Will Gophers beat Hawkeyes Twice?

Last year, IF Neb had won, then Minn vs Wisc would've been for the title as you said.
Again, that was the scenario in 2021, not 2022. Last year, NE did win, which opened the door for Purdue. Purdue’s victory then rendered our game with Bucky meaningless as far as the division title.

I hope you’re correct that it will come down to the last weekend this season and we still have a shot.

OK, 2021.

But even 2022, it the outcome of Neb vs Iowa set up another West team to have a shot.

That was the worst QB and maybe the worst offense I have ever seen. I’d be shocked if Iowa didn’t lose more games.
No argument, Iowa's QB is poor. But, with him at the helm Iowa beat Michigan St, Purdue and Wisconsin. Could they lose? Sure. Will they? Every year they suck and somehow win 10 games.
It's 3 home games and at Nebraska. Nebraska will likely have trouble scoring versus Iowa's defense. It wouldn't be surprising to me if they win those four games. It would be surprising if they lose more than one, even with that offense.
We did play excellent defense.

No argument, Iowa's QB is poor. But, with him at the helm Iowa beat Michigan St, Purdue and Wisconsin. Could they lose? Sure. Will they? Every year they suck and somehow win 10 games.
It's 3 home games and at Nebraska. Nebraska will likely have trouble scoring versus Iowa's defense. It wouldn't be surprising to me if they win those four games. It would be surprising if they lose more than one, even with that offense.
We did play excellent defense.
I’m not saying it is impossible, but I’d be shocked if they didn’t lose more games. Actually, I’d predict 2-2. Pick which 2 🤷‍♂️. Hill’s QB rating in his 4 games were 21.6, 2.1, 5.2, 10.9. Iowa likely doesn’t win any of those games if they aren’t playing in the 2023 B1G. Yes, the other teams they are going to play are also not very good and Iowa’s defense is pretty good - I just don’t see how that offense wins out.

Iowa beat Purdue, Mich State, and @ Wisc with Hill as the starter or playing significantly??

Think they win next three. Sets up Iowa vs Neb as integral to determining West champ for third straight year.

Top Bottom