WI backup QB has entered the portal

Weird timing. Badgers better wrap Mertz in duct tape because their primary backup Wolf is done for the year and with this transfer all they have left are two true freshman QBs.

I wonder if had more to do with Chyrst leaving. There will be some turmoil there over the next couple months until they announce a new coach.

I wonder if had more to do with Chyrst leaving. There will be some turmoil there over the next couple months until they announce a new coach.
Looking at their boards it sounds like he had been passed on the depth chart by one of the true freshman. But the Chryst move might have motivated him to make the decision now because this is a strange time to enter the portal.

With Chryst leaving he can enter the portal now. Otherwise he would have had to wait. 30 day window opened last week

Big kid. 6'3", 230 lbs out of HS. Ranked 0.8780 (high 3 star). A RFrosh on the WI roster at 251 lbs. Somewhere between Seth Green and Moses Alipate.

People wonder about transfers when there is a clear leader ahead of someone.

I wonder if there isn’t a clear leader if a player thinks “If they won’t start me over THAT guy … what are we even doing!??!?!?”

Lack or willingness to commit to conditioning. He had a rocket arm but looked like he might give some offensive linemen a run for their money last year. My guess is he will likely end up FCS or lower unless he doesn't want to start.

Top Bottom