Why Tubby's coaching this year is the best of all time

GopherJake

Reaction score
Settle down. I'm kidding.

This is sort of in response to someone who thought Tubby was getting too much credit for the run the squad is on. This team had a very mediocre first 2/3 of the season, and Tubby deserves some blame for this. However, this past 1/3 has been very, very good. Here are some reasons I think Tubby deserves some credit:

1. Devoe Joseph is our starting point guard and is not a "natural" point guard (whatever the hell that means - to me it means he doesn't have very much experience there). His improvement, I'm guessing has something to do with coaching.

2. Significant contributions in big games from Bostick. Very important in the Big Ten tourney. Who the hell would've predicted that? Tubby never gave up on him.

3. Cobbs is looking like a very respectible backup point guard. Tubby deserves some credit for this.

4. Iverson has found his game. Tubby deserves some credit for this.

5. RS3 and Iverson play a lot more together now. Tubby deserves a little credit for this (he should have tried it earlier).

6. LW gets less time. And he uses FU-mode a LOT less when he's in there. Tubby deserves some credit for this.

7. The half-court offense actually looks, well, pretty good. Tubby deserves some credit for this.

8. Paul Carter has played under more control. Tubby deserves some credit for this.

9. This team has not quit all year (ok, maybe Michigan no. 2). Tubby deserves some credit for that.

Tubby's recruits are becoming the leaders and I like it. I can't wait for next year!!

Top Bottom