Why Tubby is better than Brew

anonymous

Reaction score
He only gave up 50 points in his lone home game against Iowa.

And one other small detail, the Gophers won the game.

He only gave up 50 points in his lone home game against Iowa.

And one other small detail, the Gophers won the game.

That is hilarious! Best laugh I've had since the slaughtering yesterday! :D

I know one thing though brew has put a ranked team on the feild.

Are you kidding me?

I know one thing though brew has put a ranked team on the feild.

Are you insinuating Tubby has not? Not YET at MN - but I'm pretty sure the majority of his teams in his coaching career have been ranked. He took a team went from 8–22 in 2007 to 20–13 in 2008 - he almost reversed our wins in losses, in one season, with only 2 new players!

I'm not going to go Friend of Tubby on you, and spout out all of his accomplishments... I'm pretty sure, any other Coach at the U would be more than ecstatic to have 1/2 of the career that Tubby Smith has had...and he's just getting started with the Gophers.

Are you insinuating Tubby has not? Not YET at MN - but I'm pretty sure the majority of his teams in his coaching career have been ranked. He took a team went from 8–22 in 2007 to 20–13 in 2008 - he almost reversed our wins in losses, in one season, with only 2 new players!

I'm not going to go Friend of Tubby on you, and spout out all of his accomplishments... I'm pretty sure, any other Coach at the U would be more than ecstatic to have 1/2 of the career that Tubby Smith has had...and he's just getting started with the Gophers.

You tell 'em GopherLady! :)

I think a fairer comparison would be Coach Brewster's 2 years at Minnesota and Tubby's first 2 years at Tulsa.

Tubby is a more accomplished coach but Brewster has very good potential.

No crap Tubby is a good coach but i was just saying one thing that tubby has not done yet at Minnesota is being ranked thats the only thing brew has on tubby right now.

Tubby is a good coach but i was just saying one thing that tubby has not done yet at Minnesota is being ranked thats the only thing brew has on tubby right now.

I doubt if there is a competition between the two to see who's the better coach.

Besides - After Brew was ranked the team lost the rest of the games. The last being the most lopsided Big Ten loss in team history. :)

Different sports.

Am more interested in seeing Tubby become better than (or as good as) the likes of Tom Izzo & Bo Ryan in terms of running a top-flight Big 10 program over the long haul. I think he'll get there, but for right now Izzo & Ryan are the standard-bearers for sustained winning basketball in the Big 10.

Top Bottom