Why still with all the hate?

kirmlabs

Reaction score
A thread below, which starts out bashing our hard-working hoopsters, ends up with a series of shots at Friend of Tubby, not the first time here for either subject. FoT's sin seems to be his never-flagging loyalty to, and friendship with, our head basketball coach. In my opinion, this seems to be a pretty well-chosen place for friendship. But there are some who just can't seem to help but let loose all their bile on him. If only we all could have such friends.

And of course, many here seem to love blasting away at the young men on the court. They're regressing. They can't shoot. They have no half-court offense. They're headed for the NIT (a fate similar to some kind of venereal disease, I guess - a little fun at first, then horrible suffering).

In case some of you don't understand this, life is no fun living it that way. There are all kinds of reasons to be enjoying this season, even with the late struggles, not to mention our coach and what his legions of fans do for the program, short and long term. Try thinking of it like Jackie DeShannon: (feel free to sing along!)

Take a good look around
And if you're looking down
Put a little love in your heart!
I hope when you decide
Kindness will be your guide

And the World will be a better place
For you. And me. Just wait - and see!

Put a little love in your heart! Put a little love in your heart!

I agree...

This team seems to have some quality kids and I for one appreciate their efforts. As for FOT, I think he adds to the Hole a valuable perspective, as do many others here.

As for hate, this is what I hate: Champagne glasses cut into hair styles, stolen phone cards, having tudors do your class work, attacking girlfirends, etc, etc. That isnt stuff that seems to hang around Tubby!

Going to my happy place?

Perhaps it is time to go to my "happy place".

In all seriousness, FOT adds a lot to this place.

In all seriousness, the NIT is seriously better than going 9-22.

But, most seriously, putting a thumping on the badgers tonite will assuredly take me to my own happy place...

They're regressing. They can't shoot. They have no half-court offense. They're headed for the NIT

Exactly the way I feel. Thanks for pointing it out. Do you have suggestions on how we can fix these problems ?

YES !!!

Perhaps it is time to go to my "happy place".

In all seriousness, FOT adds a lot to this place.

In all seriousness, the NIT is seriously better than going 9-22.

But, most seriously, putting a thumping on the badgers tonite will assuredly take me to my own happy place...

I agree.

Sweeping the Badgers !!! That would be wonderful !!! It is so close I can taste it !!!

I don't blame it on hate. I blame it on a number of young, impatient posters who are only experienced in instant gratification, and have no understanding of what it is like to be patient and work HARD for good things. IOW....spoiled kids. I, for one, worked hard all of my life to earn whatever I achieved. I admire FOT, GopherLady, MnSnowman, the GH staff, and even Art V. because we have worked hard to establish what we have now, even tho we often disagree on things. I love the Gophers, and am extremely proud of where these guys are now compared to 2 and 3 and 4 and more years ago. GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!

edit: p.s. Let's not forget Blizzard!!!!!!!!! (sorry I left you out, big guy.)

I admire FOT, GopherLady, MnSnowman, the GH staff, and even Art V. because we have worked hard to establish what we have now, even tho we often disagree on things.

Gee whiz .. can I get an invite to the next GopherHole get together ? I feel left out.

I don't blame it on hate. I blame it on a number of young, impatient posters who are only experienced in instant gratification, and have no understanding of what it is like to be patient and work HARD for good things. IOW....spoiled kids. I, for one, worked hard all of my life to earn whatever I achieved. I admire FOT, GopherLady, MnSnowman, the GH staff, and even Art V. because we have worked hard to establish what we have now, even tho we often disagree on things. I love the Gophers, and am extremely proud of where these guys are now compared to 2 and 3 and 4 and more years ago. GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!

I look forward to the day I can type, say this. It means I am passed the point of working my tail off and having to continue to hear my elders tell me how spoiled I am. I will honor the tradition of telling the next generation how spoiled they are. I can't wait.

Monk....

"I look forward to the day I can type, say this. It means I am passed the point of working my tail off and having to continue to hear my elders tell me how spoiled I am. I will honor the tradition of telling the next generation how spoiled they are. I can't wait. "

Your day will come, my friend, sooner than you think.

Been there, done that.

BTW, I didn't say all, I said some.

A thread below, which starts out bashing our hard-working hoopsters, ends up with a series of shots at Friend of Tubby, not the first time here for either subject. FoT's sin seems to be his never-flagging loyalty to, and friendship with, our head basketball coach. In my opinion, this seems to be a pretty well-chosen place for friendship. But there are some who just can't seem to help but let loose all their bile on him. If only we all could have such friends.

And of course, many here seem to love blasting away at the young men on the court. They're regressing. They can't shoot. They have no half-court offense. They're headed for the NIT (a fate similar to some kind of venereal disease, I guess - a little fun at first, then horrible suffering).

In case some of you don't understand this, life is no fun living it that way. There are all kinds of reasons to be enjoying this season, even with the late struggles, not to mention our coach and what his legions of fans do for the program, short and long term. Try thinking of it like Jackie DeShannon: (feel free to sing along!)

Take a good look around
And if you're looking down
I hope when you decide
Kindness will be your guide

For you. And me. Just wait - and see!

Put a little love in your heart! Put a little love in your heart!

FOT is fine unless you either disagree with him or dont worship at St Smith daily.

Monk....

"I look forward to the day I can type, say this. It means I am passed the point of working my tail off and having to continue to hear my elders tell me how spoiled I am. I will honor the tradition of telling the next generation how spoiled they are. I can't wait. "

Your day will come, my friend, sooner than you think.

Been there, done that.

BTW, I didn't say all, I said some.

I don't think your post was the first time this was mentioned. I believe the following is attributed to Socrates. Like I said it is almost a tradition. It is almost required that the generation to come before says stuff like you just did.

The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have
no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all
restraint. They talk as if they alone knew everything and what passes
for wisdom with us is foolishness with them.

I guess that I am "old school" but if the Gophers go 3-30 for the year but sweep Wisconsin and Iowa then that is a successful year.

Dont forget...

I look forward to the day I can type, say this. It means I am passed the point of working my tail off and having to continue to hear my elders tell me how spoiled I am. I will honor the tradition of telling the next generation how spoiled they are. I can't wait.

Dont forget to tell the same boring stories over and over and over again. That is an important part of being an "elder". Over and over and over again. :)

Apparently age hasn't taught you not to stereotype. But then again I'm young so clearly my points are invalid and I don't deserve any respect...

"Dont forget to tell the same boring stories over and over and over again."

The mind is the first thing to go. I'm learning that already, and I'm only 40ish. Enjoy being of sound mind while you're still a youngin'.

SS. I think you have it wrong...the mind is the second thing to go but I forgot what the first thing is. In fact, I have forgotten lots of things in my life, but I can never remember what they are.

Top Bottom