Why SHOULDN'T Coyle fire Claeys right now?

Les Miles - don't think he's a great Xs and Os coach and I don't think his recruiting chops will do much at the U.

Brian Kelly - we are not in the recruiting hotbed part of the country nor do we have the prestige to try to be playing spread football.

Les Miles - don't think he's a great Xs and Os coach and I don't think his recruiting chops will do much at the U.

Brian Kelly - we are not in the recruiting hotbed part of the country nor do we have the prestige to try to be playing spread football.

What advantage do you gain by firing him today?? Now excuse me while I get out of here before Gopherhole turns into flames.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily true. It gives you a head start on the search. This is a big reason why we got Tubby.

That said, it's way too early to do it yet. If they lose next week, you have to start considering it. A loss to any of Illinois/Purdue/Rutgers would be the last straw.

Brian Kelly had a heck of a career pre-Notre Dame.

I don't think the spread has anything to do with prestige.

Won't happen in my opinion. He gets offers every year and only one he interviewed for is BYU, which he turned down. He's been at Annapolis (in some capacity) for the better part of 18 years.

I think we could probably get him, however, I don't really love the fit. One of the only things we have in terms of recruiting advantages is that quite a few big OL come from our general region.

He is a heck of a coach though, so I can't say that I would be disappointed.

Not necessarily true. It gives you a head start on the search. This is a big reason why we got Tubby.

That said, it's way too early to do it yet. If they lose next week, you have to start considering it. A loss to any of Illinois/Purdue/Rutgers would be the last straw.

I really don't think it does give you much a head start on the search. Right now, we would most likely be having to work through back channels as well (most likely the guy we want is currently working).

Coyle has already started to make a list and he's going through the back channels to gauge interest. What we did with Tubby could have been done with Monson still coaching.

Another name to consider, even though I hate his offense, is Chip Kelly. San Fran is no bed of roses for him.

I really don't think it does give you much a head start on the search. Right now, we would most likely be having to work through back channels as well (most likely the guy we want is currently working).

Coyle has already started to make a list and he's going through the back channels to gauge interest. What we did with Tubby could have been done with Monson still coaching.

I think sometimes even the agents, etc. are not as willing to talk if you have a coach in place. I'd give him two more losses. But once it's obvious that he's cooked, you pull the trigger.

If Chip Kelly is plausible, then we should probably go after zombie Vince Lombardi instead

Michigan State lost to BYU today and are 2-3 on the season, by the GopherHole logic, Mark Dantonio should probably be fired too.

Michigan State lost to BYU today and are 2-3 on the season, by the GopherHole logic, Mark Dantonio should probably be fired too.

Uhm...no. It isn't the same thing at all.

Edit: I'm not saying fire the head coach, but I think a change at the end of the season is coming if a miracle doesn't happen.

Uhm...no. It isn't the same thing at all.

Edit: I'm not saying fire the head coach, but I think a change at the end of the season is coming if a miracle doesn't happen.
But they are regressing.

But they are regressing.

From a Conference best team (top ten nationally) to where they are now. We went from 8-4 two seasons ago to this. Huge difference.

From a Conference best team (top ten nationally) to where they are now. We went from 8-4 two seasons ago to this. Huge difference.
I agree, MSU has regressed considerably, time for them to cut the ties.

TC made his bed today. it's over come season end minus a miracle. I'm for letting him finish the season because it makes no difference, but it's time to head another direction. TC will not get another HC job and I feel bad for that. But he proved he's not HC material

I'm not lobbying for Kelly. He's wetting the bed with a team that ranks among the most talented in the country. I'm just saying he'll probably be available and I think he'd be an upgrade.

There was no fire today. None. That is coaching. If they had played with some urgency and lost, OK. I thought that was the skill of the 1AA crowd--play with fire and lose. This team just loses. In the most boring fashion possible.

I don't care when you fire him. I just hope there is a candidate better than him before you do.

There was no fire today. None. That is coaching. If they had played with some urgency and lost, OK. I thought that was the skill of the 1AA crowd--play with fire and lose. This team just loses. In the most boring fashion possible.

I don't care when you fire him. I just hope there is a candidate better than him before you do.

How are you a 5th year senior QB and you have no fire to bring your team back? I just don't get it.

Don't fire Claeys because I am a Badger troll and I said fire Claeys.

Pure idiocy to fire Claeys right now....UNLESS you already have Miles ready to sign on immediately, which seems unlikely.

How are you a 5th year senior QB and you have no fire to bring your team back? I just don't get it.

I think he just pressed so much today. The team, including coaches, need to relax.

I think he just pressed so much today. The team, including coaches, need to relax.

Leidner has that dopey look on his face and licks his hands and has NO fire. He doesn't have quickness or the sense to know when to bail. He waits until it is too late to bail. When he misses, he misses by a mile. He made the worst decisions of where to put the ball I have ever seen. 2 men on our receiver and that's where he goes.
Fire Claeys now. Maybe that will light a fire under this team and maybe our stands will be full at game time some day soon. WE HAVE suffered with bad coaching since they fired Cal Stoll. I am sick and tired of bad coaching. COME ON

Wrong. Should have been after loss 2. He's already out stayed is welcome at 3.

Top Bottom