Why is everyone on here freaking out?

tjgesquire

Team Ginger
Reaction score
Most posters are acting like we had our a$$es handed to us on Saturday, we didn't. We left 14 points on the field in the first half because of stupid, stupid penalties. Brewster committed none of them by the way. Wisconsin would've been dead in the water if we wouldn't have shot ourselves in the foot so many times. Wisconsin's running game wears every team down, but if you have a 14 point lead, it's a lot harder for them to play that kind of game. And in reality, we were only a couple of fingers away from having that punt blocked and the ball on Wisconsin's side of the field with a great chance at still winning it in the end.

And Weber's overall performance, why are we suprised? He's the same guy we had last year and we know what to expect from him. He's awful in the pocket (not that we provide a great one) and is the slowest quarterback I've seen this year in the Big Ten. But, he has great chemistry with Decker and that allows him to make some very good plays at key moments. This is where he could be in trouble next year (IMO No Decker = 2 QB system).

We are fine, some of you need to settle down and stop being such typical Minnesota fans with the "sky is falling" mentality after every loss.

we're 1-8 in big ten home games under Brew. I can understand peoples frustrations.

The frustrating thing for me is that there is such a fine line between an 9-3 team and a 6-6 or 4-7 team. We certainly did miss opportunities on Saturday, but we all have seen missed opportunities for a lot of years. Gopher fans seem to find comfort in what could have been, but if you ask the Wisconsin folks they will probably say they took advantage of those mistakes and that is the sign of a good football team.

We missed a big opportunity, especially when you look at the rest of our schedule. I just posted that we have a chance to win the rest of our home games, but a win on the road against Penn State, Ohio State and Iowa will be tough. Unless we pull an upset, we are looking at being behind Ohio State, Iowa, Penn State, Wisconsin and maybe Michigan depending on how they play down the stretch for bowl consideration...and that is saying we do win all our home games. That means we are back to the Insight Bowl - Minnesota's new Music City Bowl.

I agree. People like to point out Weber as a runner and he is probably the last QB in the Big Ten that should be running. A loss is a loss, but when you shoot yourself in the foot, it is frustrating. The chop block call was week in the center was not engaging the defender or trying to. Line judge should not be making that call.

Most posters are acting like we had our a$$es handed to us on Saturday, we didn't. We left 14 points on the field in the first half because of stupid, stupid penalties. Brewster committed none of them by the way. Wisconsin would've been dead in the water if we wouldn't have shot ourselves in the foot so many times. Wisconsin's running game wears every team down, but if you have a 14 point lead, it's a lot harder for them to play that kind of game. And in reality, we were only a couple of fingers away from having that punt blocked and the ball on Wisconsin's side of the field with a great chance at still winning it in the end.

And Weber's overall performance, why are we suprised? He's the same guy we had last year and we know what to expect from him. He's awful in the pocket (not that we provide a great one) and is the slowest quarterback I've seen this year in the Big Ten. But, he has great chemistry with Decker and that allows him to make some very good plays at key moments. This is where he could be in trouble next year (IMO No Decker = 2 QB system).

We are fine, some of you need to settle down and stop being such typical Minnesota fans with the "sky is falling" mentality after every loss.

If you do not study history you are bound to repeat it.

0-5, 55-0;

I suppose the 0-5 and 55-0 comment is in everyone's mind. If it is repeated, then all hell should break loose. I for one don't expect it. This team is a lot better than last year's team and we have faced much better opposition. If we win four more it will be a significant improvement over last year's showing. Would like to begin with a relatively easy win over Purdue. I would like one chance to see how this team reacts to a good lead.

Because a lot of people thought we were a lot better than we actually are. Rather than simply admitting they were wrong, they want to bitch and blame people.

I know a lot of people don't like the negative nancy's, but I find the out-to-lunch homers who act like 12 year old girls when things don't go their way much more of a drag.

Can Minnesota fans ever be "atypical" and actually have expectations for their football team?

People just had unrealistic expectations of where this program is at. Everybody hopes for the best, and when it doesn't happen they get frustrated. I'm sure the team and Brewster are even more frustrated. In the end we're a mid-level big ten team at best. The average predicted finish in the Big 10 amongst prognosticators was 9th. While we hoped for more, in the end we'll have an outcome somewhat relative to our talent level. It's just the way it is.

It's a long journey. Deal.

Top Bottom