Why is a banned poster allowed to post?

Oscar Munson

Reaction score
Wren was banned for good reason, he should have been shown the door sooner than he was. If banned posters are allowed to just show back up under a different name then what is the point of banning someone? And why should anyone else care about following the rules.

Here is What May Happen to Wren

You got that right. If Wren keeps this up, they will make him a moderator over on the GI.

Wren's just being demanding. You know, like he was with Mason.

Get a clue from the Jungle

First a poster should be blocked! And as Rome often says you are blocked, and you need to get a new show, or new cell number. Here it is merely a new email address and a new name. But I never understood the idea of banning someone's free expression, I will not present Consitutional Law and I realize this is more of a privilage than a right. But if someone engages in flame throwing to simply enrage the masses and the result is countless bits of name calling flying through the internet it is pointless, and a waste of time and computer bits. There are modern day rabble rousers on the board, they also take space on newspaper websites, other fans sites, and here. The answer? Turn them off, don't take the time to read it, and don't get sucked in.

Now I remember Wren from another incarnation of the Gopherhole, and he the Oldtimer and others provided the historical backdrop to the Mason years. They went back to dominance of Bierman, the canning of Warmath and Cal Stoll. They added to my distaste of Malcom Moose, (yes I know). And the anti esblishment and anti athletic attidue of the late 60's, 70's, and 80's.

When you have lived that history, it gives you a different prespective on Coach Brewster. And that's were Wren and I differ. Mason couldn't, didn't, and wouldn't attempt to crack the top tier of the Big 10. Oh sure we were close, but no cigar. From day one Coach Brewster has said his goal is winning the Big 10, Playing in the Rose Bowl, and Challenging for a National Championship. What about that is not clear. Going 1-whatever was to be expected. But last year was as exciting as any Mason Season.
This year I expect to be better, a 10-2 season should put the Masonites to rest.

Husker: a 10-2 record in 2009 is exactly what I want to see! I value Big Ten wins above any other type of win. That would mean the Gophers were truely competing in the Big Ten Conference. I will never ask for anything more than that. In my opinion, the Big Ten win vs. the Big Ten loss record is the ONLY true indicator of exactly how a fotball program at the University of Minnesota ranks with all the other Big Ten Conference member football programs. There is head to head competition. Every win is precious and to be treasured. Every loss is devistating and makes competing with the other programs within the conference that much more difficult. Some of it is recruiting. Some of it is pure talent based. Some of it is coaching. Some of it is pure heart and desire of every member within that program. Some of it is good luck vs bad luck. Some is the ability to avoid injury. Some of it is the ability to play through non-threatening injury. But, in the end, the final Big Ten record each season presents a non-disputable "state of the program..." report. 6 and 2 in the Big Ten would be very good...in fact excellent! 2-6 would be very poor...in fact it would be very troubling going into a coache's 3rd season.

I also want brewster to remain in place longer than maturi and prexy b. remain on the job. I do not want the two of them to hire another football coach. They have had their time to manage the football program at the Uiversity of Minnesota. They do not have a lot of "future" to serve in their present positions. The future of the academic programs at the University of Minnesota must be addressed and shaped by people who will be there ten years from now. The future of the football program must be decided by the Athletic Director of the next ten to twelve years. Prexy b will not be at the University of Minnesota in 10 t0 12 years. Hopefully he will be doing all the things he wants to be doing in his retirement. maturi will not be the ad at the U of M in 10 to 12 years. He will also be well along into his retirement.

The best thing brewster has done during his time at Minnesota was to finally dump dunbar. I honstly do think the Gopher offense will be more fun to watch this season and if the offensive line can continue improving throughout the season, I believe that Mr. Weber and company will have a very entertaining offense. I don't know how successful any program is that shuttles qb's in and out of games. Who knows, perhaps an injury or the need to play through an injury will make this a moot point.

I believe that this 2009 offense could have done better in 2007 and 2008 than the dunbar spread could have done. I honestly do believe that the 2007 and 2008 schedules were set up for wins. However, this 2009 schedule in my opinion will be more difficult. Progress could be made on one level, yet, the wins will probably be more difficult to earn in 2009.

"Casey did waltz with the strawberry blonde and the BANNED played on..." Yes, I am here. Yes, I was restricted from this board for a period of time. For right or for wrong reasons. Have I ever been any worse, or sometimes even as bad as a number of others who have continued to post here? To each thier own on that question, I guess. Hate me. Dislike me. tolerate me. Appreciate me. Read me. Don't read me. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me I'm right. Laugh at me. whine about me. Disagree with me. Agree with me. I'll be here for a while...maybe a long time even. I say what I think, and I think what I say. I'll be going to Gopher games as long as I can get around. I'll be enjoying the new stadium. I'll be wanting Gopher wins in Big Ten play and on every Game Day Saturday.

I think the only way to judge brewster is by the number of Big Ten wins he has vs the number of Big Ten losses. That has always been the major criteria for judging Big Ten Coaches. That will always be the major creiteria. Isn't it really that way at all Division I colleges?

Keep brewster in place for at least one season after maturi and prexy b are no longer associated with the University of Minnesota. That is ultimate tenure for a football coach a the U of M. That is ultimate support for a football coach at the University of Minnesota.

But Husker, the 7-1 easy portion of the schedule in 2008 was fun. However, the 0-5 finish with the thrashing at the hands of iowa and Kansas was brutally painful. That big time loss to that very bad Michigan team was an eye-opener. That collapse against wisky was so frustrating. And that followed a horrible victory turned into a loss in the dome against NU. During the part of the season in which they played a tougher foe, it looked worse than most of the 2007 throw away season.

That was very painful to this very long-term and long-time Golden Gopher Football Fan. 55 years of Gopher teams, coaches, players and seasons that I recall Husker. That is a lot of Golden Gopher Football! I have been there. I will be there. They can try to vote me off the island, but I will not go away. Just as with kilroy during WWII, youwill continue to find evidence that "wren" was here. I've had a lifetime of being a Golden Gopher Fan. I will be a Golden Gopher Football Fan until the day I die. I'll approach the traditions and the history of Golden Gopher Football based upon what I have experienced, seen, read about and know. I will go into the future of Golden Gopher Football not based upon what the current booster club members or brewcrew spinners want me to say, think and do, but based upon the spirit of Golden Gopher Football that I have experienced...the trials, tribulations, battles and victories I have seen this program experience. I will be honest, say what I think and be my own person. I will stand up for what I believe. I'll be around Husker...and I will always use the number of Big Ten wins as the ultimate barometer of the current health of the University of Minnesota Golden Gopher Football Program. No matter how the establishment may spin it the number of Big Ten wins the Gophers achieve each football season will always tell us exactly how the program is doing. Coaches can say they have aspirations to win championships, Rosebowls and National Titles...but...the number of Big Ten wins tells us if they are contenders or pretenders. They can't baffle us with b.s. Husker. They have to show us with LOTS of Big Ten wins. Words are cheap. Big Ten victories are only earned on the Big Ten Playing Fields and in the Big Ten Stadiums. I don't care what brewster says: I WATCH what he DOES on Game Day Saturdays. Tell him wren was here and that wren is waiting for a LOT of Big Ten wins.

First a poster should be blocked! And as Rome often says you are blocked, and you need to get a new show, or new cell number. Here it is merely a new email address and a new name.

Am I that much of a clone that after your first sentence I heard "Blocked! Blocked!" in my head?

War Gimmie back my fat, rude, thoughtless son Ryne.

Now I'm done, rack me.

Wren... no offense but you need to condence your paragraphs just to make sure people aren't sleeping after the second sentence. Get to the point.
Stop using the term Prexy. You sound like an idiot.
Are you drunk when you are writing? I sure hope so.
Don't you enjoy life? If not, just stop. Please, just stop. Time to move on to something else.

I think the only way to judge brewster is by the number of Big Ten wins he has vs the number of Big Ten losses. That has always been the major criteria for judging Big Ten Coaches. That will always be the major creiteria. Isn't it really that way at all Division I colleges?

.........................................................................................................

........Funny, you never judged your superhero Mason by this criteria. You gave him 10 years
and if I recall his Big Ten record wasn't too good, either. Again - you have to give Brewster a little time here. He has to have a few years to stockpile talent and as you can see by getting shut out in the draft, we really didn't have too much quality in our junior and senior classes.

Things I find embarrassingly pathetic

1. Coming back to a message board after you have been banned (sometimes more than once) with a different user name. How pathetic is someones life that they can't stay away from a message board? How little pride in yourself could you have if you are willing to "sneak on" to an Internet message board that doesn't want you around?

2. Fans of other teams who post on their opponents board during (and especially after) "they" win a big game. Really? Are you at such a low point in your own life that you need to go out of your way to rub a big win (that you didn't participate in) in the face of fans of the losing team? I despise everything about Iowa and Wisconsin, but wouldn't go on there boards and talk crap about them.

3. The "fake fan" this is the guy who's got a user name claiming to be a fan of a team they are not. They take time out of their day to post messages pretending to be a fan of said team in the hopes of inciting an actual fan of that team. It's amazing someone who has that much free time would not be able to find something better to do.

The reason Wren is still here is that I don't ever remember him getting served with walking papers. He left in protest when his compadre The Loon<sup>TM</sup> was booted from all the Gopher forums (here, Scout, Rivals, and GPL) over the course of about 48 hours.

Husker: a 10-2 record in 2009 is exactly what I want to see! I value Big Ten wins above any other type of win. That would mean the Gophers were truely competing in the Big Ten Conference. I will never ask for anything more than that. In my opinion, the Big Ten win vs. the Big Ten loss record is the ONLY true indicator of exactly how a fotball program at the University of Minnesota ranks with all the other Big Ten Conference member football programs. There is head to head competition. Every win is precious and to be treasured. Every loss is devistating and makes competing with the other programs within the conference that much more difficult. Some of it is recruiting. Some of it is pure talent based. Some of it is coaching. Some of it is pure heart and desire of every member within that program. Some of it is good luck vs bad luck. Some is the ability to avoid injury. Some of it is the ability to play through non-threatening injury. But, in the end, the final Big Ten record each season presents a non-disputable "state of the program..." report. 6 and 2 in the Big Ten would be very good...in fact excellent! 2-6 would be very poor...in fact it would be very troubling going into a coache's 3rd season.

I also want brewster to remain in place longer than maturi and prexy b. remain on the job. I do not want the two of them to hire another football coach. They have had their time to manage the football program at the Uiversity of Minnesota. They do not have a lot of "future" to serve in their present positions. The future of the academic programs at the University of Minnesota must be addressed and shaped by people who will be there ten years from now. The future of the football program must be decided by the Athletic Director of the next ten to twelve years. Prexy b will not be at the University of Minnesota in 10 t0 12 years. Hopefully he will be doing all the things he wants to be doing in his retirement. maturi will not be the ad at the U of M in 10 to 12 years. He will also be well along into his retirement.

The best thing brewster has done during his time at Minnesota was to finally dump dunbar. I honstly do think the Gopher offense will be more fun to watch this season and if the offensive line can continue improving throughout the season, I believe that Mr. Weber and company will have a very entertaining offense. I don't know how successful any program is that shuttles qb's in and out of games. Who knows, perhaps an injury or the need to play through an injury will make this a moot point.

I believe that this 2009 offense could have done better in 2007 and 2008 than the dunbar spread could have done. I honestly do believe that the 2007 and 2008 schedules were set up for wins. However, this 2009 schedule in my opinion will be more difficult. Progress could be made on one level, yet, the wins will probably be more difficult to earn in 2009.

"Casey did waltz with the strawberry blonde and the BANNED played on..." Yes, I am here. Yes, I was restricted from this board for a period of time. For right or for wrong reasons. Have I ever been any worse, or sometimes even as bad as a number of others who have continued to post here? To each thier own on that question, I guess. Hate me. Dislike me. tolerate me. Appreciate me. Read me. Don't read me. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me I'm right. Laugh at me. whine about me. Disagree with me. Agree with me. I'll be here for a while...maybe a long time even. I say what I think, and I think what I say. I'll be going to Gopher games as long as I can get around. I'll be enjoying the new stadium. I'll be wanting Gopher wins in Big Ten play and on every Game Day Saturday.

Keep brewster in place for at least one season after maturi and prexy b are no longer associated with the University of Minnesota. That is ultimate tenure for a football coach a the U of M. That is ultimate support for a football coach at the University of Minnesota.

But Husker, the 7-1 easy portion of the schedule in 2008 was fun. However, the 0-5 finish with the thrashing at the hands of iowa and Kansas was brutally painful. That big time loss to that very bad Michigan team was an eye-opener. That collapse against wisky was so frustrating. And that followed a horrible victory turned into a loss in the dome against NU. During the part of the season in which they played a tougher foe, it looked worse than most of the 2007 throw away season.

That was very painful to this very long-term and long-time Golden Gopher Football Fan. 55 years of Gopher teams, coaches, players and seasons that I recall Husker. That is a lot of Golden Gopher Football! I have been there. I will be there. They can try to vote me off the island, but I will not go away. Just as with kilroy during WWII, youwill continue to find evidence that "wren" was here. I've had a lifetime of being a Golden Gopher Fan. I will be a Golden Gopher Football Fan until the day I die. I'll approach the traditions and the history of Golden Gopher Football based upon what I have experienced, seen, read about and know. I will go into the future of Golden Gopher Football not based upon what the current booster club members or brewcrew spinners want me to say, think and do, but based upon the spirit of Golden Gopher Football that I have experienced...the trials, tribulations, battles and victories I have seen this program experience. I will be honest, say what I think and be my own person. I will stand up for what I believe. I'll be around Husker...and I will always use the number of Big Ten wins as the ultimate barometer of the current health of the University of Minnesota Golden Gopher Football Program. No matter how the establishment may spin it the number of Big Ten wins the Gophers achieve each football season will always tell us exactly how the program is doing. Coaches can say they have aspirations to win championships, Rosebowls and National Titles...but...the number of Big Ten wins tells us if they are contenders or pretenders. They can't baffle us with b.s. Husker. They have to show us with LOTS of Big Ten wins. Words are cheap. Big Ten victories are only earned on the Big Ten Playing Fields and in the Big Ten Stadiums. I don't care what brewster says: I WATCH what he DOES on Game Day Saturdays. Tell him wren was here and that wren is waiting for a LOT of Big Ten wins.

TL;DR

gold rush: Did I give Mason 10 years here? It seems to me that keeping Mason here 10 years was the work of various administrators. Mark Dienhart brought Mason here. Prexy Y extended Mason when the clem haskin's scandal was bringing down the athletic house at the U of M. Then, Prexy Y left for the University of Texas and it was none other than prexy b and this maturi who first let Mason's contract run down to zilch, then extended him for a long time and at the end of 2006, bought him out, at the cost of millions and millions of dollars that prexy b had to borrow from the General Fund of the University of Minnesota. So, gold rush, blame Prexy Y for extending Mason the first time when the haskin's scandal was destroying the reputation of the University of Minnesota. Then, blame prexy b and this maturi for extending Mason after letting his contract basically run out. You don't blame wren for keeping Mason here for 10 years. wren is powerful as all get out...but not even wren is THAT powerful! ; 0 )

Why has this brewster made such a mess of the defensive coordinator job and the offensive coordinator job? He came in spending big money on coordinators and the ones he has brought in have been ineffective or he has had to buy them out. In his 3rd year he is completely starting over with both the offensive and defensive coordinators. That appears to be terrible management of resources, manpower and it also seems to be very disruptive to the program.

It would appear that this brewster has done next to nothing to develope players during his 2 1/2 years here. I have never heard so MANY excuses as to why a coach shouldn't be judged year, after year, after year. The last 5 games of the 2008 season were especially discouraging to this fan. Those games were very sad games to watch. One had to feel sorry for the players because they appeared to get no direction...no leadership...no plan from the coach and his assistants. Those last 5 games of the 2008 season were incredibly discouraging.

Originally Posted by monk: quoting 4starrecruit...

"...Husker: a 10-2 record in 2009 is exactly what I want to see! I value Big Ten wins above any other type of win. That would mean the Gophers were truely competing in the Big Ten Conference. I will never ask for anything more than that. In my opinion, the Big Ten win vs. the Big Ten loss record is the ONLY true indicator of exactly how a fotball program at the University of Minnesota ranks with all the other Big Ten Conference member football programs. There is head to head competition. Every win is precious and to be treasured. Every loss is devistating and makes competing with the other programs within the conference that much more difficult. Some of it is recruiting. Some of it is pure talent based. Some of it is coaching. Some of it is pure heart and desire of every member within that program. Some of it is good luck vs bad luck. Some is the ability to avoid injury. Some of it is the ability to play through non-threatening injury. But, in the end, the final Big Ten record each season presents a non-disputable "state of the program..." report. 6 and 2 in the Big Ten would be very good...in fact excellent! 2-6 would be very poor...in fact it would be very troubling going into a coache's 3rd season.

TL;DR;;;"

(close quote by monk)

TO ALL MONKS,and/OR MONIKERS OF MONKEYS OR MONIKERS OF MONKS: PDNRTPITGFYE/EEVW! ; 0 )

This Brewster has put Minnesota on a national stage with the the media spewing a lot of positivity about the program. This Brewster has been in living rooms that Mason would never have been invited, this Brewster has brought in more talent in 2 years than we have seen in the last decade plus. This Brewster will bring this program to a January Bowl game and a Rose bowl. Be patient 4starrecruit.

I see no evidence of this on Big Ten Game Day Saturdays flyingdutcmanstinks.

?????brewster hasnt even had any of his players go through the system yet...you are just an assh*^% plain and simple, the guy's top 2 recruits havent even seen the field yet (maresh, gray), but i suppose that's brewster's fault too? he has played ONE WHOLE SEASON with A FEW of his players and most of Mason's. masons kids went 1-11.. either way you have to give brewster some credit for the turn around last year and then you bitch becasue the end of the season when we played a few games without our best and nearly only offensive weapon, and half of the year without our starting RB who i believe at one time was leading in receiving and rushing yards. your really going to pin all that on brewster??really?

128660498159844805.jpg

"...Husker: a 10-2 record in 2009 is exactly what I want to see! I value Big Ten wins above any other type of win. That would mean the Gophers were truely competing in the Big Ten Conference. I will never ask for anything more than that. In my opinion, the Big Ten win vs. the Big Ten loss record is the ONLY true indicator of exactly how a fotball program at the University of Minnesota ranks with all the other Big Ten Conference member football programs. There is head to head competition. Every win is precious and to be treasured. Every loss is devistating and makes competing with the other programs within the conference that much more difficult. Some of it is recruiting. Some of it is pure talent based. Some of it is coaching. Some of it is pure heart and desire of every member within that program. Some of it is good luck vs bad luck. Some is the ability to avoid injury. Some of it is the ability to play through non-threatening injury. But, in the end, the final Big Ten record each season presents a non-disputable "state of the program..." report. 6 and 2 in the Big Ten would be very good...in fact excellent! 2-6 would be very poor...in fact it would be very troubling going into a coache's 3rd season.

TL;DR;;;"

(close quote by monk)

TO ALL MONKEYS, MONKS, OR MONIKERS OF MONKEYS OR MONKS: PDNRTPITGFYE/EEVW! ; 0 )

Not the first time you and your racist bff used the word monkey in a post I bet.

TL;DR;;;"

(close quote by monk)

TO ALL MONKS,and/OR MONIKERS OF MONKEYS OR MONIKERS OF MONKS: PDNRTPITGFYE/EEVW! ; 0 )

WALL_OF_TEXT.jpg

sign-gtfo-art-280.gif

If most of you people would just stop responding to this wren, then the drama queen would probably just go away. He lives for reaction, so you only make it worse by responding to him. He gets his jollies seeing which one of you is going to take the bait. Unfortunately, too many of you have hook, line, and sinker plugged in deep. Just ignore this wren. It makes life much easier.

tjgopher Has This Right....

If most of you people would just stop responding to this wren, then the drama queen would probably just go away. He lives for reaction, so you only make it worse by responding to him. He gets his jollies seeing which one of you is going to take the bait. Unfortunately, too many of you have hook, line, and sinker plugged in deep. Just ignore this wren. It makes life much easier.

It is so easy to flame back to someone so negative and repetitious as Wren. But the way to stop is to act like he is not even around. He will go away and find some other sucker to bite on his diatribes.

just thinking about this...instead of the admins banning people from the site who can just get a new name and come back in. Would it be possible to leave it up to the poster.. Say i wanted to start a new thread and i could have an option of scrolling through names and blocking certain people who are known trolls. Yes this is kinda the same thing but it takes admins a long time to finally block people where as we could start blocking these idiots right away, and if they really want to take the time to make a new name every single day o well

Birdy, you could say everything in your full page report by just saying Brewster must win big ten games and fire maturi. thats all you ever say win your paragraphs of shit.

Top Bottom