Why does Joey King play?

I like king but I think he should be a bench player for the gophers. I have been saying I don't think buggs is the answer but let him play and see if he develops into the player he can athletically could be......I am very sick of our pf getting 1 rebound I know buggs can do better than that.

King is limited in his game, but does a lot with what he's working with. I'd like to see EE and Mo together (with slender Mo as the de facto 4) at some points in time... trying out Konate here and there is fine as well...

...but Buggs? No.

Wow, I guess you cannot have a negative opinion on King. If he's not on the team we're at least 3-3 in the Big Ten right now. He is not the best option. I'd rather get Buggs more minutes and NEVER play King at clutch time. Some of you on here are just a$$es.

:(

I like king but I think he should be a bench player for the gophers. I have been saying I don't think buggs is the answer but let him play and see if he develops into the player he can athletically could be......I am very sick of our pf getting 1 rebound I know buggs can do better than that.

Except for that, Ya know, Buggs doesn't do better than that. Pitino has said Buggs is more of a wing player. He tries to rebound by being athletic as opposed to boxing out, also has no clue where to be on defense and occasionally on offense. If gophers had given up on this year, by all means play Buggs and see if he develops. But if you want to win, playing Buggs and hoping he figures it out will just irritate the other players as they have to cover for him.

King isn't perfect by any means, and it certainly hurts now having a PF and Center who are both better offensively than defensively (it was more balanced with King and EE) but if the Gophers want to win, playing Joey at the 4 is the right answer.

Well buggs averages more rebounds per minute played than king.....and we also have started playing a lot better when buggs actually gets minutes...so season would not be lost.....also buggs is also a better press option than king.....so joey king is not the right answer...let's show scher215 what he could have won if he had the right answer.

Guys....don't get bent out of shape. Just look at his posting history. This dude is as slow as they come. Better to just acknowledge his mental shortcomings and pat him on the head for trying.

I concede on this subject. There is actually no right answer, sorry for being a dink.

Stocker you don't have any stock to post on a basketball forum....if I recall you said free throws don't matter in a previous post. I do not think they are the most important thing but they are very important. Look of the percentage of ncaa tournament winners I bet the team with a higher ft % wins in close games(i.e. Kansas vs. Memphis). Basketball just isn't your sport.

Wow, I guess you cannot have a negative opinion on King. If he's not on the team we're at least 3-3 in the Big Ten right now. He is not the best option. I'd rather get Buggs more minutes and NEVER play King at clutch time. Some of you on here are just a$$es.

Based on what. Take King out of the rotation, and who is not only going to replace his production, but surpass it to the point of making the difference between winning and losing a game. If I wanted to, I could take Andre Hollins' #, or little Dre's #, and argue that they were much more directly responsible for those losses than King was. What this comes down to is "I don't like player X, therefore he is the cause of all the team's problems."

Guys....don't get bent out of shape. Just look at his posting history. This dude is as slow as they come. Better to just acknowledge his mental shortcomings and pat him on the head for trying.

Well said.

You know, if some people could just respect the opinions others and have an adult-like conversation without personally attacking each other, this board would be 100 times better.

Perhaps some people look forward to the anonymous opportunity to personally act others, and express opinions in ways they never would in person.

Now, for those people who want to get rid of King, may I point out another odd behavior of Buggs ie. stepping over the free throw line, invalidating his shot. He missed anyway, but I've never seen this happen before. Ever.

You should notice something else, too. Someone asks a stupid (and probably unserious) question and he gets three pages of posts in reaction.

You should notice something else, too. Someone asks a stupid (and probably unserious) question and he gets three pages of posts in reaction.

You can't be serious, can you?

The original post and it's follow-ups are pure troll

Stocker you don't have any stock to post on a basketball forum....if I recall you said free throws don't matter in a previous post. I do not think they are the most important thing but they are very important. Look of the percentage of ncaa tournament winners I bet the team with a higher ft % wins in close games(i.e. Kansas vs. Memphis). Basketball just isn't your sport.

I could easily be wrong, but the whole "free throws don't matter" thing is a long-running joke, centered around GopherWarrior and his penchant for....well, being an ass.

I don't think Stocker actually believes that free throws down matter.

I could easily be wrong, but the whole "free throws don't matter" thing is a long-running joke, centered around GopherWarrior and his penchant for....well, being an ass.

I don't think Stocker actually believes that free throws down matter.

My apologies if that is correct.

You know, if some people could just respect the opinions others and have an adult-like conversation without personally attacking each other, this board would be 100 times better.

+1

That won't happen here. I bet not a one of them would be saying this garbage to my face. Still, there are some good posters.

Too funny. And you wouldn't say your crap to King's face.

As many have mentioned, King has his limitations. But IMO there is little doubt he's the best option at the 4. Buggs can't guard anyone. He's rarely in the right position. But he's our second best option and it is what it is.

Maybe you picked the wrong game to post this after.He played solid,hope it continues.

Top Bottom