Why do you think MN SHOULD win the big ten?

MspHawk

Reaction score
Think about it...every university has something they are known for

Indiana..basketball, not football
Northwestern..Academics, and Cinderella’s
Penn State..Football, Volleyball
OSU..Football ++
Ill...Basketball
Iowa..Football and Wrestling
MN.. Hockey and Wrestling and sometimes basketball.....NOT FOOTBALL

Do you realize if you are 40 years old you haven’t been alive since they even won the big ten
Anyone who buys into Brew or Maturi is simply just "wishing them better"

Think about what makes WI and IA football strong....reproducible results. They both make more out of average then they probably should. That's what its about when you’re not Michigan, OSU, or PSU.

The only thing Brew has done is recruiting.....or did he. Not many of them make it to the field. Maybe other coaches passed on those guys because they knew they didn’t fit their programs. It's a joke and everyone knows it.

6 coordinators in 4 years. IA Same crew through thick and thin for a decade down to the strength coach. Brew promised a rose bowl......how about just win the pre-big ten games first. It isn’t happening. IA and WI want Brewster to stay right where he is at because with him at the helm nothing and I mean nothing is going to change.....Smoke and Mirror my friends.

Stick with the facts....MN football is about what IA basketball is.......nothing to write home about

I am sure many will light up this post with where I live and that mn has many more options to choose from....you’re right, absolutely right. MN is great, I think it's probably the best state in the nation to grow up in, live in, work in, everything. So while there is much to be proud of in MN and yes more then in IA. College Football just isn’t one of them and probably wont be for a very long while. Just think about it. Heck I want Brewster to keep his job, just makes it that much easier for the Hawks to smash em.....Bring on the online assault!

I hope people don't take the bait on this.

There's no reason that past failures have to doom a program to future mediocrity. It's a question of investment, commitment and personnel. The latter is not currently in place it seems that that's about it.

won't happen

Gophs will NEVER win a football B10 title again.

So what's the point of your post? Get used to being terrible? Or fire Brewster?

So what's the point of your post? Get used to being terrible? Or fire Brewster?
I think the point is "please get really angry gopher fans and give me a moment of fleeting satisfaction in my empty life"

Sort of just wondering why you took time out of your day to write this.

Anytime the gophers are playing I root for them like many hawk fans except when theyre playing IOWA. Cant wait to see them break in Kinnick North, tickets should be free by then.

Iowa and their zero national titles are known for football?

You are living through the greatest period in the history of Iowa football enjoy it, revel in it. Then travel to California or New York and explain the difference between Idaho and Iowa.

I think the point is "please get really angry gopher fans and give me a moment of fleeting satisfaction in my empty life"

Unfortunately for him, I used all of my angry at TCF Bank Stadium today. There will be no more angry until next week, .

This is a great post, I laughed pretty hard. Good take, not the case but plausable and funny.

Iowa and their zero national titles are known for football?

You are living through the greatest period in the history of Iowa football enjoy it, revel in it. Then travel to California or New York and explain the difference between Idaho and Iowa.

Again, another great post, probably the funniest and true, yes.

The arrogance of this board is hilarious. Everyone has all the answers. There is ALWAYS more to the story and there are ALWAYS two sides. Many people here just choose to skip that part. Perhaps it would then be ignorance

OSU..Football ++
Ill...Basketball

Do you realize if you are 40 years old you haven’t been alive since they even won the big ten

Think about what makes WI and IA football strong....reproducible results. They both make more out of average then they probably should. That's what its about when you’re not Michigan, OSU, or PSU.

The only thing Brew has done is recruiting.....or did he. Not many of them make it to the field. Maybe other coaches passed on those guys because they knew they didn’t fit their programs. It's a joke and everyone knows it.

6 coordinators in 4 years. IA Same crew through thick and thin for a decade down to the strength coach. Brew promised a rose bowl......how about just win the pre-big ten games first. It isn’t happening. IA and WI want Brewster to stay right where he is at because with him at the helm nothing and I mean nothing is going to change.....Smoke and Mirror my friends.

Stick with the facts....MN football is about what IA basketball is.......nothing to write home about

I am sure many will light up this post with where I live and that mn has many more options to choose from....you’re right, absolutely right. MN is great, I think it's probably the best state in the nation to grow up in, live in, work in, everything. So while there is much to be proud of in MN and yes more then in IA. College Football just isn’t one of them and probably wont be for a very long while. Just think about it. Heck I want Brewster to keep his job, just makes it that much easier for the Hawks to smash em.....Bring on the online assault!

wisc has a good hockey, basketball, and football program, and we will one day have one too. Also OSU is really good at basketball too. Your post makes no sense and proves you don't know much about the big ten.

OSU..Football ++
Ill...Basketball

This post is pointless and unnecessary. It doesn't need an online assault--it pretty much speaks for itself. :banghead:

Hey MpsHawk, glad to have you on the board. Your post was great, it's easy to read and it's so telling of your vast knowledge of Big Ten athletics.

I wouldn't be so hard on Iowa though, it's honestly not that bad down there. There's a lot more to offer than just college football. Did you know they filmed Field of Dreams down there? Bridges of Madison County? Some great films to be certain. I believe there's a indoor rain forest being built in Des Moines too, that should be neat! Once again, thanks for your post and have a great day!

Hey MplsHawk, glad to have you on the board. Your post was great, it's easy to read and it's so telling of your vast knowledge of Big Ten athletics.

I wouldn't be so hard on Iowa though, it's honestly not that bad down there. There's a lot more to offer than just college football. Did you know they filmed Field of Dreams down there? Bridges of Madison County? Some great films to be certain. I believe there's a indoor rain forest being built in Des Moines too, that should be neat! Once again, thanks for your post and have a great day!

Were you replying to MpsHawk, or to me (MplsHawk)? Unfortunately, our usernames are very similar, but I don't think that our intentions on the gopherhole are similar at all.

Were you replying to MpsHawk, or to me (MplsHawk)? Unfortunately, our usernames are very similar, but I don't think that our intentions on the gopherhole are similar at all.

I must say that when I first read the post I thought it was you, which surprised me because its tone was very different from what you usually post.

Anytime the gophers are playing I root for them like many hawk fans except when theyre playing IOWA. Cant wait to see them break in Kinnick North, tickets should be free by then.

Um, ok, nice try. Don't know a single iowa fan that roots for the gophers ever.

Unfortunately for him, I used all of my angry at TCF Bank Stadium today. There will be no more angry until next week, .

Haha!!! Me too man. I don't think any of us have much angry left after this Saturday.. lol

Perspective is slowly returning. Don't much like the look of that either, but at least it's easier than the anger and dissapointment yesterday.

Fixed it, thanks. It threw me off.

It's not true that we've been horrible.

We been just good enough to disappoint.

Um, ok, nice try. Don't know a single iowa fan that roots for the gophers ever.

Well I could argue my case in that regard all day long and you would never believe me anyway, but regardless of whether you think I would ever cheer for the Gophers, hopefully you will agree that I don't conduct myself on this board in the same manner as this new MpsHawk poster. Hopefully.

Top Bottom