Why can't this team ever be complete?

Reaction score
Seriously there is always some issue or injury that always plagues this team. Whether it's last year with White and Mbakwe and Nolen not studying enough or this year with the whole Joseph nightmare and Mo going down. There is always some dark cloud that follows this team around. Obviously injuries hit every team, but the gophers always seem snake bitten.

There's clearly a curse of Jan Gangelhoff and it's as powerful as The Billy Goat or Bartman.

There's clearly a curse of Jan Gangelhoff and it's as powerful as The Billy Goat or Bartman.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

This is just down right ridiculous to have to deal with this kind of garbage year in and year out, I'm beyond tired of it. Devoe is/was one of my favorite players on this team, while his defense is mediocre at best, he is our biggest scoring threat when he's playing well as we all saw last season. The best of Devoe was still to come this season, from a basketball standpoint that is. It's unfortunate that all signs are pointing to us not having that opportunity this season.

There was a curse before Jan Gangelhoff. Madison, Mychal Thompson's tickets, Lansberger, Luke Witte, Mussleman's violations, Hudson's broken hand, etc. Unfortunately, I've experienced them all. Sad to say, for us veterans this is a minor blip. So far we're not going on probation, not having an entire season erased, or made the cover of SI for the wrong reasons. There seems to be as much frustration as satisfaction in being a Gopher fan.

This is par for the course in most big-time college basketball programs. It's maddening, but the way of the world these days.

I think it's some bad luck and some issues that could have been avoided. Tubby has brought in/stood by some recruits/players that other coaches shied away from recruiting or would have cut ties with much sooner than what he has. The bad luck is unavoidable and happens to all programs. The avoidable stuff is what Tubby needs to stay away from if he wants more stability.

There was a curse before Jan Gangelhoff. Madison, Mychal Thompson's tickets, Lansberger, Luke Witte, Mussleman's violations, Hudson's broken hand, etc. Unfortunately, I've experienced them all. Sad to say, for us veterans this is a minor blip. So far we're not going on probation, not having an entire season erased, or made the cover of SI for the wrong reasons. There seems to be as much frustration as satisfaction in being a Gopher fan.

I'm aware but the Cubs have more then one curse too. The current curse is the curse of Jan Gangelhoff. :(

I think it's some bad luck and some issues that could have been avoided. Tubby has brought in/stood by some recruits/players that other coaches shied away from recruiting or would have cut ties with much sooner than what he has. The bad luck is unavoidable and happens to all programs. The avoidable stuff is what Tubby needs to stay away from if he wants more stability.

I think the current freshman and Andre and Joe show a shift in thought process on who we are recruiting. I pray we have far fewer of these things in the future.

If Tubby doesnt recruit someone like Royce White and he becomes an all american than the uproar would never stop. As the program gets more stable with solid recruiting and a more established program I can see tubby not taking a flier on the guys with questionable attitudes.

Top Bottom