Why can't the media call our RBs by their correct name?

jonnyganas

Reaction score
I'm reading the Strib columns about the victory over CSU, and yet again I see Sid incorrectly name our RB.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-got-going-after-bad-first-half/327153651/

Let's play a game. Find the errors in this sentence:

"It was a different story in the second half, and the result was that freshman Robert Smith ran a total of 21 times for 111 yards"

First of all, he is not a freshman, he's a RS freshman.
Second, Robert Smith is the lead singer for The Cure. Rodney Smith is the elusive name you were searching for.
Third, Smith ran for 108 yds, not 111.

Now I know Sid is ancient and GH likes to tear into him, but he is far from the only offender. Many of our media (heck, even our own coaching staff) refers to Rodney Smith and Roderick Williams by incorrect names. Print media, please double check your spelling, unless we want to put goth-rockers in the backfield.

I was thinking of Robert Smith the former Buckeye and Viking.

I'm reading the Strib columns about the victory over CSU, and yet again I see Sid incorrectly name our RB.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-got-going-after-bad-first-half/327153651/

Let's play a game. Find the errors in this sentence:

"It was a different story in the second half, and the result was that freshman Robert Smith ran a total of 21 times for 111 yards"

First of all, he is not a freshman, he's a RS freshman.
Second, Robert Smith is the lead singer for The Cure. Rodney Smith is the elusive name you were searching for.
Third, Smith ran for 108 yds, not 111.

Now I know Sid is ancient and GH likes to tear into him, but he is far from the only offender. Many of our media (heck, even our own coaching staff) refers to Rodney Smith and Roderick Williams by incorrect names. Print media, please double check your spelling, unless we want to put goth-rockers in the backfield.

Dude..you obviously never watched "The Sports Show" (aka the best half hour in comedy)because Sid gets everyone's name wrong. I wish the Vikings still had Shiancoe so I could hear him try to pronounce it every Sunday.

Dude..you obviously never watched "The Sports Show" (aka the best half hour in comedy)because Sid gets everyone's name wrong. I wish the Vikings still had Shiancoe so I couldsee his baby arm flop out the bottom of the towel again.

FIFY

Another article I read called Streveler, Zo Craighton, probably due to the number change.

Top Bottom