Why Can't the Gophers win Fifteen games in 2011?

highwayman

Knows Less Than Coaching Staff
Reaction score
Because it's impossible.

that and we have NDSU on our schedule.

cue lakesbison.

Its easily a 3 pager...

They may say I'm a dreamer....but I'm not the only one

Including Bonus Points

On the field wins counting as one and the axe, floyd, and jug count as an extra two wins a piece I think fifteen could be a nice number

Actually wouldn't it be possible to play 15 games. We would have to schedule a game at Hawaii, in which case the NCAA allows a 13th game to be played. Then we'd have to win #14 in the B1G championship game before winning the BCS title.

So the only reason I can come up with why we won't win 15 games is that we don't play at Hawaii.

Because they don't play 60 games. Oh wait that was 2010, nevermind :)

I see 15. 2011 spring game (automatic, right?), 12-0 in reg season, win bt championship game, win national championship game that in a stunning turn of events will be held on new year's eve. 15-0, baby.

Because the world is gonna end before the bowl game?

Better?

Well that's just absurd. Everyone knows the world is going to end December 21, 2012. Do you not know anything about the Mayans or Nostradamus?

It all comes down to "if the cupboard is bare", "if Patterson/Frye has ever won 15 before", and "coaching 'em up". I'm not sure if we can win 15 but I do know Brewster was better than Mason!

It all comes down to "if the cupboard is bare", "if Patterson/Frye has ever won 15 before", and "coaching 'em up". I'm not sure if we can win 15 but I do know Brewster was better than Mason!

I have heard that Glen Mason is the best coach we have had since Cal Stoll.

I am trying to be optimistic here and try to see 15 wins on the schedule but I just don't see enough 5 star recruits on our roster to make it happen. Which brings me to my next point....do the rankings matter?

They are the most important thing in the world and about 10 times more important than Big 10 wins.

This is possible! We just have to win the games within the games. We could have endless victories. Pump the positivity.

I think Bucky, the Pigeyes and scUM could as 5 games a piece. I'll take a 15-9 record.

It's not impossible. We could play unsanctioned games without NCAA permission. That would show them! After a game at TCF, we could go across the street to Augsburg and play them. Or we could say "who needs a bye week?" and play whatever NFL team has that weekend off.

Somebody changed our Wikipedia page already. Next to where it says Dan Mullen is our Head Coach it says "Only team to go 15-0"

Actually wouldn't it be possible to play 15 games. We would have to schedule a game at Hawaii, in which case the NCAA allows a 13th game to be played. Then we'd have to win #14 in the B1G championship game before winning the BCS title.

So the only reason I can come up with why we won't win 15 games is that we don't play at Hawaii.

That's ridiculous. Everyone knows the next championship game is in 2012, not 2011.

Btw this is my favorite offseason thread yet. Kudos.

It's not impossible. We could play unsanctioned games without NCAA permission. That would show them! After a game at TCF, we could go across the street to Augsburg and play them. Or we could say "who needs a bye week?" and play whatever NFL team has that weekend off.

Don't the Vikings play 8 games or so at TCF next year? One of those has to be against the Gophers, right? That is a for sure W.

Top Bottom