Why Bellotti won't be hired

minngg

Banned
Reaction score
Bellotti would be a great hire for MN. Next to Leach the best hire IMO. For those realistically available. The problem is Bellotti has been an AD. He would want a lot of control. Maturi would feel threatened by Bellotti. It would take guts for Joel to hire him. Therefore, I doubt he will do it.

Or this:

Former Oregon coach Mike Bellotti said Sunday he is removing himself from consideration for the Colorado football job and likely from coaching in 2011.
Bellotti visited Boulder to meet with CU officials but decided not to return to coaching after a two-year absence.
"At this point, the timing wasn't right for me," Bellotti said. "And I'm not sure it's the best fit. It's a combination of all that. Colorado is a great job for anybody, and I didn't want to stand in the way of focusing on somebody else."
Bellotti is an ESPN college football analyst and has a son who is a high school football player. Bellotti said that a return in 2012, after his son graduates, is more realistic.

Read more: Bellotti withdraws name from search for CU football coach - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_16674053#ixzz162aZWGxP

Bellotti would be a great hire for MN. Next to Leach the best hire IMO. For those realistically available. The problem is Bellotti has been an AD. He would want a lot of control. Maturi would feel threatened by Bellotti. It would take guts for Joel to hire him. Therefore, I doubt he will do it.

I thought it would be because he doesn't want to come here.

Since Maturi knows he will be done a long time before the new football coach, power struggles will not be an issue.

And actually maybe he'd love the opportunity to be Head Football Coach and AD, or AD in waiting....

Except for the fact that he hated being AD at Oregon?
Not exactly.

Talking to a few people who know about what went down at Oregon, Bellotti was forced to resign because there was a split in the lockerroom over who they should listen to, Bellotti or Kelly. Kelly's a strong personality and had already been named Bellotti's successor anyways. He stepped away instead of having it carry over into the season and they gave him a title job as Athletic Director but he had 0 power.

Hes a good coach, and a smart guy. I wouldn't be against him having an AD role a la Fat Barry.

Not exactly.

Talking to a few people who know about what went down at Oregon, Bellotti was forced to resign because there was a split in the lockerroom over who they should listen to, Bellotti or Kelly. Kelly's a strong personality and had already been named Bellotti's successor anyways. He stepped away instead of having it carry over into the season and they gave him a title job as Athletic Director but he had 0 power.

Hes a good coach, and a smart guy. I wouldn't be against him having an AD role a la Fat Barry.

All of those things have spread here in Eugene as rumor as well...none of that is true however.

Ridiculous. You don't think Tubby wants a lot of control?

Top Bottom