Why Aren't We Talking More About RSIII?

akgopher

Reaction score
Royce in trouble, Rodney's dunks, and Devoe's little brother are getting too much ink considering what Sampson III has shown this year. RSIII looks bigger, stronger, and more mature on the court. I really like the addition of his turn-around jumper in the post.

I'm making the call..... He's my pick for the breakout player this year. I can see 10-14 pts and 6-8 rebs a game this season. Could go a long ways to neutralizing the absences of White and Mbwake.

I'm waiting to see how he does against someone who's actually close to his height and halfway decent. He does look improved though.

I agree...

I liked Ralph last year and I am expecting to like him even more this year. Seems like a good solid young man and just for kicks, he can shoot his free throws.

I hope he DOES have a breakout season. Both he and Colt stepping up can make a huge difference to this team.

I also hope the Gopher 3-point shooters look inside a little more before firing.

Best of luck Ralph AND Colt..

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Royce in trouble, Rodney's dunks, and Devoe's little brother are getting too much ink considering what Sampson III has shown this year. RSIII looks bigger, stronger, and more mature on the court. I really like the addition of his turn-around jumper in the post.

I'm making the call..... He's my pick for the breakout player this year. I can see 10-14 pts and 6-8 rebs a game this season. Could go a long ways to neutralizing the absences of White and Mbwake.

14 pts and 8 rpg would make RSIII a first-team all-conference performer. I agree, he is bigger and a better so far, but I don't think he's going to make that big of a jump in numbers. Think about it, no one in Tubby's ball-sharing offense is going to average more than 11-13 ppg, especially a guy like RSIII who shares time with Iverson. Remember, it's early too. I would be happy to see RSIII average 8 ppg and 5 rpg.

14 pts and 8 rpg would make RSIII a first-team all-conference performer. I agree, he is bigger and a better so far, but I don't think he's going to make that big of a jump in numbers. Think about it, no one in Tubby's ball-sharing offense is going to average more than 11-13 ppg, especially a guy like RSIII who shares time with Iverson. Remember, it's early too. I would be happy to see RSIII average 8 ppg and 5 rpg.

I would be very happy with those numbers as well. We already know that we're going to be balanced on offense. That's just the way Tubby's offense works. But if Ralph can establish himself as at least a dependable offensive force on the inside, it's going to help our guards out a whole lot.

I really like the addition of his turn-around jumper in the post.

Ralph has a turn around jumper??? Is it half way decent looking? I missed last game so haven't seen him ever do this.

Ralph does look much more confident. Colton does, too. The "5" should come though with a triple -double every game ( points, rebounds, blocks) and be a passing "hub" and they will be carrying "their" weight.

Turn around jumper?

I agree RSIII looks bigger, stronger, and more confident. But if Ralph continues to shoot fadeaways against 6'8" post players he wont impress too many people. I wish he would go up strong and get to the line.

Agreed on the fadeaways. I'll be more impressed when Ralph develops a drop step. Which is really the easiest post move there is but I have yet to see him do it. He should not be fading away from guys 6'8" and under, ever.

Top Bottom