Why aren't more Gopher fans voting on this ESPN.com poll?

I voted, MN only has 77 votes, come on we all can do better than that. At least beat Wisky.

Because most ESPN people do not know that Minnesota is one of the lower 48.

Because no one knows it's going on?

+1

It's a hunch, but I'm guessing there are more Penn State fans than Gopher fans that are in some way affiliated with ESPN. It's probably a good gauge of who works there, subsequent friends and lines of communication, and fan motivation. (wow I hate my own comment already, bah, I'll keep it)

+1

It's a hunch, but I'm guessing there are more Penn State fans than Gopher fans that are in some way affiliated with ESPN. It's probably a good gauge of who works there, subsequent friends and lines of communication, and fan motivation. (wow I hate my own comment already, bah, I'll keep it)

To the point of no one knowing about it...it looks like Penn State has posted the information about the contest on its main Athletics website. I'm sure that doesn't hurt, especially with football camp in full swing.

It is worth noting that you don't have to register with ESPN to vote, you just have to register to be eligible for the online gift card prizes.

the oregon ducks only have 6 more votes than minnesota at this point. and they are a team that has been in the media spotlight non stop over the past few years. if they are only 6 votes ahead of us at this point do you know what that tells me? this poll appears to be pretty irrelevant unless a school goes out and actively advertises it to its fans to get them to vote.

the oregon ducks only have 6 more votes than minnesota at this point. and they are a team that has been in the media spotlight non stop over the past few years. if they are only 6 votes ahead of us at this point do you know what that tells me? this poll appears to be pretty irrelevant unless a school goes out and actively advertises it to its fans to get them to vote.

I think you will see ESPN pushing this in a broad way quite a bit on its site between now and August 31st. No sense in in trying to promote something head to head with the noise of the Olympics the last few weeks.

FYI...you can vote multiple times per day. It says to come back tomorrow and vote, but I voted a couple of times and the standings updated each time.

I think you will see ESPN pushing this in a broad way quite a bit on its site between now and August 31st. No sense in in trying to promote something head to head with the noise of the Olympics the last few weeks.

BTW, how is your internship at ESPN going?

This is one of those polls where you want to be at the bottom.....It shows which fans actually have a life. Gopher fans are passing with flying colors!!

Lost interest in two years ago. ESPN is now tabloid coverage covering their financial interests, kind of like a commercial. I hope the new NBC Sports Channel puts some heat on the network.

College Game Day, is really good though. Hoops coverage sucks.

I've been voting on this multiple times per day. I have relatives & friends in the Minnesota region who are big Gopher supporters, so I was shocked to see Minnesota tied for last in the Big Ten!

http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/contests/clc/2012/

by the way. one does not have to either register or be registered with espn.com to vote in this poll. someone incorrectly stated earlier in this thread that was the case. not so.

so get on there and vote for our gophers.

p.s. you can vote as many times as you want. no limit.

Is this how low your self esteem has gotten? Who gives a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# about some stupid ESPN poll???

Sees a streak flying over his head...wonders what it could be?

It was a higher probability of a poster being uninformed so i kindly clarified, but i guess you were able resist doing the same? Stay classy.

Might be time to update that.:rolleyes:

Sure thing --> NDSU and UND are different schools. Not going to bother looking up what i take is a new school name because it's been that long since i cared about said school. Thanks for focusing on the main point though. :rolleyes:

It was a higher probability of a poster being uninformed so i kindly clarified, but i guess you were able resist doing the same? Stay classy.

Thanks but gopherguy was right. I was trolling the NDSU fan.

Top Bottom