Why a person has to be careful with the media...

akgo4

Reaction score
We had the most fans we have had at a bowl game in 50 years. We played our butts off in the regular season. We have coaching that are developing NFL ready players. We have a President who put forth a video interview in which he talked about speaking to the donors while he was in Orlando, etc.....

DO NOT give the people that supported you any thought that you went in conservative. We have seen that most of the year. Thats fine. We can pick that up from watching the game. Also fine. Don't give off that impression through half-time interviews. Trust in your players !!! We know you fought your butts off against Nebraska and others, but the interview put it back on the players to do so and then we called a game where we didn't give them a chance to do so. Disappointing. I hope we showed enough through our turnout to get us back to Jan. 1st once again when we spent so many years getting passed over. Have to play to win. I don't think we gave the supporters that today from the sidelines. We certainly didn't vocalize that at times. The kids couldn't bring us back on their own - they needed help. They didn't get it.

I cannot say anything to refute this. I think if it were overheard - the onside kick makes perfect sense. with the front line weighted to the one side slide a second row guy to play centerfield in no-mansland. Run a play at the half. Mitch could not be the only player who wanted to go hard in to the half.

They're going to have a tough time selling those newly priced tickets after today.

Are you kidding me. I will be in those seats for every game

Agreed. The coaching staff got their BUTTS handed to them by the Mizzou staff today, and it sucked the life right out of us in the stands to have 2 timeouts remaining & decent field position, only to run out the clock. Geez, we wasted time in that whole sequence. Then they punked us with the onside, & their went our only plausible rationale for running out the 1st half ("we get the ball to open the 2nd"). Ugh. Just disgusted with the coaches today. They had better pick it up the next time they get in this position.

I think the attitude about pressing at the end of a first half went conservative ever since that pick six by NDSU at the end of the first half early in Kill's Gopher tenure. It has been ultra conservative ever since.

I hope we showed enough through our turnout to get us back to Jan. 1st once again when we spent so many years getting passed over. Have to play to win. I don't think we gave the supporters that today from the sidelines. We certainly didn't vocalize that at times. The kids couldn't bring us back on their own - they needed help. They didn't get it.

Agreed - very well expressed. Minnesota was a sentimental choice this year and got the benefit of the doubt in the bowl assignment but failed to take advantage of the opportunity. I'll give lots of credit to Missouri for that, but this was a game the Gophers could have won. The Gophers won't be a sentimental choice next year and are unlikely to end up playing on New Years eve or day next year unless they win 10 games.

Top Bottom