Whose worse, Illinois or Purdue?

They will be back. the guy at Illinois is a jerk, but he can coach. I think the Purdue head coach will good, but he is about where we were three years ago, actually maybe not as bad as far as completely empty cupboards, but probably not far away. Purdue is a lot clsoer to Ohio, Pa, and Michigan where there are a lot more players than there are in MN, Wisky and Iowa.

There are also a lot more D-I programs to compete with for recruits. Campuses within roughly 4 hours of West Lafayette:

Indiana
Notre Dame
Northwestern
Illinois
Michigan
Michigan State
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Cincinnati
Louisville
Kentucky
Basically the entire MAC

Purdue can't compete with Notre Dame for in-state kids and having Bloomington, Champaign, and Evanston within 2-3 hours doesn't help.

They will be back. the guy at Illinois is a jerk, but he can coach. I think the Purdue head coach will good, but he is about where we were three years ago, actually maybe not as bad as far as completely empty cupboards, but probably not far away. Purdue is a lot clsoer to Ohio, Pa, and Michigan where there are a lot more players than there are in MN, Wisky and Iowa.

Just piping in - those areas do have more players; but far more D-1A schools, as well, to disperse them. I really think that the U of Minnesota doesn't do as well as it should, considering its geographical dominance over a large population/region.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/purdue/football/recruiting/player-Drue-Tranquill-147740

This kid is a poster child of the uphill battle Purdue has in recruiting local talent. He held a press conference that was televised live on a Fort Wayne TV station announcing his decision to attend Purdue. A couple of weeks later Notre Dame calls and offers him a scholly and now he's a soft verbal. Notre Dame never contacted him prior to committing to Purdue and all signs are now pointing to him switching to the Irish.

Top Bottom