Whose worse, Illinois or Purdue?

Reaction score
I honestly believe we would 4 touchdown either one of them. I also think NDSU would beat both of them. The Skunks might get 60 on Illinois. To bad we didn't both this year like last.

I honestly believe we would 4 touchdown either one of them. I also think NDSU would beat both of them. The Skunks might get 60 on Illinois. To bad we didn't both this year like last.

Wow, the Gophers win one B1G game and our fanbase starts dissing other B1G teams. I hope this is a joke post.

Wow, the Gophers win one B1G game and our fanbase starts dissing other B1G teams. I hope this is a joke post.

:rolleyes:

You're just as bad as some of the media. One person means "fanbase" all of a sudden?

Have you watched either team this year? I have. Again, we would 4,touchdown both of them.

The grammar police have a nice training tutorial with your post ruppie.

Let's look at this from the other end:

If we played Alabama and were spotted a 50 point lead, do you think we would win?

Purdue has issues but the Gophers are not THAT much better than the Boilers. Purdue's schedule thus far has been brutal and the Gophers would also be 1-6 if they had to play Purdue's schedule. Purdue would be 4-3 if they played the Gopher's schedule.

Nice W today for Minnesota. Perfect storm for them with Colter and Mark out and NU struggling to beat anyone. The Cats have gone from preseason dark horses in the Legends to likely 1-7 or even 0-8 if they don't get healthy. Go figure.

Don't care. We will have our own problems with our so called penciled in win against Indiana which has proven they can score points in bunches. One more win will still be no easy task for this team. I'm hoping for 7 wins and praying for 6 before this season is over.

The transitive property of college football says that Illinois beat Cincinnati 45-17. Cincinnati beat Purdue 42-7. Therefore, Illinois should beat Purdue by 65 points.

Claeys has more Big Ten wins than Tim Beckman and Darrell Hazell, combined.

Let's look at this from the other end:

If we played Alabama and were spotted a 50 point lead, do you think we would win?

Nope. If we played Oregon or Baylor and started with a 50 point lead, we might even lose by 50.

The transitive property of college football says that Illinois beat Cincinnati 45-17. Cincinnati beat Purdue 42-7. Therefore, Illinois should beat Purdue by 65 points.

Thanks for your post. It is amazing how many people use this logic in evaluating the potential score of an upcoming game.

Thanks for your post. It is amazing how many people use this logic in evaluating the potential score of an upcoming game.

The Gophers' student season ticket flyer that I received in ~1994 applied the transitive property, paraphrasing, that since the Gophers beat Wisconsin, who beat X, who beat Y, who beat the National Champ, then the 4-7 Gophers were effectively the National Champs. It was pretty awesome.

The Gophers' student season ticket flyer that I received in ~1994 applied the transitive property, paraphrasing, that since the Gophers beat Wisconsin, who beat X, who beat Y, who beat the National Champ, then the 4-7 Gophers were effectively the National Champs. It was pretty awesome.

Great story! That says all you need to know about the Transitive Property.

Great story! That says all you need to know about the Transitive Property.

Killjoy, the True Transitive Property goes like this:

Cold Beer > Warm Beer. Warm Beer > No Beer. No Beer = Bummer.

They will be back. the guy at Illinois is a jerk, but he can coach. I think the Purdue head coach will good, but he is about where we were three years ago, actually maybe not as bad as far as completely empty cupboards, but probably not far away. Purdue is a lot clsoer to Ohio, Pa, and Michigan where there are a lot more players than there are in MN, Wisky and Iowa.

Pretty sure it was health related. He wanted to live long enough to spend time with his daughters.

Originally Published: December 8, 2010

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- It didn't look or sound like I was watching someone's retirement news conference Wednesday night.

Urban Meyer, 46, walked to a dais inside Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, made a very brief statement that he intended to step down as Florida's football coach to spend more time with his family and then took questions from reporters.

Outside the stadium affectionately known as The Swamp, Florida students went about their normal business, seemingly unaware that the coach who led them to two BCS national championships in six seasons was leaving the program for good.

It was almost as if everyone in the Gator Nation knew this day was coming, sooner rather than later.

"I wasn't shocked at all," said former Florida quarterback Shane Matthews, who still lives in Gainesville. "I think a lot of people could tell it was coming. I think what happened last year with his health situation scared him a lot."

A year ago, Meyer quit as Florida's coach only weeks after he was taken to a local hospital with chest pains. Meyer was hospitalized the night of the 2009 SEC championship game, in which the Gators were beaten badly by Alabama.

But Meyer changed his mind about retirement the next day, before the Gators flew to New Orleans to play Cincinnati in the Sugar Bowl. Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley and university president J. Bernard Machen persuaded Meyer to take a short leave of absence in the spring, but Meyer was back coaching the Gators during spring practice and never really left during his leave of absence.

Forced to pick one, I'd say Purdue is worse. The Illinois coach (Beckman) is a clown, but the Illini have a chance to upset a decent team because they have the ability to score points (see the Wiscy game). I won't be surprised if Illinois gives MSU a scare on Saturday. Dangerous game for Sparty if they get caught looking ahead to Michigan the following week.

Purdue just struggles so much offensively.

Top Bottom