Who's your All-Big Ten with 2 weeks to go?

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Who's your 1st team All-Big Ten squad? We'll make it 6 players, You get a Player of the Year + 5 other guys. 6 best players, doesn't have to be by position. I struggled with spots 4 & 5.

Player of the Year
Frank the Tank, Wisconsin

All-Big Ten (in order)
1. D'Angelo Russell, Fr., Ohio State
2. Yogi Ferrell, Jr., Indiana
3. Branden Dawson, Sr., Michigan State
4. D.J. Newbill, Sr., Penn State
5. Melo Trimble, Fr., Maryland

Player of the Year

All-Big Ten (in order)
1. D'Angelo Russell Ohio State
2. Melo Trimble Maryland
3. Troy Williams Indiana
4. Nigel Hayes Wisconsin
5. Jared Uthoff Iowa

Who's your 1st team All-Big Ten squad? We'll make it 6 players, You get a Player of the Year + 5 other guys. 6 best players, doesn't have to be by position. I struggled with spots 4 & 5.

Player of the Year

All-Big Ten (in order)
1. D'Angelo Russell, Fr., Ohio State
2. Yogi Ferrell, Jr., Indiana
3. Branden Dawson, Sr., Michigan State
4. D.J. Newbill, Sr., Penn State
5. Melo Trimble, Fr., Maryland

Your list looks pretty good although it's a bit guard intensive. Here are some possibilities for the second team:

Aaron White, Iowa
Troy Williams, Indiana
Sam Dekker, Wisconsin
Rayvonte Rice, Illinois
Jake Layman, Maryland
Malcolm Hill, Illinois

That one's a bit forward intensive.

Your Player of the Year should be in your All-Big Ten list.

I'd also note that Rayvonte Rice will end up playing in 8 out of his team's 18 Big Ten games. He likely won't be HM, let alone 2nd team.

The intent of this isn't about right & wrong. Just curious who other people think the Big Ten's best players are. In this case asking for their top 6 players instead of the usual 5, giving folks a little extra leeway for their selections. Relax there, guy.

Player of the Year
Frank Kaminsky-Wisconsin

All-Big Ten (in order)
1.D'Angelo Russel Ohio State
2.Branden Dawson Michigan State
3.Yogi Ferrell Indiana
4.Melo Trimble Maryland
5.AJ Hammons Purdue

Player of the Year
Frank Kaminsky-Wisconsin

All-Big Ten (in order)
1.D'Angelo Russel Ohio State
2.Branden Dawson Michigan State
3.Yogi Ferrell Indiana
4.Melo Trimble Maryland
5.AJ Hammons Purdue

Whoops! Forgot about AJ Hammons. Big omission.

Your Player of the Year should be in your All-Big Ten list.

I'd also note that Rayvonte Rice will end up playing in 8 out of his team's 18 Big Ten games. He likely won't be HM, let alone 2nd team.

I think he will be on one of those lists. Statistically he was having one of the best seasons in the Big Ten before he went down. Evan Turner missed part of his final season and was still voted player of the year.

POY-Kaminsky

1. Russel
2. Ferrell
3. Dawson
4. Hammons
5. Dekker

I think he will be on one of those lists. Statistically he was having one of the best seasons in the Big Ten before he went down. Evan Turner missed part of his final season and was still voted player of the year.

Evan Turner missed one Big Ten game. I had Illinois' games wrong before, but Rice missed 9. That's a huge difference. Evan Turner also averaged 20/9/6/1/2 whereas Rice is averaging 16/6/2/2/0 (pts, rebs, assists, steals, blocks) I know Turner was POY vs just 2nd team, but I just don't think you can get it after missing 9 games, several to suspension.

Top Bottom