Who's For the Hawks?

I hate Iowa more than the Badgers.

I actually am going to that game this weekend. I had to be in Iowa City for a family thing on sunday and I was able to score tickets. It's going to feel weird being at an Iowa - Wisconsin game. On the plus side, one of them has to lose. I won't step foot into Kinnick or Camp Randall without Gopher gear on, so I imagine i'll be hearing it from both sides.

You are my hero.

If I wasn't going to the game at TCF this weekend, I'd join you.

I would much rather have Iowa win the Big Ten than Wisconsin, OSU, or Michigan.

Since Iowa still needs to come here I want Iowa to lose as I want their bowl hopes to be less of a factor when Gopher fans sell off their tickets to Iowa fans. Nov 27th is going to suck when their fans take over TCF. We do not want Iowa to be the first fans to storm the field at TCF, hell Gopher fans haven't even been able to do that yet.

I hate Iowa more than the Badgers.

I actually am going to that game this weekend. I had to be in Iowa City for a family thing on sunday and I was able to score tickets. It's going to feel weird being at an Iowa - Wisconsin game. On the plus side, one of them has to lose. I won't step foot into Kinnick or Camp Randall without Gopher gear on, so I imagine i'll be hearing it from both sides.

I doubt people will say much to you. The Gophers are terrible and I think most people will give you a pass. Hope you enjoy your experience at Kinnick!

I would be very happy with Michigan State winning the Big Ten. I don't want Iowa or Wisconsin to win it, and we obviously have no shot, and I'm sick of Ohio State. Michigan State would be a new power in the conference, something interesting, a team that hasn't been strong for awhile (rather like Minnesota, only not as severe). Also, with Wisconsin beating Ohio State, and Michigan State beating Wisconsin, and Michigan State not having to play Ohio State this year, things are setting up quite well for them. I really hope they win the conference.

As for the Iowa/Wisconsin game, this year, I think I'd say I want Iowa to win. Last year I would have said Wisconsin, just because of how freaking lucky Iowa was, beating MSU on the last play of the game, blocking 2 fieldgoals from Northern Iowa, Stanzi throwing 3 or 4 picks in the 3rd quarter against Indiana, as well as Indiana getting robbed of 14 points by the officials, not to mention beating Minnesota by only 12-0, would have been closer if we could have scored on 1st and goal on the 2 yard line. They just pissed me off last year, and I hate Pantherhawk. But I'm going with Iowa this year.

While Iowa did catch their fair share of break last season, the previous 3 seasons Iowa had not caught breaks in close games. How was winning on the last play of the game luck at MSU? Iowa drove right down the field and executed to win the game, not lucky. The Northern Iowa game was a lucky game for Iowa, we had to make history to when that game. The Indiana game was brutal from an offensive standpoint but we absolutely crushed them on both sides of the ball in the 4th quarter. Ricky Stanzi was injured and did not play against Minny, Adam Robinson had 72 yards half way through the 2nd quarter and he went out to an injury. MLB Pat Angerer did not play due to injury and OLB Jeremiah Hunter missed most of the game with injury as well. Wegher was not 100% and OL Dace Richardson was out with injury. The hawks were riddled with injury and Vandenberg made his 2nd true start at QB. A healthy Iowa team, with Stanzi at QB likely beats Minnesota by more than 12.

At least Weber wasn't hurt for that game... oh, wait. Every team has to deal with injuries.

So there is something with which nearly every GH'er agrees on. I've accomplished my objective. Now, for the couple of you who voiced a preference for censorship instead of just having a bit of fun, well, nothing can be done for the hopeless.

I hate Wisconsin And therefore will be rooting for the hawkeyes this weekend.

Top Bottom