Who's For the Hawks?

maxwellsmart

Reaction score
How many will join me in standing behind our neighbors to the south the remainer of this season and into the bowl season? Everyone. . . Let's go Hawkeyes - - - Let's go Hawkeyes - - - Let's go Hawkeyes.

Let's go cornholes

I would rather watch Lois what's her name bagging some random hawks fan in a Metrodome stall, well not really that either than cheer for the Hawkeyes. Only time I cheer for Iowa and Wisconsin is bowl season otherwise they can suck it. Did I say I would rather eat my own sock than cheer for the Hawkeyes.

That sounds too much like making Iowa a surrogate team to root for instead of the Gophers. I have other teams that I have a special interest, such as Bemdji State. But root for a rival? During the Big Ten schedule, I have no reason to root for Iowa any more than for their opponents. Would Iowa fans be rooting for us if the roles were reversed? I don't root either for or against them. If I watch them, I just look for an interesting game, I tend to root for the underdog.

Now, during the Bowl season, I will generally root for Big Ten teams, unless their fans have been really insufferable.

Not ever! HogEyes suck! I hope they lose their remaining games.

futuramafrylookingsquina.jpg

Beat Iowa

I will go to my grave with a "Beat Iowa" button on. I wish any and all to pound them into the ground. Ohio St on the other hand is a worthy representaive of the Big Ten.

This week only

Then hope that OSU can win in Iowa City, or Michigan St. can run the table somehow.

Not a chance. The only thing I like about Iowa are their uniforms. However, I do enjoy watching this year's version of the Hawks play, primarily because I just love killer, bell-ringing defense like that. I'd much rather watch that than some track-meet team like Oregon play. Just a personal preference.

Then hope that OSU can win in Iowa City, or Michigan St. can run the table somehow.

This. I'll be pulling for Iowa this weekend to beat Wisconsin, then hope for better results the rest of the year.

Wisconsin < Iowa < Testicular torsion

The one thing pretty much everyone from MN, NE, WI, IL, SD...and the rest of the other 49 states can celebrate together is a squawkeye loss. ;D

I still dislike Wisconsin more though. Bulimia just takes that dislike to a whole different level. So when it comes to Iowa playing Sconnie, I've gotta go for the Hawks. :pig:

How many will join me in standing behind our neighbors to the south the remainer of this season and into the bowl season? Everyone. . . Let's go Hawkeyes - - - Let's go Hawkeyes - - - Let's go Hawkeyes.

Bring out the BanHammer.....

I'm hoping for a Tornado to hit Kinnick this weekend.

Is that too much?

Who hates iowa? We hate iowa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If there was a way both of the hogeyes and sconnie could lose when they play each other that would be perfect. I hate sconnie more than the pigs but they both stink!

The only time I'll be cheering for IA is against those *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#s to the east

My eye doctor is a Hawkeye. I'm only nice to him if I have an appointment during the football season.

I plan on putting ex-lax in both team's pre-game meal and when they are all running off the field in the middle of the game, I'll run out onto the field with a big "Go Gophers" sign. Will you guys come get me out of jail? $5 should do it, that's like gold down here.

The only time I cheer for Iowa is when they are playing Wisconsin and in a bowl game (but I really hate cheering them during bowl season). Like GophBen said.. Wisconsin < Iowa < Testicular torsion (and I don't even know what that last one is..)

I'll be pulling for Iowa this weekend. That, or a tornado. But that's it.

I'm hoping that MSU runs the table this year, since OSU couldn't get the job done.. I REALLY want a Big Ten team in the National Championship game.

The only time I cheer for Iowa is when they are playing Wisconsin and in a bowl game (but I really hate cheering them during bowl season). Like GophBen said.. Wisconsin<Iowa<Testicular torsion (and I don't even know what that last one is..)

I'll be pulling for Iowa this weekend. That, or a tornado. But that's it.

I'm hoping that MSU runs the table this year, since OSU couldn't get the job done.. I REALLY want a Big Ten team in the National Championship game.

I would be very happy with Michigan State winning the Big Ten. I don't want Iowa or Wisconsin to win it, and we obviously have no shot, and I'm sick of Ohio State. Michigan State would be a new power in the conference, something interesting, a team that hasn't been strong for awhile (rather like Minnesota, only not as severe). Also, with Wisconsin beating Ohio State, and Michigan State beating Wisconsin, and Michigan State not having to play Ohio State this year, things are setting up quite well for them. I really hope they win the conference.

As for the Iowa/Wisconsin game, this year, I think I'd say I want Iowa to win. Last year I would have said Wisconsin, just because of how freaking lucky Iowa was, beating MSU on the last play of the game, blocking 2 fieldgoals from Northern Iowa, Stanzi throwing 3 or 4 picks in the 3rd quarter against Indiana, as well as Indiana getting robbed of 14 points by the officials, not to mention beating Minnesota by only 12-0, would have been closer if we could have scored on 1st and goal on the 2 yard line. They just pissed me off last year, and I hate Pantherhawk. But I'm going with Iowa this year.

I know I am in the minority but I hate Iowa more. I still haven't found an answer for this question:

Why does Iowa exist?

Honestly, I don't have enough free time to bother with hating Iowa.

...now Sconi, on the other hand...

I know I am in the minority but I hate Iowa more. I still haven't found an answer for this question:

Why does Iowa exist?

So I have a place to not only be the coolest person, but also the smartest?

Go. Spartans.
That is all.

I hate Iowa more than the Badgers.

I actually am going to that game this weekend. I had to be in Iowa City for a family thing on sunday and I was able to score tickets. It's going to feel weird being at an Iowa - Wisconsin game. On the plus side, one of them has to lose. I won't step foot into Kinnick or Camp Randall without Gopher gear on, so I imagine i'll be hearing it from both sides.

Top Bottom