Whole Cal Team eating at MOA right now

jjgopher

Reaction score
My sister just called me who is eating lunch at Famous Dave's at the Mall of America right now and said the whole Cal team just showed up and they have a huge buffet set up for them. Here's to the cooks at Famous Dave's to "accidently" undercook the food.

My sister just called me who is eating lunch at Famous Dave's at the Mall of America right now and said the whole Cal team just showed up and they have a huge buffet set up for them. Here's to the cooks at Famous Dave's to "accidently" undercook the food.

i hope someone hired a gophers fan to leave a little "secret sauce" in the BBQ glaze! ;)

This thread has been a little jewel of unexpected humor so far.

Of course we all know that if you want fine cuisine, you really have to go to the food court at a mall.

We should make a friendly gesture, and treat them to a Minnesota delicacy - lutefisk.

i hope someone hired a gophers fan to leave a little "secret sauce" in the BBQ glaze! ;)

Would be a shame if anything happened like the episode of Coach where the team got food poisoning after they recieved free wings before a game in Buffalo. :cool02:

They're probably used to sprouts and yogurt on the Berkely campus. All that meat is bound to slow them down.

Lol...stereotypes are lots of fun, don'tcha know? :cool02: (mmm..some excellent weed in that icon.)

Actually, this week the Cal players are dining on gopher. In Berkeley, sprouts and yogurt are reserved for the homeless and the politically confused.

Would be a shame if anything happened like the episode of Coach where the team got food poisoning after the team recieved free wings before a game in Buffalo. :cool02:

That was a classic! Minnesota St., before there was a Minnesota State!

I really hope they don't get the Tottenham treatment with some dodgy brisket. It'd be a shame to beat them at less than 100%.

Game over. They are going to be exhausted from walking the mall.

If only my wife was there to lead them through the longest day of their life.

Yeah I told her if she sees a player with the #4 on any of his clothes that none of us would be upset if she accidently put a foot out when he walked by

Lol...stereotypes are lots of fun, don'tcha know? :cool02: (mmm..some excellent weed in that icon.)

Actually, this week the Cal players are dining on gopher. In Berkeley, sprouts and yogurt are reserved for the homeless and the politically confused.

Thanks, chitown. That brought memories of the novelty song from my youth, "Greasy, Grimy Gopher Guts".

Actually, Cal does have at least one vegetarian on its roster (Tepper?) so at least we partially fit the stereotype.

We don't have malls in Berkeley so I'm sure the boys are wide-eyed at the GMA. Hope they stay off the roller coasters so they don't lose their lunch later. They need those calories.

[Where's that vomit icon from the Cal board when I need it?]

Thanks, chitown. That brought memories of the novelty song from my youth, "Greasy, Grimy Gopher Guts".

Actually, Cal does have at least one vegetarian on its roster (Tepper?) so we at least we partially fit the stereotype.<<

And so do Minnesotans...they actually do say "don'tcha know."

I had completely forgotten "Great big gobs of greasy, grimy gopher guts..." Good time to revive it!

And next week we dine on duck.

so then the following week will you be eating on some trojans? sorry it was too easy

so then the following week will you be eating on some trojans? sorry it was too easy

I'd do almost anything to beat USC...but perhaps in this case I'll hire a substitute. :pig:

We'll also be eating dog, cougar, wildcat, beaver (yum) and, in the case of UCLA, our own young. However, we shall have to exorcize the devils, and -- especially -- chop down that damned tree.

"""Great green gobs of greasy, grimy gopher guts,

Mutilated monkey meat, Petrified porpuse puss.

Great green gobs of greasy, grimy gopher guts,

And me without my spoon!"""

Actually, Cal does have at least one vegetarian on its roster (Tepper?) so we at least we partially fit the stereotype.<<

I had completely forgotten "Great big gobs of greasy, grimy gopher guts..." Good time to revive it!

and californians actually say: "like, oh my god! like, there is no way i am parking without valet!" ;)

Actually, the reason there are more Hispanics in San Antonio than there are in Dallas/Fort Worth is because the cars break down in SA.

A few years ago my wife got a bad case of food poisoning and it was awful. I know people are joking, but it can be pretty serious. I hope that we beat a healthy Cal team. That said I will be in lot 86 with the fam again and cooking (well done) burgers. Hope to meet everyone.

and californians actually say: "like, oh my god! like, there is no way i am parking without valet!" ;)

True story: back in the '90s, the Von's (big chain typical of megasupermarkets) in La Jolla actually offered valet parking to shoppers. And the local Neiman Marcus allowed rich matrons to walk their Shih-Tzus through the store while spending thousands. They had staff to clean up after.

I have to honestly say that in my 39 years in this state I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've heard a "real person" (i.e. someone not in "Fargo" or some other stereotypical movie, etc.) say "don'tcha know". I'm sure there are people that say it but most are likely over 60 and live in the northern half of the state. In my experience, I've encountered very few younger people in the metro area that have the heavy "Minnesota accent". Slight accent yes, but not the sterotype of the heavy northern Minnesota accent that the media loves to portray in movies and on TV (it just wouldn't be funny if we didn't sound like yokels would it?).

I have to honestly say that in my 39 years in this state I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've heard a "real person" (i.e. someone not in "Fargo" or some other stereotypical movie, etc.) say "don'tcha know". I'm sure there are people that say it but most are likely over 60 and live in the northern half of the state. In my experience, I've encountered very few younger people in the metro area that have the heavy "Minnesota accent". Slight accent yes, but not the sterotype of the heavy northern Minnesota accent that the media loves to portray in movies and on TV (it just wouldn't be funny if we didn't sound like yokels would it?).

My accent gets thick every time I head back to the Range. My wife loves it though, so dat's fine wit me. At least it's easy for other people in the state to tell where I am from!

Wut? Us here MinnuhSOHtins don't got no accent. Sure some of dose folks up in da nordern half of da state, ya know, dey might got a kinda accent but mosta us down here speak pretty normal ya know. Oh yah, dose idiots in da media come up wid all da craziest things. Ya know, dat's a boat all I gotta say a boat dat. Time fer me to go play some hockey.

(Seriously though, try and go up to someone from out of state and use "He went out, and about, in a boat." in sentence. They will have no clue what the heck you are saying.

Top Bottom