Who would you like to win the Superbowl? Who do you think will win however?

#2Gopher

Reaction score
My heart with the Bucs. If Brady and the receivers can eliminate interceptions they will win.

Heart=Tampa Bay
Head=KC

Mahomes is the better QB at this point and I like the D more than the Bucs.

Heart TB, Winner KC.

While I like Mahomes better and believe he is the better QB right now, it would be great to see 43 year old Brady win, retire and, at least for now, be considered the best to ever play

Heart TB, Winner KC.

While I like Mahomes better and believe he is the better QB right now, it would be great to see 43 year old Brady win, retire and, at least for now, be considered the best to ever play

Of course the question there is will he really retire, even if he wins another Super Bowl, all indications are he has no intention of hanging it up anytime soon.

Was looking at their regular season matchup. Both teams put up a ton of yards but the score was only 27-24 KC.

I hope TB wins, I think the Brady angle is actually pretty cool and the two Gophers on their roster are players I was a huge fan of while they were here. I liked Wilson but liked TJ and Winfield more.

See this game as a tossup. Whichever team does a better job protecting the football will probably come out on top.

Tampa Bay is my preference.
I think Tampa Bay wins.

The great Vin Scully announces the game in the movie For Love of the Game. As Billy Chappell heads into the 9th inning working on a perfect game he says:
“And you know Steve you get the feeling that Billy Chapel isn't pitching against left handers, he isn't pitching against pinch hitters, he isn't pitching against the Yankees. He's pitching against time. He's pitching against the future, against age, and even when you think about his career, against ending. And tonight I think he might be able to use that aching old arm one more time to push the sun back up in the sky and give us one more day of summer.”

If that doesn’t apply perfectly to Tom Brady heading into this game, nothing does.

If the Bucs win I win $900

If the Bucs lose I lose $100

Lets go Bucs!

Tampa Bay is my preference.
I think Tampa Bay wins.

The great Vin Scully announces the game in the movie For Love of the Game. As Billy Chappell heads into the 9th inning working on a perfect game he says:
“And you know Steve you get the feeling that Billy Chapel isn't pitching against left handers, he isn't pitching against pinch hitters, he isn't pitching against the Yankees. He's pitching against time. He's pitching against the future, against age, and even when you think about his career, against ending. And tonight I think he might be able to use that aching old arm one more time to push the sun back up in the sky and give us one more day of summer.”

If that doesn’t apply perfectly to Tom Brady heading into this game, nothing does.

Literally watched that movie last night. One of my all-time favorites. Main difference between Brady and Chapel is that Chapel was clearly at the end of his career and nowhere near the pitcher he once was. Brady is still rolling along. Not as good as he was in his prime but still easily one of the best in the league.

Literally watched that movie last night. One of my all-time favorites. Main difference between Brady and Chapel is that Chapel was clearly at the end of his career and nowhere near the pitcher he once was. Brady is still rolling along. Not as good as he was in his prime but still easily one of the best in the league.

Awesome movie. On any given day, the true greats can harness it for a day or an hour or a moment.
Brady is really a shell of his former self. He has adapted and changed to where he is still good. Just like great pitchers. They do the little things better as the physical tools diminish.

Awesome movie. On any given day, the true greats can harness it for a day or an hour or a moment.
Brady is really a shell of his former self. He has adapted and changed to where he is still good. Just like great pitchers. They do the little things better as the physical tools diminish.

I don't know man....if 2020 represents him as just a shell of himself that is one heck of a shell. His 2020 stat line is one of the better ones in his HOF career. One of his top 5 years in terms of yards, second most TDs, completion percentage in line with his career numbers, picks up a little but not out of the ordinary, and a top 8 QB rating for his career.

Oh and he led a struggling franchise to the Super Bowl while his former team failed to make the playoffs. :)

Feel like I have morphed into some sort of Tom Brady super fan since the Packer game. But it is impossible not to respect what the guy has been able to do over his career. 14 conference championship games and 10 trips to the Super Bowl....those are the kind of numbers that will be tough for anyone to duplicate.

AW n TJ were a couple of my favorites and I think TB will reduce his TO's from last week so Bucs win a home SB.

I don't know man....if 2020 represents him as just a shell of himself that is one heck of a shell. His 2020 stat line is one of the better ones in his HOF career. One of his top 5 years in terms of yards, second most TDs, completion percentage in line with his career numbers, picks up a little but not out of the ordinary, and a top 8 QB rating for his career.

Oh and he led a struggling franchise to the Super Bowl while his former team failed to make the playoffs. :)

Feel like I have morphed into some sort of Tom Brady super fan since the Packer game. But it is impossible not to respect what the guy has been able to do over his career. 14 conference championship games and 10 trips to the Super Bowl....those are the kind of numbers that will be tough for anyone to duplicate.

All thats fine but this may be his most talented team. Brady of yesteryear carried teams with zero talent to Super Bowls. He is the best I’ve ever seen.

All thats fine but this may be his most talented team. Brady of yesteryear carried teams with zero talent to Super Bowls. He is the best I’ve ever seen.
Fair enough. Obviously he knew what he was doing when he picked Tampa.

I've hated Tampon Bay since Warren Sapp. I hate Michigan. Tom Brady is a diva. That being said, the yuccaneers have 2 Gophs, the team that beat beat the Wipings in the super bowl have 1 Goph (Chiefs). I want 2 Gophers to win, but I have to go with the team I hate the least that only has 1 Gopher. Chiefs.

Watched this last week, and it is in my Top 10 sports movies of all-time. I found this movie many years after it premiered and I've seen it a dozen times.

Took me a while to figure out Chapel's career is in real life that of Jack Morris.

I don't really care who wins. My interest is watching our boys compete. Hope that AW is up to speed.

I don't really care who wins. My interest is watching our boys compete. Hope that AW is up to speed.

KC threw the ball a ton when the two teams met earlier in the year (Mahomes had almost 50 attempts) so Winfield should have his opportunities to make something happen on the biggest stage. Assume the ankle should be good to go with a few weeks to recover.

The strippers working the clubs along Dale Mabry will be winners for sure.

Not sure that is true this year. I would bet the teams are keeping the players pretty isolated to avoid a COVID outbreak that would derail their chances of winning the Super Bowl.

Not sure that is true this year. I would bet the teams are keeping the players pretty isolated to avoid a COVID outbreak that would derail their chances of winning the Super Bowl.
Was thinking more fans taking in the Super Bowl experience and media members, but point well taken. Players not so much under the circumstances.

Was thinking more fans taking in the Super Bowl experience and media members, but point well taken. Players not so much under the circumstances.

Fewer fans in the area as well. Think they announced the crowd will only be 25K for the game. And I am sure a lot of people who might have gone to the site even if they weren't going to the game might elect to stay away as well due to the pandemic.

Fewer fans in the area as well. Think they announced the crowd will only be 25K for the game. And I am sure a lot of people who might have gone to the site even if they weren't going to the game might elect to stay away as well due to the pandemic.
This might require some further investigation. Someone get the I-Team to interview the fine ladies at Mons Venus perhaps to get to the bottom of this!

Much love is continuing to made of the two Gopher rookies with the Bucs this week while the Sophomore Gopher with the Chiefs not so much. Perhaps he might get last say in this game.

Much love is continuing to made of the two Gopher rookies with the Bucs this week while the Sophomore Gopher with the Chiefs not so much. Perhaps he might get last say in this game.

Not surprising that TJ and Winfield are getting more love than Wilson. Wilson's last year was 2014 and he was only with the U for 2 seasons. TJ and Winfield were both with the program for twice as long and were beloved by fans during their time here.

Add to that the "one of us" angle with TJ (and kind of with Winfield due how long his dad played for the Vikings) and the love grows even more.

Bucs and Bucs.

Bucs with Tyler Johnson at QB...
😍

Top Bottom