Who will win the College Football National Championship Game?

• Oregon

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 42 60.0%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Big 10! Big 10! Big 10!

I can keep this up till next January!

Winning a national championship with your third string QB after people were debating if you should even be in the running. Now that's a story.

Probably Oregon - they have an edge at QB. With either of Ohio State's injured QBs, Buckeyes would win.

I think OSU's d-line will be disruptive in the backfield. Thats you slow down Oregon's O, with penetration.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

OSU's defensive line is the reason they'll be in the game, but I like the Ducks in a close one because of Mariota (~6 points).

I think line setting is tough for teams like Oregon. I feel like the game is pretty much a tossup, but if Oregon wins, I think it will be by more than 7.

That would actually explain a lot. You always get the sense that just because they beat a team by 30 points does not necessarily mean they are 30 points better. They are just really good at, well running up the score with how many scoring opportunities they get with their uptempo O. I doubt Alabama would beat MSU by 19 but I don't think that they have any less of a competitive advantage over them than Oregon does.

I think line setting is tough for teams like Oregon. I feel like the game is pretty much a tossup, but if Oregon wins, I think it will be by more than 7.

Well Oregon has covered what, 9 games in a row? So probably fair to say the lines have been set too low for Oregon. That being said, I agree that the Ducks will probably either lose or win by more than 7. With that offense, most teams just can't stop it. But the way to beat them is to stop the run (easier said than done obviously), force them into a lot of 3 and outs, and control the clock running the ball against them. You just don't see many college teams with a defense capable of stopping their rushing attack, but whenever they can't run the ball their offense will struggle and everything seems to collapse for them.

Florida State was doing OK against Oregon until they turned the ball over 3 times in a row. They were running the ball and their defense although wasn't stopping Oregon did hold them to 18 points in the first half. Florida State could have been up at half had they been better at getting the ball in the endzone once in goal to go situations. I honestly think Ohio State has a great chance at winning this game because they have such a good run game and a defense that should be fast enough to run with Oregon as long as they aren't on the field the whole game. Ohio State is much better than Florida State so if they just don't turn the ball over hopefully they can win.

I hope that the #4 seed wins. Polls are a joke.

Who knows?? All I can say is OSU.

Sure glad its not Wisky cause I would have to jump in the icy waters of Gitchigumme just to wash off!!

The Ohio State. Two major wide receivers out for the Ducks. That really starts to change the odds a bit.

I think the ducks just have too much speed for OSU.
I do believe it will be close, but Oregon will win.

I think the ducks just have too much speed for OSU.
I do believe it will be close, but Oregon will win.

They lost top receiver to weed who Mariora throws like 73% of his passes to

Top Bottom