Who will step up in the pass game this week?

minibeaver

Reaction score
Most believe we will have to throw more to win this week and as we go deeper into the conference schedule. Assuming Max is out this week, anyone have some ideas or predictions as to who will step up in the pass game this week? Wolitarsky? Maybe Edwards on some screen passes?
Who's it gonna be?

Well, we need Donovahn 'Mellow Yellow' Jones to have a big game coupled with The Boston Streveler making plays with his feet and arm when the forward pass play is signaled in. We just found out that Marcus 'Broken Bones' Jones is out with a broken hand so the special teams will make sure Devon 'Always' Wright is prepared.

Well, we need Donovahn 'Mellow Yellow' Jones to have a big game coupled with The Boston Streveler making plays with his feet and arm when the forward pass play is signaled in. We just found out that Marcus 'Broken Bones' Jones is out with a broken hand so the special teams will make sure Devon 'Always' Wright is prepared.

You have a gift dude, a special gift.

You have a gift dude, a special gift.

He certainly is special.

We need Maxx. W/O him I would bet Woli has the best chance to break out, but he is no Maxx. We need Maxx.

He certainly is special.

We need Maxx. W/O him I would bet Woli has the best chance to break out, but he is no Maxx. We need Maxx.

With a heavy dose of IMO, Woli's body language seems like he's given up. He's very frustrated and its affecting his performance/effort when we do pass to him. I don't see him stepping up right now. I think its gonna be someone other than him. Who that is I'm not sure yet.

Just wondering what people have heard about this. I had heard that Melvin Holland was getting his redshirt taken. I have liked everything about this kid since I first saw his HS tape. If we're taking his redshirt what better week than this? Maybe he steps up in his first start and gives Jabrill and the boys in blue everything they can handle! (overly optimistic I know...)

Wolitarski is ready to show Bitchigan some real artistry.

Hopefully Streveler.

I think, this is the week we find out if we intend burn redshirts, on any true frosh WRs.

Time for #14 to become involved. With a young quarterback, and a young stable of receivers, Isaac needs to get open. Isaac needs to get open and make catches.
I'll admit, if this were to play out, even I'd be surprised.

Hopefully Streveler.

Gotta figure with a week to work on it they will have some plays both Strev and the coaches are comfy with. That's what I'm assuming, which is why I'm focusing on the receivers.

define stepping up?

does that mean catch 2 passes? or get more than 10 yards total in yardage?

how about Mr. Limegrover? could we get him to step up? call a few high percentage passes that might get 2-5 yards to settle in and at least give the WR's something to do?

I think, this is the week we find out if we intend burn redshirts, on any true frosh WRs.

Honestly I think we're past the point where I'd like to see a redshirt or two burned. How much would Holland or Gibson really help the passing game? WR's aren't the only problem in the passing game, it's a QB and OL and WR problem. I don't think it's worth it, especially after 4 games in which would've been a great opportunity to play them already and get experience.

I just don't see any receivers on the field, that "play big". By that I mean, a receiver that exerts total confidence, that when the ball comes his way, he OWNS that 5-6 foot circle around him. He won't let an arm in his face stop him from muscling that ball out of the air. A guy who plays mean, tough, "this is my goddam ball!" Football... That's not taught as much as it is an attitude. Maybe one of the freshmen have that intangible we need...

I'm setting my expectations to >1 completions. Baby steps...

Top Bottom