Who will QB in the bowl game?

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
Cole? Nobody from the portal. Sounds like a real problem. Will PJ keep it a secret until game time?

Another huge, huge problem. More cracks in the foundation.
(sarcasm)
I asked this question in the AK Daddy thread, but unsurprisingly got no replies. Sincere question: What are the key foundational components that you have seen recently that we should all hold on to and that provide you with hope for the future. What are the specifics about the program that make you believe it is in such good shape?

Go ahead, start the personal attacks.

I asked this question in the AK Daddy thread, but unsurprisingly got no replies. Sincere question: What are the key foundational components that you have seen recently that we should all hold on to and that provide you with hope for the future. What are the specifics about the program that make you believe it is in such good shape?

Minnesota is the place to go if don't want football to be 100% of your life. I'm proud of that aspect of the program that PJ sells. We get a lot of high caliber kids who often overachieve

I don't do personal attacks.

I'll give you three reasons for optimism, quickly, off the top of my head:

Reason #1: I'm 67 years old, and Fleck's winning percentage is better than any Minnesota coach in my lifetime. And that's a long, long time.

Reason #2: Fleck has the kids going to class, making good grades, and they are good citizens. Nobody in trouble or pulling crap that reflects poorly on the U.

Reason #3: The Gopher team is now clearly competitive with Iowa and Wisconsin, our two biggest, oldest rivals.

------------

Here's another, although it's more a personal choice/lifestyle thing: I've found, in my 67 years, that being generally optimistic is it's own reward. For me, being constantly negative and wallowing in misery is not productive, it's not attractive and it is extremely dull and boring. HOWEVER, you have a right to choose your own path. I'm not telling you how to feel, I'm just answering your question.

Last edited:

It's not like we are fond of announcing who is in or out ahead of time so the odds of getting an answer clearly isn't likely.

But it's gotta be someone on the roster now, can't be a transfer I don't think.

Best HC in recent memory?

Beyond that I think it is a bit much to ask to throw a fit about the end times and demand someone write you an essay to explain themselves.

Beyond that I think it is a bit much to ask to throw a fit about the end times and demand someone write you an essay to explain themselves.

Yep. Exactly. Not complicated.

This, combined with Post #10, should be adequate to answer the question.

It seems obvious, but... will be the player Fleck believes gives us the best chance to win the game.

That's his job.

I often wonder how young these sky is falling types are, I have been through the sky is falling and I am not that old(42 or least I think) I knew this year was going to be really tough there are some signs and trends I dont like. But 29-32 through 7 years in the Big 10 gives me some trust he knows what he is doing. I cannot stand his personality but it has not been close he is the most successful coach of my lifetime. Glen Mason was 19-32 his first 7 years. 1 down year I am not ready to hit the eject button yet.

Is it legal to sign a portal QB, coach him up for 15 practices, and send him out there in the Quick Lane Bowl against a mid-tier MAC foe?

Bonus points if it's the quarterback of the team we're playing

Is it legal to sign a portal QB, coach him up for 15 practices, and send him out there in the Quick Lane Bowl against a mid-tier MAC foe?

Bonus points if it's the quarterback of the team we're playing
No. You can't play until the next season.

Cole? Nobody from the portal. Sounds like a real problem. Will PJ keep it a secret until game time?
might well bring back the worst qb in gohpher history . lidner. let him throw worm burners all game and fumbel and look like a deer in the headlights.

as far as I know, Cole Kramer will be the QB in the bowl game, barring injury.

I understand that Kramer walked with the Seniors on Senior Day - but that does not bar him from playing in the bowl game.

bottom line - it's either Kramer or Shikenjanski.

because every other QB on the roster has indicated their intention to enter the portal.

personally, I'm more concerned about the overall depth of the team. between injuries, players going into the portal, and players potentially sitting out the bowl game because they want to get ready for NFL combine, etc, the QB could be among the least of the worries.

as far as I know, Cole Kramer will be the QB in the bowl game, barring injury.

I understand that Kramer walked with the Seniors on Senior Day - but that does not bar him from playing in the bowl game.

bottom line - it's either Kramer or Shikenjanski.

because every other QB on the roster has indicated their intention to enter the portal.

personally, I'm more concerned about the overall depth of the team. between injuries, players going into the portal, and players potentially sitting out the bowl game because they want to get ready for NFL combine, etc, the QB could be among the least of the worries.
Either way, sounds like a minimal passing attack.

I've seen it on black and white film...no QB. 3 running backs in the back field and the center hikes the ball to which ever running back that play is called for.

Here's another, although it's more a personal choice/lifestyle thing: I've found, in my 67 years, that being generally optimistic is it's own reward. For me, being constantly negative and wallowing in misery is not productive, it's not attractive and it is extremely dull and boring.
Pro-Tip: Constantly bitching about people who don’t choose your preference also isn’t productive or attractive and is extremely dull and boring.

Pro-Tip: Constantly bitching about people who don’t choose your preference also isn’t productive or attractive and is extremely dull and boring.

I was asked a question, and I answered it.

But, again, thanks for being my most ardent follower.

I've seen it on black and white film...no QB. 3 running backs in the back field and the center hikes the ball to which ever running back that play is called for.

I broadcast a HS FB playoff game in IA where one team ran the single wing. Sigourney-Keota. direct snap to the up back, who would spin around and either hand the ball off to one of the other backs, or fake a handoff, spin back and run the ball himself. but they ran that offense so fast and carried out their fakes so well that - even though I was watching the backfield through binoculars, I still had trouble telling who had the ball. very unique and hard to prepare for because other teams could not replicate what S-K did in practice.

Top Bottom