Who will have a better career at their respective school? Fleck or Brohm?

Who will have a better career at their respective school? Fleck or Brohm?

• Fleck will have a better career at Minnesota

Votes: 117 78.5%
  • Brohm will have a better career at Purdue

Votes: 32 21.5%

• Total voters

He may have said no now but in the near future when he gets fired by Purdue who knows?

How soon is he getting fired? Have you looked at his buyout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd have to say Kill started something good, and Coach Fleck is taking another step higher and he is bringing in high end recruits. Some 18-19 year olds want someone to teach them how to live a fulfilling life not just be treated like another number as is the life an athlete. As soon as their worth is no longer worth it, they are replaced. I think based on this philosophy from Coach Fleck he will bring in intelligent/talented players and will have a better coaching career because of it.
That's not to diminish anything any other coach does. I'm sure many others do the same, but PJ is just more obvious about it.

I'd have to say Kill started something good, and Coach Fleck is taking another step higher and he is bringing in high end recruits. Some 18-19 year olds want someone to teach them how to live a fulfilling life not just be treated like another number as is the life an athlete. As soon as their worth is no longer worth it, they are replaced. I think based on this philosophy from Coach Fleck he will bring in intelligent/talented players and will have a better coaching career because of it.
That's not to diminish anything any other coach does. I'm sure many others do the same, but PJ is just more obvious about it.

JK certainly did a good job in this area, but was indeed a tone below PJ in voicing it. He did a lot behind the scenes and out of the public eye to try to direct kids to proper life choices when needed. It didn't always work, but he gave chances and cut the cord when he had to...

It feels like we might be arguing about two different things. Wasn’t this originally a discussion on how fixated Brohm was on Fleck? How did we get to coaches telling players to pound sand?

You said it was okay for a major college head coach to act like fans. I was providing another example of things fans do quite often. Sure coaches get emotional but they are still held to a higher standard than what random people say on a message board.

You said it was okay for a major college head coach to act like fans. I was providing another example of things fans do quite often. Sure coaches get emotional but they are still held to a higher standard than what random people say on a message board.

I mean if you’re going to go to extreme examples obviously that’s not acceptable or at least desirable. I don’t disagree with what you stated above. I also know coaches aren’t above being petty and highly competitive. There’s no doubt in my mind they are comparing themselves to their peers and may even get a little fixated. Not as much as some fans.

Few banned posters in this thread.

2017 comments were funny

This is like a scab. The longer you wait to peel it off the easier it gets.

How is this even a question? I see Purdue going 4-8 with their only other win coming against Northwestern. The only question is when Bohm gets fired. Maybe they'll pull off a win against Indiana but if that saves his job then Purdue's standards have hit rock bottom.

Worst-case scenario for the Gophers is 7-5 and the best-case scenario is 9-3 in my opinion.

Last edited:

How is this even a question? I see Purdue going 4-8 with their only other win coming against Northwestern. The only question is when Bohm gets fired. Maybe they'll pull off a win against Indiana but if that saves his job then Purdue's standards have hit rock bottom.

Worst-case scenario for the Gophers is 7-5 and the best-case scenario is 9-3 in my opinion.
Disagree

Purdue might get third in the west this year. They’re a solid team

Dan Barreiro has not done a Brohm vs Fleck comparison lately.
That was his favorite topic in 2017 and early 2018.

I don't know if it's just luck, but they've been hurt the hardest by injuries.
Yeah. I think Brohm is a pretty good coach. But at some point enough bad luck gets you run out of town

Disagree

Purdue might get third in the west this year. They’re a solid team

I agree to a point; thought Purdue looked pretty good yesterday, on offense and on defense.
But they'll have to really play well to finish third. Their remaining schedule:

@ Iowa

WISCONSIN

@ Nebraska

MICHIGAN STATE

@ Ohio State

INDIANA

I agree to a point; thought Purdue looked pretty good yesterday, on offense and on defense.
But they'll have to really play well to finish third. Their remaining schedule:

@ Iowa

WISCONSIN

@ Nebraska

MICHIGAN STATE

@ Ohio State

INDIANA
I see indiana as their only win left . But I give the wi and nebby game almost 50/50 odds

voted fleck originally, still feel good about that vote. dude is elite.

I don't know if it's just luck, but they've been hurt the hardest by injuries.
I think he's struggled adding much depth and/or a QB. I realize they've had a lot of injuries, but no one had more people out than us last year. We played huge chucks of time this year without our best RB (one of the best in the country), our best WR, our MLB, etc.

I realize they've had it bad too and part of that is luck. The other part of it is recruiting depth. I think programs like ours need to be super healthy to have seasons like 2019 but if you have some depth you should be able to avoid absolute dumpster fires - - even if you have injuries.

Anyone know the back history with Brohm and Morgan? Justin Gaard mentioned on the Pair and Spare Podcast about how much MN loves to beat Purdue and how meaningful it is. Is it simply the Brohm didn't recruit Tanner to Western Kentucky?

A point in Brohm's category is he is 4-1 against Iowa in his tenure at Purdue. It may be that we need to follow his lead in Kinnick this year.

Anyone know the back history with Brohm and Morgan? Justin Gaard mentioned on the Pair and Spare Podcast about how much MN loves to beat Purdue and how meaningful it is. Is it simply the Brohm didn't recruit Tanner to Western Kentucky?
Pretty sure I’ve heard elsewhere Brohm told him point-blank he was too small to play QB at this level.

Pretty sure I’ve heard elsewhere Brohm told him point-blank he was too small to play QB at this level.

I think there may be a GopherHole or two that secretly agree.

It's amazing to me that, with the amazing success of QBs like Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray, etc., we still hear the "too short" nonsense.

Tanner Morgan may or may not make it in the NFL, but, either way it won't be because he's "too short".

Top Bottom