who will contribute more this year, who will be better in the future

Brew_recruit

Reaction score
Who do you think will be contribute more this year cobbs or Allen? Who do you think will be better in the future? Personally I think allen will be better, I think his potential is sick.

I think you are going to have a tough time getting the opinions of others until Allen steps on to the floor...if that ever happens. I follow Gopher basketball and the incoming recruits on a ridiculous level, and the most I have seen of Allen is in the youtube video below. While he looks pretty good (quick with a good outside shot) it's hard to tell how good the competition he is facing. I would expect his contribution to the basketball team to be fairly minimal, so to answer your question, I would say Cobbs considering he is in the gym everday, and Allen has yet to even practice with the team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvateImn4oY

We've only seen Cobbs on the court, so I can't comment on Allen (if you've seen him somewhere, I'd love to hear your thoughts).

Rivals had both as 3-stars, while Scout gave them both two stars, so they're pretty similar in that regard (actually if you click on Cobbs profile on Rivals it lists "similar players" and one listed is Bryant Allen.)

Looking at their other offers, Cobbs had Iowa and USC as his most-high profile suitors, Allen had Kansas and Wisconsin. Advantage Allen, but with his football abilities it's hard to know how much that influenced teams.

If I had to guess, and it's just a guess, I'd say that Cobbs is a better basketball player right now but Allen is a better athlete. As far as potential, your guess is as good as mine.

Looking at their other offers, Cobbs had Iowa and USC as his most-high profile suitors, Allen had Kansas and Wisconsin. Advantage Allen, but with his football abilities it's hard to know how much that influenced teams.

Those were football offers.

Top Bottom