Who will be the leading scorer on this team?

Who will be the Gopher's leading scorer this year?

• Joe Coleman

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Andre Hollins

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Austin Hollins

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Trevor Mbakwe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rodney Williams

Votes: 37 60.7%

• Total voters

RunGopherRun

Reaction score
It seems like any of 5 guys could be our leading scorer in any given game. So who will the leading scorer be come March?

RunGopherRun, you took a poll thread away from Stan. Shame on you. :)

Hey, what can I say? When I think of a good poll question, I go with it. Even if I may incur the wrath of Stan.

I went with Dre Hollins. I think that once the Big 10 season comes around, the team will start leaning on him more and more, just like last spring during the NIT run.

Tough to call between Dre, Austin and maybe Rodney. But I think it will be Austin come March.

I'm going with Rodney, the model of consistency.

Yeah, that's why I went with him. The great thing is that all of these guys will be our leading scorer at least a couple of times throughout the rest of the season.

Hopefully Rondey, since he's the team's most efficient player. Then Mbakwe. Then Austin and Joe. Then Andre.

I'd have to say Dre, mainly because he has the potential to go off on any night, and he makes his FTs. His free-throwing at the end of games will become absolutely invaluable come close games, especially in conference.

I voted Rodney but wouldn't be surprised if it's Andre.

I'd have to say Dre, mainly because he has the potential to go off on any night, and he makes his FTs. His free-throwing at the end of games will become absolutely invaluable come close games, especially in conference.

The freethrow shooting is a great point. He could easily pick up 6-7 points at the end of close games when we have a lead.

Dre's name is so close to mine...Dr.

Rodney Jr's name is so close to my best friend in High School... ROD

Austin's name is so close to where I grew up, not far from Austin.

Joe Coleman's name is so close to my nickname that my high school girlfriend called me in private...Moe Coal Man.

Trevor is so close to what my high school girlfriend used to enjoy...Tremor.

So I am so stumped on whom to choose. So I will go with:

TEAM!!! As long as we win, who leads the scoring is a minor stat for our Gophers' success.

I went Andre because of the late-game free throw factor. If its a tight game he will likely be getting the ball (when possible) and he is a very good free throw shooter so he can add 4-6pts in a lot of closer games because of that...which adds quite a bit to the season scoring average.

2nd I will say Rodney because he is a steady scorer.

Joe Coleman's name is so close to my nickname that my high school girlfriend called me in private...Moe Coal Man.

TEAM!!! As long as we win, who leads the scoring is a minor stat for our Gophers' success.

Sounds like Doc needs a few more beers

In all seriousness, count me as another who voted for Rodney but wouldn't be surprised if it was Dre. It's hard to say because Rodney will probably lead the scoring in a greater number of games, but Dre has more upside to really go off within each game itself. Speaking of Dre and his free throws...is it too early to be concerned that currently, his FT percentage is 12 points less than last year? I'm certainly not panicked about it, but maybe a little surprised.

So... You're Dr. Dre?

In all seriousness, count me as another who voted for Rodney but wouldn't be surprised if it was Dre. It's hard to say because Rodney will probably lead the scoring in a greater number of games, but Dre has more upside to really go off within each game itself. Speaking of Dre and his free throws...is it too early to be concerned that currently, his FT percentage is 12 points less than last year? I'm certainly not panicked about it, but maybe a little surprised.

I think we should be more worried that outside of free throws and three pointers, Andre really struggles to score. Making just 41.7% of your 2PA is pretty bad. He's probably going to finish dead last on the team again.

Top Bottom