Who Will Be The First 2015 Committment?

Who Will Be The First 2015 Gopher Commit?

• Alex Illikainen

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Jarvis Johnson

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Chris Clarke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sacar Anim

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Ed Morrow

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • K.J. Walton

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Jimmy Whitt

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Dupree McBrayer

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Kevin Dorsey

Votes: 31 34.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

golfing18now

Reaction score
Frustrated by the dead period that we seem to be in....just curious who others think will be the first to commit to the Gophers?

(how do I fix my spelling error in the thread title?)

I don't know who it will be, but we really need one of them to blaze the trail. If it's Johnson or Ilkainen, I think that could open up the gates!

No Wilson?

based on the list I say Johnson.
One of My personal favorite is Clarke.

Hopefully a 4*. And hopefully a soon. I couldn't care less who.

I'll just say Jarvis.

Hopefully a 4*. And hopefully a soon. I couldn't care less who.

I'll just say Jarvis.

I am just as curious as to when will the first 2015 commit? When is it most probable the majority of 2015's begin committing?

I am just as curious as to when will the first 2015 commit? When is it most probable the majority of 2015's begin committing?

Alot of commitments start rolling in starting around early August, and the madness normally continues up until early October. You'll see some the last week of July though. August and September are probably the busiest months.

I'll guess Dorsey. He sounds to be the perfect follow on to little Dre.

Some nice names on the list. I have a feeling they will sign the first wing who will commit, while waiting for Jarvis and Alex to decide.

I went with Anim. I think he gets an offer by the end of this next open period and jumps on it.

Screw waiting for anyone to decide. Take guys who want to be here and fit the system. If the local guys are too close to see the forest for the trees, and it is not that hard to understand that problem, just win with guys who want to be here and get the next generation.

After seeing that Darren Wolfson tweet about Anim. I'm picking him too, with Jarvis a close second...

I went with Anim. I think he gets an offer by the end of this next open period and jumps on it.

Can Guy Fawkes or Tommy F please post some shiz about us having a commit close soon so I can have a day off from work watching this place go up in flames over a recruit?!?!?

If we had done a poll at this time last year would Morris, Martin or Mason have showed up on it? (I really can't remember).

If we had done a poll at this time last year would Morris, Martin or Mason have showed up on it? (I really can't remember).

If I remember correctly, all three were identified pretty early as potential targets. The Gophers were after a lot more Top 100 recruits last year however, so they were probably considered fallback options by most who had high hopes for landing a few higher rated recruits. So to answer your question, they probably wouldn't have been specifically listed if a similar poll were made at this time last year, but were on the radar.

If I remember correctly, all three were identified pretty early as potential targets. The Gophers were after a lot more Top 100 recruits last year however, so they were probably considered fallback options by most who had high hopes for landing a few higher rated recruits. So to answer your question, they probably wouldn't have been specifically listed if a similar poll were made at this time last year, but were on the radar.

It seems we've set our sights more modestly, but we're in great position with guys like Dorsey. That would be a nice pick up.

Jarvis Johnson. Would have said AI up until the time he switched to the basketball factory. Now not as confident.

Dorsey - now

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kevin Dorsey, a top 100 point guard, just verbally committed to Minnesota, per a source.</p>— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/statuses/487979978626068480">July 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can we please stop the voting on this thread? Nobody thinks you're clever for voting Dorsey after the fact. All it does is bump this thread to the top of the list.

Can we please stop the voting on this thread? Nobody thinks you're clever for voting Dorsey after the fact. All it does is bump this thread to the top of the list.

Like you just did with your comment. :cool02:

I vote Dorsey. No brainer. :cool:

Well I'll be damned. I actually got this one right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom