Who will be Recruit #2?

Imma go with Race.
Does Race Bannon have any eligibility left...? If he's got anything left in the tank, he might be a good addition to the squad. Hell of a mentor to Jonny Quest, so he'd be a good role model for what looks to be a young team. Sign him up!

I’m hoping recruit #2 is the PG who is a grad transfer and was player of the year in his conference. Sorry, can’t remember his name.

I know a lot of people don't like Doogie on here, but if you listen to his podcast he actually interviewed Ish El-Amin, Jamison Battle and Jared Nuness. After listening to those interviews, I think El-Amin will be a Gopher if he is offered. In listening to Nuness, it seemed like he was very interested in working with Ben Johnson and wanted to have that discussion next week after Baylor's season had ended. It sounded like Ben Johnson had contacted Race Thompson, and with his father being a Gopher legend, i think there is a chance he might come back home to play.

Reuvers didn't enter the portal to come back and play for the Gophers. I think if he plays college basketball next year it will be at a school like Notre Dame, Xavier or Creighton. A school like that. I would be shocked if Davison came back to play for the Gophers....but if he wanted to I would certainly take him. Garcia I think will stay at Marquette. He would be my dream commitment but I don't see it happening. There might be some other surprises entering the portal...who knows.

This is the best and most excited I've felt about Gopher basketball in over 8 years. I think the 2022 class will be the best Gopher high school recruiting class we have had since Royce White and Rodney Williams.

Reuvers didn't enter the portal to come back and play for the Gophers. I think if he plays college basketball next year it will be at a school like Notre Dame, Xavier or Creighton. A school like that. I would be shocked if Davison came back to play for the Gophers....but if he wanted to I would certainly take him.
If you were to put on your "wild guessing" hat ... do you think Wisconsin will be doing a self-imposed postseason ban for 2021-22? (ie, self-imposed as a mea culpa to the NCAA and a nice way of asking them not to investigate and ban them further)

Doogie says Gophs did not offer Ish
Off to Rhode Island

If you were to put on your "wild guessing" hat ... do you think Wisconsin will be doing a self-imposed postseason ban for 2021-22? (ie, self-imposed as a mea culpa to the NCAA and a nice way of asking them not to investigate and ban them further)
I'm not a Wisconsin fan so I have no idea why they would need to do a self-imposed ban. I hope they have a downward spiral with or without the ban.

Doogie says Gophs did not offer Ish
Off to Rhode Island
I saw that too....Johnson must think he must have other players who will fit his system better because it sure sounded like he wanted to be here. I guess there are a lot of players in the portal...and probably more will enter it as well. I have never seen El-Amin play, but I trust the process.

I assumed Ish El-Amin was close to a lock here. Really hope that means BJ has some bigger fish on the line.

I hope he has two better PG's in the queue. I'm not confident that is the case.
Well right now Gabe seems like our only guard....but i think I heard we have 6 spots to fill. I have a feeling there might end up being more players in the portal than spots available. I'm not sure the first choice is building with players who have one year left to compete either. It should be an interesting spring. I like the position we are in with a lot of spots open to fill.

What about the other MAC guy, from Akron(?)?

Or that Ish just wasn't a fit. Culture needs to win in year one.
Yup definitely a possibility too. Fit both playing style wise and personality wise. He seems like the shoot first type of PG that Pitino liked, but maybe BJ has a different vision for his PG.

Breaking news valid only for today -- Chet commits to the Gophers. This announcement is only valid for today and will expire at 12:01 AM.

I am going to need a new guess. Thought it would be him. (I'm wrong on all my basketball predictions lately.)

You need to add equivocation to your predictions. I said "Ish or another comparable point or combo guard." So, I may be wrong eventually (he could bring in a forward next) but I'm not wrong yet!

I’m hoping recruit #2 is the PG who is a grad transfer and was player of the year in his conference. Sorry, can’t remember his name.
Marreon Jackson from Toledo? Would be a great get; I'd imagine he has a lot of suitors.

I love guards named Jackson at Minnesota!

Top Bottom