station19

Reaction score
FINAL SCORES No that's not a flag

TODAY:

Northwestern 42
Syracuse 41

W Michigan 7
Illinois 24

Seemed to be a lot of talk about W Michigan, maybe Syracuse is the team to worry about.

I would be thrilled with a win against Syracuse. I think they will be favored to win the game and it will be a tough battle.

If we can squeek out both of those there is no reason to think we can't beat northwestern, illinois, purdue, and maybe 1 major upset. This OOC schedule will tell us a lot about the team.

If we can squeek out both of those there is no reason to think we can't beat northwestern, illinois, purdue, and maybe 1 major upset. This OOC schedule will tell us a lot about the team.

Yeah, and so far I don't like what it has told us.

Looking like Syracuse, when once it looked like Western Michigan. W. Mich just looked awful today, and I don't think Illinois is any better than us.

West. Mich. did not look so good today, Syracuse looked pretty good at times and will probably be very tough to beat. Would love to see the Gophs take a couple of steps forward and win both of these games, and also NH next week. We shall see.

I agree W. Michigan didn't look good today, but remember it is just one game.

I would say they will be equally tough. If we play well, we should win. If we don't play well, we probably lose. It's as simple as that.

The toughest NC opponent is always the next one in line.

You people are nuts to overlook New Hampshire

It wasn't that long ago that UNH went into Evanston and beat Northwestern.....

Who's overlooking New Hampshire? Just because people don't think they are our toughest non-conference game doesn't mean they are being overlooked.

Game 1 for everyone. Lots of surprises in store next week, too.

FINAL SCORES No that's not a flag

TODAY:

Northwestern 42
Syracuse 41

W Michigan 7
Illinois 24

Seemed to be a lot of talk about W Michigan, maybe Syracuse is the team to worry about.

Syracuse could very well be 0-3 when they face us. WMU had only 13 FD and 259 offense (-6 rushing) against Illinois. UNH had a potent offense vs Holy Cross, but gave up a lot of pass receptions (one receiver with 10, four with 3 or more). We'll see how Jer works out the game plans. Gotta play them all. Here.

Syracuse, but W. Mich. may give us trouble, too. I'm remembering New Mexico State.

And the freshmen on this year's New Hampshire team were entering seventh grade when they beat that 4-8 Northwestern team.

Syracuse looks better. Western Michigan couldn't do anything. Now, I do think Illinois is quite possibly (even likely) better than Northwestern this year. That said, Syracuse put up 600 yards of offense in that game! There is no way they should have lost that game. NW had a touchdown on a punt return, a fumble recovery return, and both another long punt return and fumble recovery which set-up two of their other TDs.

If we can continue to improve, and we bury New Hampshire, by hitting all those receivers we should have hit in the UNLV game, then (based solely off of week one), we should beat W. Mich, Syracuse, NW, Illinois and Iowa.

Top Bottom