Who will be #3?

I say I want to be an NFL kicker but that doesn’t make it so.
During one of his class presentations, my 2nd grade son on career day told his class he wanted to be an NFL punter when he grows up because of the steady income, low injury risk, limited pressure associated with the position, and off seasons which he can spend with his wife and son Firework (future son’s name). The teacher asked him who is favorite player is which he declined to answer instead stating who his least favorite player is; Blair Walsh (he wasn’t even alive for the Seattle playoff game at TCF). I still haven’t mentioned Gary Anderson yet. Baby steps. I say all that to say, this year despite years of his father’s suffering, he became a Gopher fan. Proud papa moment (I think)!
Go Gophers!

During one of his class presentations, my 2nd grade son on career day told his class he wanted to be an NFL punter when he grows up because of the steady income, low injury risk, limited pressure associated with the position, and off seasons which he can spend with his wife and son Firework (future son’s name). The teacher asked him who is favorite player is which he declined to answer instead stating who his least favorite player is; Blair Walsh (he wasn’t even alive for the Seattle playoff game at TCF). I still haven’t mentioned Gary Anderson yet. Baby steps. I say all that to say, this year despite years of his father’s suffering, he became a Gopher fan. Proud papa moment (I think)!
Go Gophers!
Every kid should grow up wanting to be Bucky Scribner (my favorite Vikings punter) or at least Greg Coleman.

Go Gophers!
Haha nice. I was at an NFL training camp once and after practice some players were signing autographs. Some of the players just gave out a couple autographs and some signed a good amount. The punter, who was about 40, signed autographs for every person there. A trainer walked up to him after a couple minutes and asked him if he wanted anything to which he replied “yeah, a Jack and coke.” The trainer just stared at him until a few seconds later he said “I’m serious” and then she ran off to get it. Long story short, good luck to your son, I think he’s on the right track.

Who will be the first non transfer recruit? Much more important question. Transfers are about filling roster sized holes at this point. We’re playing catch up.

Top Bottom