Who should start on Saturday at RB?

Who should start at RB this weekend?

• Shady Salamon

Votes: 28 75.7%
  • Deleon Eskridge

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I'm really hoping for Shady to get the nod. I think he is the more physical of the two runners and I was really impressed with his TD catch at Wisky.

I hope we cycle both Shady and DeLeon like Mason did with Barber and Maroney. With that said, I'd like to see Shady start because I think we need a banger in there to get things started.

I don't think we need a ton of yards because Weber will once again provide most of the yards. What we do need is a tough, turnover free rushing game which forces Iowa to at least think about the possiblity of our running attack. Weber is going to carve up this Iowa secondary...hows that for wishful thinking:)

I've never understood why Brewster is so adamant that we will have one, and only one, feature back. I like the idea of rotating Eskridge and Salaman. If I had to pick one, I'd say I've always been more impressed with Shady and thought he should have been given the ball more all season.

I think blocking ability should be one of the key decisions that goes into who starts/plays.

I think we give #20 a shot. (not asking to start but come on how about some touches) You know the kid that in 2006 helped us beat Iowa. You know the one that has 2 rebuilt knees and has worked his arse off to get back to 100%. You know the one you send out there on Kick off Team, Kick Off Return, and Punt Return to throw key blocks. You know the one that has not got a chance in the backfield all year, oh wait he was healthy enough for some garbage time one game!

Agree 100%!

I think we give #20 a shot. (not asking to start but come on how about some touches) You know the kid that in 2006 helped us beat Iowa. You know the one that has 2 rebuilt knees and has worked his arse off to get back to 100%. You know the one you send out there on Kick off Team, Kick Off Return, and Punt Return to throw key blocks. You know the one that has not got a chance in the backfield all year, oh wait he was healthy enough for some garbage time one game!

JT has more motivation and more experience and more skill than either of the other two. They'll get there no doubt, but on Saturday go JT's way!

No matter who gets the start, I'd like to see Shady get the bulk of the load. I think he is a bit more hard-nosed, which will be important in this game, he hits the open holes with more authority and isn't afraid to lower his shoulder, and he's got better hands out of the backfield as a throwing option.

GO GOPHERS!

I'd like to see Shady get the nod. His tough running style adds a bit of a spark to the offense and against a pretty tough Iowa D I think he may be the better bet to gain tough yards on the ground.

Wow I'm surprised so many people want Shady. Neither are going to get much yards, so I want a guy who is better in the passing game. I'll give a nod to Shady with his catch last week.

Whats go with shady that is a no brainer

I don't see the practices but it does seem odd that we don't see more of Jay Thomas. When he was healthy last year I like him more than what we have had to work with this year.

Between Shady & Eskridge--I like them both and want to see both. They're both good receivers out of the backfield and the styles complement one another. It doesn't matter to me who starts as long as they both get touches. If Iowa has to blitz to get to Weber I'd rather see more Eskridge with the sprint draw play that we ran twice against Michigan with great success each time. If they're not blitzing I'd like to see Shady pound it a little bit more and rotate Eskridge in to give Shady a breather and for the change of pace.

Two Choices

the poll only had the two choices so I took Shady as I would like to see what he can do starting a game out. His one other experience was okay and then Deleon took over. I also would like to see Thomas get some carries.

i think that given more touches shady would be the better runner. with the o-line struggling we need a runner who can keep the playing going after the first hit. that is my biggest problem with eskaridge, he falls down with first contact. i don't think that i have seen him break a tackle yet. shady can take a hit, not only did he break his freakin helmet last week, but against michigan he came in and straight leveled a michigan DB.

this is another reason i like hasan lipscomb, he seems like a downhill runner. but he also has plenty of speed.

I believe shady was a little banged up earlier in the season. And I'm not too sure JT has great lateral moves yet. I don't think brew has meant to go with Eskridge as much as he has. It's just what he had to work with. But now that shady appears to be healthy that extra toughness is needed more than the break away speed.

You must be retarded

I'm really hoping for Shady to get the nod. I think he is the more physical of the two runners and I was really impressed with his TD catch at Wisky.

Salamon has no lateral movement whatsoever. He runs like a 90 year old woman. He is tentative and weak at the line and if a hole doesn't develop, he just gives up. HORRIBLE.

Unless we decide to unmask Whaley, we need to go with Eskridge. Salamon is not an option.

Toughness is the key to beating Iowa

I absolutely think Shady gives us the toughest yards. Neither one of these guys has break away speed or great moves...so bring on the kid that loves to knock heads...

I hope Jay gets a chance today. The kid is one tough football player and person.

Top Bottom