Who said Rob Ryan is a bad candidate?

Gopher Fan

Reaction score
ncf_u_ryan1_sw_400.jpg

- Rob Ryan has over 20 years as an assistant coach on the collegiate and professional level.

- Rob Ryan has been a Defensive Coordinator in the NFL for 7 years leading the Raiders(Top 5 defense in 2006) and Browns.

- Rob Ryan has won 2 Super Bowls with the Patriots coaching their dominant LB core in the past decade.

- Rob Ryan comes from a coaching family with his father Buddy Ryan being a NFL head coach as well as his brother Rex Ryan coaching the New York Jets.

Obviously we'd need him to make the right hire to handle our offense, but this guy is right on par with his brother Rex Ryan in terms of coaching up a defense. Hes making a defense made out of late round draft picks and former backups play much better than their low level of talent dictates. I think this type of guy is what our program needs, a kick in the a$$ to change the culture with this program. He wouldn't have any problem recruiting with his name recognition & personality.

At least grant him an interview if we can't get a big name.

Rob Ryan isn't getting an interview nor should he. Just cause his defense went out their today and played a hell of a game doesn't mean he is now something special. Enough with these Rob Ryan post, it's not happening and would be a bad hire even it did.

I cannot remeber if he graduated from Edina West, but he certainly attended high school there for a few years, making him a guy who "understands Minnesota" whatever that means.

Rob Ryan isn't getting an interview nor should he. Just cause his defense went out their today and played a hell of a game doesn't mean he is now something special. Enough with these Rob Ryan post, it's not happening and would be a bad hire even it did.

Bob Ryan will get a head coaching job. Point is Head Coaching runs in the family, and this guy has paid his dues. For people to say Bob Ryan is a bad candidate is a joke.

Problem with the Ryans is that they literally can't get in their players' faces due to their prodigious girths.

Bob Ryan will get a head coaching job. Point is Head Coaching runs in the family, and this guy has paid his dues. For people to say Bob Ryan is a bad candidate is a joke.

I think so too. Just like Leslie Frazier, he might have some NFL opportunities lined up too.

This guy could be the HC we've been looking for to change the culture.

Defense is crucial. I'd be happy with either guy.

Top Bottom