Who remembers Briean Boddy-Calhoun’s amazing play vs Nebraska? (video)

I was experiencing one of the best parts of having a baby - they are sleeping in your arms and you can't move because the baby is sleeping. "Sorry wife, I would love to help you but I guess I will sit here on the couch and hold this sleeping baby... ah shucks the Gophers are on... I definitely didn't plan that...."

Anyway that interception left my emotions somewhere between wanting to cheer so much and knowing I couldn't move.

There was a penalty on Nebraska on the play. Watched it live—was praying the penalty wasn’t on us as it would have negated it of course. Flag is around the 8 yard line. Can see it after the strip.

Was my first gophers road game!

Last edited:

There was a penalty on Nebraska on the play. Watched it live—was praying the penalty wasn’t on us as it would have negated it of course. Flag is around the 8 yard line. Can see it after the strip.

Was my first gophers road game!
Much better than our first Gophers game in 1989, which was against Nebbie with a 48-0 outcome (Gophers did not win). Ouch!

I was experiencing one of the best parts of having a baby - they are sleeping in your arms and you can't move because the baby is sleeping. "Sorry wife, I would love to help you but I guess I will sit here on the couch and hold this sleeping baby... ah shucks the Gophers are on... I definitely didn't plan that...."

Anyway that interception left my emotions somewhere between wanting to cheer so much and knowing I couldn't move.
I want to congratulate you for not spiking your infant🤣

In that mode now with kid 2. Was holding kid 1 when the Wolves got the 1st pick (Ant!!) and yelled. Wife still brings it up

Just watched the replay of the whole game. Still awesome. Great hearing the announcer saying maybe a 9 win nebraska team is the best they can be now as the clock wound down.

Mitch rushed for 111 yards and 2 TDs that game. I remember wondering why Nebraska could not stop him on the option run.
More than a handful would have been losses but he ran over or carried defenders for 3-4 yard gains. He was a punishing runner that day.

Mitch rushed for 111 yards and 2 TDs that game. I remember wondering why Nebraska could not stop him on the option run.
I just watched the 2014 game on B10 network. Leidner was legit

Listened to the Husker game station for the post-game show. Pelini threw everyone under the bus except him. Losing to Minnesota in Lincoln was an abomination. The ship started to sink at that point.

I was at that game and sitting at the 50 yard line with my friend, a die-hard Husker fan.

A top 10 sports moment for me. (and the silence you hear is Memorial Stadium)

Top Bottom