Who plays LSU? Bama or OSU?

NoDakGopher

Reaction score
Being I'm a Bama fan i'm partial to say them since we lost to LSU and OSU lost to Iowa State. Going into yesterday they said it was nearly impossible that OSU would get in and after coach Gundy went on a campaign after the game it seems many people bought into it. Who do you guys think gets in? I saw the Bowl Projections say LSU vs OSU

I wouldn't watch LSU vs Bama. You did see the last time they played, right? Bama could've easily won the game, but they didn't. I don't think they deserve a second chance.

If you don't even make it into your conference championship game, it is pretty hard to justify playing for the national championship. That is my opinion and Alabama should be penalized in the eyes of the voters for playing one less game. Thus, my vote would be for Oklahoma State.

Going to be close, Bama retained the #2 spot in the AP poll. ESPN said they think it will be the closest ever between 2 and 3 in the BCS era

Just released right now, Bama retains #2 in the Coaches poll as well

If Bama is in the championship, I'm not even gonna watch.

If Bama is in the championship, I'm not even gonna watch.

Why not? I hate Oregon and Auburn almost as much as I hate Wisconsin and I watched last year. Granted I got blackout drunk and don't remember the game (I had to ask who my friends who won the next day) but it's still the national title game

I kinda hope it's LSU-Alabama again just so it hopefully gets people to realize how stupid today's system is. If every games matters like so many proponents of the current system say, then this year would certainly disprove that.

Why not? I hate Oregon and Auburn almost as much as I hate Wisconsin and I watched last year. Granted I got blackout drunk and don't remember the game (I had to ask who my friends who won the next day) but it's still the national title game
Auburn and Oregon didn't play each other last year. LSU-Bama has already happened, Bama lost in the ugliest game of football I've ever seen. I never said I dislike either of these teams. Only team I dislike is Wisconsin.

I kinda hope it's LSU-Alabama again just so it hopefully gets people to realize how stupid today's system is. If every games matters like so many proponents of the current system say, then this year would certainly disprove that.

I still think they should keep the BCS and take the top 8 teams and do a playoff with them. Heck, even the top 4 wouldn't be bad

Bama. Look at what LSU did to everyone else, but they had to settle for field goals against Bama. The Tide would beat OSU because the SEC is a much tougher conference than the Nebraska-less Big 12. It would be a crime if Bama did not get the nod.

Bama. Look at what LSU did to everyone else, but they had to settle for field goals against Bama. The Tide would beat OSU because the SEC is a much tougher conference than the Nebraska-less Big 12. It would be a crime if Bama did not get the nod.
Bama couldn't beat LSU at home, why should they get another chance? Give another team a chance.

That's another reason i'm skeptical about OSU and any other Big 12 team for that matter. There is no such thing as defense in that conference. Going into last night OSU, the #3 ranked team in the country, had the 107th ranked defense. I'm not positive but I have a strong feeling that's worse than ours. I would honestly bet money on LSU beating OSU by 3+ touchdowns

OSU got beat by a mediocre Iowa State team, whereas Bama got beat by LSU. Clearly Bama is the better team but a rematch doesn't necessarily please a lot of people.

OSU got beat by a mediocre Iowa State team, whereas Bama got beat by LSU. Clearly Bama is the better team but a rematch doesn't necessarily please a lot of people.
We know who they lost to, but another thing to consider is who they beat. OSU has beaten five teams with winning records. Alabama has beaten three. OSU has four wins over top-25 teams. Alabama has two. OSU also (unsurprisingly given the above facts) has a higher SOS ranking.

I keep hearing that Alabama is CLEARLY the better team. Based on what? How are you measuring this? It's far from self-evident from where I'm standing.

Granted I got blackout drunk and don't remember the game (I had to ask who my friends who won the next day) but it's still the national title game
. No Internet in your part North Dakota yet, eh?

Lsu v. Osu would be a blowout by Lsu. As nodak said, osu has no defense. Lsu could win by as many as 40 in that game. It would be over before halftime. At least with Alabama you know you will get a competitive game.

Lsu v. Osu would be a blowout by Lsu. As nodak said, osu has no defense. Lsu could win by as many as 40 in that game. It would be over before halftime. At least with Alabama you know you will get a competitive game.
OSU may not have much of a defense but LSU doesn't have much of an offense.

Their offense would be fine against a below average defense like Oklahoma State.

One thing OSU does do well on defense is force turnover and LSU rarely turns the ball over.

We know who they lost to, but another thing to consider is who they beat. OSU has beaten five teams with winning records. Alabama has beaten three. OSU has four wins over top-25 teams. Alabama has two. OSU also (unsurprisingly given the above facts) has a higher SOS ranking.

I keep hearing that Alabama is CLEARLY the better team. Based on what? How are you measuring this? It's far from self-evident from where I'm standing.

Have you watched multiple games played by both teams? If you have it would be a lot clearer. OSU has beat 3 ranked teams-not 4 (Baylor (15AP/16ESPN), Kansas St (11/10), and Oklahoma (19/19)) whereas Bama has beaten 2- not 3 (Penn St. (24/23) and Arkansas (7/7)). Of the 11 wins by both teams OSU has averaged 51 points and has given up 25 whereas Bama has averaged 39 and given up an average of 9. Bama lost by 3 to the #1 ranked team whereas OSU lost to a .500 team in ISU by 6. OSU has a nice offense but their defense is suspect. Say what you want about strength of schedule but the SEC is a lot better than the Big 12 this year IMHO.

I'll watch regardless of who LSU plays. I only got to see the first half of the LSU/GA game and then find out how LSU blew them out. Awesome defense.

Add me to the list of people that won't watch if it is LSU vs Alabama.

Everyone assumes the SEC is the better conference.

Well Lsu beat a 2 loss Oregon team.
Bama beat Penn state.
Georgia lost to Boise.
Arkansas taken to the wire by Texas A&M.

Maybe they are the best two teams.

Here is the thing though:
If the championship game is LSU vs Alabama and Alabama wins, the wrong national champion is crowned. If LSU wins, the wrong national champion is crowned if everyones assumption the SEC is the best always is wrong and oklahoma or Stanford or Boise is really the best team in the country.
If the championship game is LSU vs Oklahoma, regardless of who wins, the only way the wrong national champion is crowned only if Stanford or Boise is the best team.

lakesbison probably thinks NDSU would give LSU a game. :banghead:

The SEC is extremely top-heavy. Sure, LSU and Bama are top-flight teams, but the rest of that league was trash.

Lost in all of this is that Bama lost to LSU AT HOME.

Gotta be Okie State.

If we're going to keep the BCS, it needs a tweak: take the two top conference champions. If you aren't even your division champion, let alone the conference champion, you aren't the national champion.

If we're going to keep the BCS, it needs a tweak: take the two top conference champions. If you aren't even your division champion, let alone the conference champion, you aren't the national champion.
In the NFL you can not win your division and win the Super Bowl. Or does that not matter because there is a playoff.

The SEC is extremely top-heavy. Sure, LSU and Bama are top-flight teams, but the rest of that league was trash.

Lost in all of this is that Bama lost to LSU AT HOME.

Gotta be Okie State.

...and the Big 12 was good this year? Bama lost at home by 3 to the nations #1 team. OSU lost on the road to a 6-6 team.

Top Bottom