Who is your Gophers "Pick to Click" in the Ohio State game?

Stan

Reaction score
Offense: Daniel Jackson with a breakout game. 6 catches for 112 yards and 1 TD

Defense: Coney Durr with a pick and a long return, but not all the way to the house.

Special teams: Trickett impresses in his first game, connecting on 2 FGs and all his XPs.

I've got Mo down for ~175 yards. Can't wait to see if that will be enough!

Tanner Morgan. 18-24. 3 passing TDs, 0 int., 1 rushing TD.

Offense: Daniel Jackson with a breakout game. 6 catches for 112 yards and 1 TD

Defense: Coney Durr with a pick and a long return, but not all the way to the house.

Special teams: Trickett impresses in his first game, connecting on 2 FGs and all 6 of his XPs.
Fixed

Offense = Potts (he lights up for 6+ yds per carry)
defense= Otomewo ( focus will be on the other end and he compliments and breaks out)
Great for the team if the light went on for Esezi this year … in this game.

Tanner Morgan. 18-24. 3 passing TDs, 0 int., 1 rushing TD.
If Tanner has no interceptions or fumbles, odds of our winning move up dramatically. On any 3rd and long, Tanner will be facing OSU’s shock and awe “Speed Rush” team. Don’t want to get into too many of those situations.

If Tanner has no interceptions or fumbles, odds of our winning move up dramatically. On any 3rd and long, Tanner will be facing OSU’s shock and awe “Speed Rush” team. Don’t want to get into too many of those situations.
To take it further, if Morgan gets a rushing touchdown our odds also likely move up dramatically. He's only scored 2 rushing TDs in his career and hasn't had one since Fresno St. in 2019 so that probably means OSU's rush defense isn't doing so hot.

A few rising stars will emerge out of the cocoon.

I am anxious to see who will emerge out of WR Room.
I am also anxious to see how the retooled Defense will look against the Gophers.

The defense will be the key in the 2021 season in the race to the Big Ten West title. Kicking needs to "change their best."

The Offensive line needs to hold up against one of the best DT rotations they will see all season. Protect Tanner and allowing that half-a-second extra time to release the ball.

The WRs and TEs have their work cut. They better be ready for every passing scenario from the quick slant, the five and dime short-yardage passing, to the long bombs.

They will try to shut down the Gophers' running game.

The Gophers must not beat themselves with miscues.

The game is either going to be a close contest, or it can turn into a blowout if the Gophers lost their focus.

Whatever the outcome, I envy you all who are attending the game.

Last edited:

To take it further, if Morgan gets a rushing touchdown our odds also likely move up dramatically. He's only scored 2 rushing TDs in his career and hasn't had one since Fresno St. in 2019 so that probably means OSU's rush defense isn't doing so hot.
Tanner might get a rushing TD if that is his first planned rush of the game. In our RPO, he either hands off to the RB or holds and throws. He almost never hold and runs himself … though he often seems to have an open lane (because he never runs). Of course, after one or two good planned QB runs—if there are any!—OSU will adjust … making some other play a tad easier for us.

I think we'll see a lot of 6-man line and maybe a 7-man line for a couple plays.

Mo will eclipse 30 carries.
Call it about 33 carries and about 225 yards.
Morgan with completions to move the sticks here and there.
Morgan 10 for 15 and 96 yards.

Tanner might get a rushing TD if that is his first planned rush of the game. In our RPO, he either hands off to the RB or holds and throws. He almost never hold and runs himself … though he often seems to have an open lane (because he never runs). Of course, after one or two good planned QB runs—if there are any!—OSU will adjust … making some other play a tad easier for us.
I really hope we see him do this more often this year. I'm sure the coaches discourage it due to injury concerns, but it's hard to keep defenses honest when him pulling the ball isn't ever a true threat. Just a couple times a game would go a long way to open up holes for Mo.

This may be a bit of a wild card but I'm going to go with Nubin. I'm hoping we have improved safety play and we see an int or a couple of pass break ups.

I've had my game face on for a week in my Big Lake bunker waiting for a sign. This morning, the mist tells me this game will be a tense riveting compelling battle. big plays on both sides. it ends with some one lining up for a 47 yard field goal attempt. The sun burned through and the fog lifted. I am left an emotional wreck and wondering wide left, wide right? is it too much to hope that it could be Goood!!! How's our kicker BTW?

This may be a bit of a wild card but I'm going to go with Nubin. I'm hoping we have improved safety play and we see an int or a couple of pass break ups.
That would really help us. OSU has incredible downfield threats. A pick? Please …

I'm gonna go with our Punter Crawford, pinning OSU within the 5 yard line more than once.

Top Bottom