Who is the Big 10 favorite in 2011?

I would guess Ohio State.

In the "Legends" side, your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea. Any team could play in Indy and it wouldn't be a total shock. Gophers included.

12 team tie for first/last place. Glen Mason loses his first game against The Ohio State University as the new coach at Michigan after taking a 63-0 lead into the fourth quarter.

Gray is going to be 2011's Cam Newton (minus off field stuff) and is going to lead us to a National Championship which will redeem the Big Ten.

Prob OSU but it could be a grab bag. Michigan with Harbaugh could be tough because he is just that much better of head coach than Rich Rod.

Prob OSU but it could be a grab bag. Michigan with Harbaugh could be tough because he is just that much better of head coach than Rich Rod.

Not disagreeing on Harbaugh versus Rodriguez, but did Rodriguez' IQ drop about 75 points on the trip out of West Virginia?

Not disagreeing on Harbaugh versus Rodriguez, but did Rodriguez' IQ drop about 75 points on the trip out of West Virginia?

Spread offense with no defense did in Rich Rod and he failed to adjust in order to save his job.

I think Ohio State is generally the favorite going into every season barring exceptional circumstances. The suspensions may be just that circumstance, though...the conference game the suspended players will be missing is MSU @ OSU. I assume they'll still be able to practice with the team before that.

Otherwise, I think wisky is losing a lot of important pieces, as is iowa. What's Nebraska's situation look like going into next year? I'd say either them or PSU are in the best position to take advantage of the situation.

I think Ohio State is generally the favorite going into every season barring exceptional circumstances.

Yep. They're pretty much the default pick at this point going into every season. They just seem a step or two (or ten) ahead of everybody else in the conference, and will stay that way until someone knocks them off their perch.

Can't spell "obvious" without an O, an S, and a U.

Wisconsin will be very good again. If they find a QB they will be very very good.

I would go OSU #1, Wisconsin #2, Nebraska #3, but if PSU had a QB they could be very good. I think MSU falls off and Iowa drops some.

I do think that Wisconsin needs to find a QB as well though.

Spread offense with no defense did in Rich Rod and he failed to adjust in order to save his job.

How Brewsterish...

On to the topic at hand...

I would say Nebraska, OSU and then Northwestern.

other than OSU, I don't see anyone as an obvious favorite. I don't know how many important players Iowa loses, but it seems to me they do best with low expectations.

If Nebraska hadn't sh!t the bed in their bowl game, I'd pick them to be in the running behind tOSU. Martinez really can't throw the ball though.

I think Wisconsin loses two OL and Tolzien. I'm sure they have to large kids to plug into that line, and their RB's should be strong. Will they be good next year? Do their fans f*** dead animals?

Yep. Sconnie should be good to very good again, unfortunately. :eek:

You're only as good as your last game....

......which makes us feel pretty good right about now!

It is easily Ohio State if those guys come back. If the suspended guys go pro it will be much more interesting.

Wisconsin will not be as good next year (though they will still be good).
Iowa will be about the same next year (record wise I see them as a 7-9 win team).
If Persa comes back healthy Northwestern is dangerous.
Nebraska is a wildcard because it is tough to project how they will do switching leagues and playing a brutal schedule
If LeShoure comes back Illinois will be as good as their Mendanhall year
Michigan is a wildcard because if RRod is the coach they will have a great offense, and if RRod isnt the coach nobody has any idea.
Penn State is good if they don't turn the ball over.
Indiana is pretty bad, as is Purdue.

If the Ohio State guys all go pro, there are really 8 teams that realistically could have a shot if the right guys stay or go.
Teams that have no chance
Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota, Michigan.

I suppose I should say that even Michigan and Minnesota could compete. Michigan if they figure out their defense and stay healthy at QB and Minnesota if M. Gray (or whoever the QB is) can play at a very high level.
I really don't see Michigan figuring their defense out enough to contend.
I don't know enough about Gray to say he can play at a high enough level (he would have to play very well).

Don't think there is a whoever

I suppose I should say that even Michigan and Minnesota could compete. Michigan if they figure out their defense and stay healthy at QB and Minnesota if M. Gray (or whoever the QB is) can play at a very high level.
I really don't see Michigan figuring their defense out enough to contend.
I don't know enough about Gray to say he can play at a high enough level (he would have to play very well).

I agree with your explanation or re-consideration for both the Gophers and Michigan. For the Gophers, contending could happen, I think. Obviously percentages suggest otherwise. But I don't believe there is a "whoever"...Gray has to stay healthy and be a superstar for the Gophers to
elevate to contention. Nobody else has that pedigree unless we recruit another guy like a Gray or a Denard Robinson in the next 30 days. I suppose a new Heisman running back candidate could have the same impact, as well.

I think it is pretty wide open. OSU will be interesting to see what happens. How will MSU and WIS rebound from their bowl games? What will Kill be able to do with some talent year 1? I think the conference is very wide open and that is exciting in year #1 of divisional play.

I think Ohio State is generally the favorite going into every season barring exceptional circumstances. The suspensions may be just that circumstance, though...the conference game the suspended players will be missing is MSU @ OSU. I assume they'll still be able to practice with the team before that.

Otherwise, I think wisky is losing a lot of important pieces, as is iowa. What's Nebraska's situation look like going into next year? I'd say either them or PSU are in the best position to take advantage of the situation.

I would be stunned if OSU doesn't appeal and get that fifth game dropped. NCAA enforcement is a joke right now and I don't see them taking Pryor out of a money game ( like they could have this year by taking them out of their bowl game).

Next Years favorite has to be the Golden Gophers !

I would be stunned if OSU doesn't appeal and get that fifth game dropped. NCAA enforcement is a joke right now and I don't see them taking Pryor out of a money game ( like they could have this year by taking them out of their bowl game).

Next Years favorite has to be the Golden Gophers !

The NCAA suspended AJ Green (WR from Georgia) for 4 games earlier this year for selling a jersey. I'm curious how they rationalize 5 for OSU players. I know they said it was an extra game for the NCAA discovering it but I'm not aware of Green self reporting the sale.

Top Bottom