Who is going to leave the program?

Next would be Konate. He is improving, slowly. However, if Lynch is as good as advertised, Konate becomes less necessay

What happens if Lynch gets in foul trouble? Or worse turns his ankle? We need BK, Big Reggie ain't running the floor and pounding for 40mins.

On Doogie's podcast it's mentioned that there could be a major roster shake up at season's end. Who has been rumored to be leaving, or what's your best guess? Personally, I'm thinking Buggs and Diedhiou. Maybe Konate? Although he's shown some signs of being at least a serviceable backup center.

Doggie predicted a major gift to the U for the new basketball complex to be received right after the first of the year. Does anyone believe anything he has to say. Not me.

Go Gophers!

My first preference is Gaston, he's completely useless. 99% chance he's gone in my opinion.

Next would be Konate. He is improving, slowly. However, if Lynch is as good as advertised, Konate becomes less necessary, especially if we can bank the scholarship into 2017.

Then it would be Buggs. Buggs beats out Konate because he will be a 5th year senior and his staying around doesn't have any effect on our 2017 scholarship situation.

Anyone else, I would rather not lose.

You want no depth at C next year? What do we do if Lynch gets hurt or is in foul trouble? He averaged almost 4 fouls a game in about 20 mpg over his first two years of college bball...

If buggs was to leave where does he imagine he would play at? Hasn't shown much in his time here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We need a back-up center, If there is a JUCO we can get then fine, let Konate go.

It would be very hard to find a JUCO center better than Konate will be next season... If Konate was playing JUCO right now he would be putting up some impressive numbers, it's a completely different level.

If buggs was to leave where does he imagine he would play at? Hasn't shown much in his time here.

Assuming that Buggs graduates this year, he could go back home to Texas (for example), play immediately and be probably the best player on the team for a school like Texas Southern (for example), play as much as he wants, play for a legit coach (Mike Davis) and have a higher likelihood of playing in the Tournament than he would here. Particularly since he would already have a degree in hand from a good school, a decision like this is really a no-brainer in my opinion.

Assuming that Buggs graduates this year, he could go back home to Texas (for example), play immediately and be probably the best player on the team for a school like Texas Southern (for example), play as much as he wants, play for a legit coach (Mike Davis) and have a higher likelihood of playing in the Tournament than he would here. Particularly since he would already have a degree in hand from a good school, a decision like this is really a no-brainer in my opinion.

You might want to consider joining the Texas Southern board.......Much better.

You might want to consider joining the Texas Southern board.......Much better.

Why would I do that? I'm a fan (not to mention alumnus, employee, and current student) of the University of Minnesota and have no connection to Texas Southern whatsoever.

Well, Texas Southern has same RPI and MN so not sure how he would be their best player. He be a bad player on another bad team.

Remember when Buggs finally got to play vs Iowa a couple years ago and shot lights out from deep? What in the world happened to that guy? Someone with time on their hands...break down his shot mechanics then and now.

Assuming that Buggs graduates this year, he could go back home to Texas (for example), play immediately and be probably the best player on the team for a school like Texas Southern

Are you cracked? The Great Zach Lofton will be the best TS player next year.

It would be very hard to find a JUCO center better than Konate will be next season... If Konate was playing JUCO right now he would be putting up some impressive numbers, it's a completely different level.

Konate couldn't put up BIG numbers in a pick up game at the YMCA. Can't dribble, can't shoot, can't catch, can't pass. His defense is getting better, still think I'd take any high performing JUCO center over him. Question is with our RPI around 200 or lower can we expect that a top 10% JUCO center would want to come here to be a backup center? I will acknowledge there are worse centers playing JUCO right now, I don't want them either.

Konate couldn't put up BIG numbers in a pick up game at the YMCA. Can't dribble, can't shoot, can't catch, can't pass. His defense is getting better, still think I'd take any high performing JUCO center over him. Question is with our RPI around 200 or lower can we expect that a top 10% JUCO center would want to come here to be a backup center? I will acknowledge there are worse centers playing JUCO right now, I don't want them either.

Would you have considered former Illinios center Nnanna Egwu a Big ten center with Big ten numbers? there are a lot of worse centers playing juco right now in fact most of them are.

Egwu: (sophomore season) 5.3 pts/g 4.9 rb/g 0.5 ast/g 1.4 blks/g
10.3 pts/40, 7.7 rbs/40, 0.8 ast/40 2.1 blks/40

Konate: (sophomore season) 5.0 pts/g 4.3 rbs/g 0.3 ast/g 1.2 blks/g
9.7 pts/40min, 8.5 rbs/40 min, 0.7 ast/40 2.4 blk/40

Pretty similar stats to a 3 year(?) starting Forward-Center for Illinois

Well, Texas Southern has same RPI and MN so not sure how he would be their best player. He be a bad player on another bad team.

Texas Southern is the best team in possibly the worst Division I conference. He would, without a doubt, be one of their 2-3 best players, playing for a better coach, and would easily have a better shot of making the Tournament playing as a 5th-year senior next year.

Texas Southern is the best team in possibly the worst Division I conference. He would, without a doubt, be one of their 2-3 best players, playing for a better coach, and would easily have a better shot of making the Tournament playing as a 5th-year senior next year.
He might not even start for them. He is a bad basketball player.

I don't agree that it would be no big deal for Dorsey to transfer. I still like his upside. If any of Mason, Murphy, McBreyer or Dorsey transfer, Pitino is dead coach walking unless he pulls some serious Juco's out of his hat, IMO.

I agree, Dorsey may be the only one on the roster that has All B1G potential, it would not be good to lose him at this point, any kind of turnover in the Freshman and Pitino is in trouble.

He might not even start for them. He is a bad basketball player.

The gap between the power conferences and the bottom of Division I is huge. He already starts on a Big Ten team - absolutely no chance he doesn't start and play heavy minutes on a low-end DI squad. He is not a bad basketball player. No scholarship player on a DI squad is a bad basketball player. The guy who is the 15th man on a class B rural South Dakota high school team is a bad basketball player.

Konate couldn't put up BIG numbers in a pick up game at the YMCA. Can't dribble, can't shoot, can't catch, can't pass. His defense is getting better, still think I'd take any high performing JUCO center over him.

Konate would be a high preforming JUCO. Foolish to believe otherwise.

Do Season Ticket Holders count?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
There's always Macalester....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If you saw Zona and UCLA tonight, you saw the impact bigs can have. UCLA lost their two best with 6 min left and Zona abused them down low. If Murphy can't stay out of foul trouble, you need at least 3 competent bigs.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Will be a perfect time to secure season tickets for years to come. Good riddance

I agree! If fans can't sit through the sh*t that's out on the court right now then I say good riddance! Who needs them?!

Top Bottom