Who is Dean Dalton?

bassy123

Reaction score
this guy is <b>brutal</b> on the recap show on fsn. how did he get that job?

He is also on the Tim Brewster show, and is pretty tough to watch there. I think we definitely need less Dean Dalton, and a lot more Natalie Kane.

yeah baby

I think he coached under Tice for the Vikies

Dean is a good guy...was the RBs coach for Tice...he has known Brewster for some time...Dean now does radio for the Sirius NFL channel and spends a lot of time with his boys, who are in high school.

He also is on Kare 11 on sunday nights for a recap of the Vikings games.

he was also on KSTP 5 Vikings sports wrap a few years ago.

I agree Dalton is terrible, but it's obvious that they want someone who knows Xs and Os to be able to talk about game planning, preparation, film review, etc. with Brewster.
I'm presuming there are not a ton of former NFL coaches, currently out of football, living in the area. So they went with what they could get based on their own parameters.
He is brutal as a TV presence, but there's no question he knows football.

He is a very nice guy. He played football at the Air Force Academy and he also coached in Madison for a couple of years in the mid and late 80's. He is very well connected in the coaching arena. He could have continued to coach, but he did not want to keep moving his family around.

That would explain the lack of "love" for Dalton. Gher's can smell Becky a mile away.

I don't mind him. Seems like a "regular guy" which is better than "t.v. personality guy".

He is a very nice guy and he does have connections in the coaching world.

That being said after watching this weeks Gopher Football with Tim Brewster Show I think he needs to take his job a little more seriously. He sounded like he had put zero prep into his questions, the show, his delivery, etc.

Very unprofessional and thus it makes the show look bush league.

On the Gophers Football weekly on FSN: When it's just Deano and Coach Brew, watch what Deano does with his hands when he is talking....SO ANNOYING!

Top Bottom