Who got beat?

EE_Gopher

Reaction score
I was with my wife all night, so the only play I really saw was Keanon Cooper catching their running back from behind. (Great to have a linebacker with speed!)

I was wondering what broke down on the Weber sacks?

I thought Weber was to blame for at least a couple sacks. Happy feet and panic followed by running into a defender. I thought overall the o line looked pretty good. As others have pointed out... Weber's stats were pretty similar to Kilgore, yet many hear are putting 100% of their effort into pointing out how much better Kilgore was. Weber also did a nice job of side stepping the rush on a couple occasions to find open receivers. Made some good throws and made some waaaay off target throws. He was a real mixed bag but overall I thought he was okay.

Against better teams, he will have more opportunities to throw, and perhaps more opportunities to get into a groove.

Weber had an up and down game, but with the game on the line he avoided a sack and threw a dart on the sideline to keep the GW drive going.

Defensively they just didn't get set when MTSU speeded things up and it turned into a 5 min cluster F.

Weber had an up and down game, but with the game on the line he avoided a sack and threw a dart on the sideline to keep the GW drive going.

Defensively they just didn't get set when MTSU speeded things up and it turned into a 5 min cluster F.

Agreed...he did this last year too...in some key (not all) situations.

He was great on the middle crossing routes (Gray went up HIGH to get that one crossing route...wow!) and and that long pass in the 1Q to Lair. Nice throw!

But bafflingly high on number of the other 8 incompletions...just bring the ball down 1 ft and a couple drives continue.

But no picks...and I did I did see him go to a 2nd receiver a couple times.

GM

Well, to be fair to Weber on 2 of the sacks Ed Olson got absolutely TORCHED. But the one that sticks out to me is the one where he had time but tripped taking his drop.

I was with my wife all night, so the only play I really saw was Keanon Cooper catching their running back from behind. (Great to have a linebacker with speed!)

I was wondering what broke down on the Weber sacks?

Tinsely was the one who got burned on that run. He was right there in the hole, didn't breakdown and the rb ran right by him. If he breaksdown, the play is stuffed at the line. Cooper made a heck of a run to catch him though.

Tinsely was the one who got burned on that run. He was right there in the hole, didn't breakdown and the rb ran right by him. If he breaksdown, the play is stuffed at the line. Cooper made a heck of a run to catch him though.

I was mad that we allowed the long run but was amazed that one of our linebackers was able to run their starting running back down form behind.

I was mad that we allowed the long run but was amazed that one of our linebackers was able to run their starting running back down form behind.

It was especially fitting after someone (i dont remember who) posted during the game thread that Cooper looked slow this year.

Agreed...he did this last year too...in some key (not all) situations.

He was great on the middle crossing routes (Gray went up HIGH to get that one crossing route...wow!) and and that long pass in the 1Q to Lair. Nice throw!

But bafflingly high on number of the other 8 incompletions...just bring the ball down 1 ft and a couple drives continue.

But no picks...and I did I did see him go to a 2nd receiver a couple times.

GM

It seems to me that webber has thrown a lot of high balls for some reason and even some receptions are high as well. That is all his feet and follow through on his passes. Bring those boys down! I though Gray was going to get murdered on that one high incompletion.

It seems to me that webber has thrown a lot of high balls for some reason and even some receptions are high as well. That is all his feet and follow through on his passes. Bring those boys down! I though Gray was going to get murdered on that one high incompletion.

He read too many GH posts about skipping passes and throwing the ball in the dirt.

Top Bottom