who do you hope coaches the gophers in 2011-12?

• Total voters

Go4

Reaction score

R U kidding me? Really? no offense, but what ridiculous question...

This is ridiculous. It doesn't matter who your coach is, if you lose your starting PG and last year's starting PG, you are going to STRUGGLE!

This is ridiculous. It doesn't matter who your coach is, if you lose your starting PG and last year's starting PG, you are going to STRUGGLE!

And it's the whole ripple effect that losing those players caused, forcing us to move our best shooter and best offensive player into a role that does not suit his strengths and in fact has worked against those strengths, and also leaving Tubby no choice but to throw his freshmen into the fire and give them extensive minutes, when ideally you'd rather bring them along more slowly than that and let them develop behind the upperclassmen.

I want to see what Tubby can do with a full, healthy roster of guys that he recruited for his system. He said a couple weeks ago that he can handle losing, but not when the players aren't doing the things the coaching staff expects them to do. Let's see what that is.

This is an idiotic poll, no offense. Anybody wanting to see Tubby fired is either trolling or knows nothing about basketball.

Missing Option

Your poll was missing a very important option:

----> This is the dumbest poll question EVER

:mad:

istockphoto_11748739-the-sky-is-falling-newspaper-headline.jpg

Stupid polls like this are not worth commenting on, so as you can see, I am not commenting on it.

This is an idiotic poll, no offense. Anybody wanting to see Tubby fired is either trolling or knows nothing about basketball.

I agree, but fast forward 365 days and if they are in the same positition trouble will be brewing. No decision on coaches will be made until new President and possibly AD are in place.

I voted for Tubby.

I find it comical that there are some people who want Tubby gone, but then come up with possible replacements like Flip and Miles. Are you kidding? At least throw out a name of someone who could possibly be named in the same sentence as Tubby. Tell me we have some inside track on Rick Pitino or something, not these clowns mentioned. Miles? Flip? Only should be considered if Tubby walks away.

Want to know what is ridiculous? Tubby not taking the BLAME for recruiting Devoe Joseph and all the players he has also brought in that LEFT because of him or reasons he should have known in the first place!!! What comes around goes around buddy.

Ok, I refuse to vote on this because you should always hope the current coach will be your coach next year. The exception to that would be if you stink as bad as TB(I think everyone knows who that is). Anyone who voted for someone other than Tubby is a troll in my eyes. I don't care who the coach is nobody could have done better than Tubby without a point guard and with the difficult schedule we had this year.

Want to know what is ridiculous? Tubby not taking the BLAME for recruiting Devoe Joseph and all the players he has also brought in that LEFT because of him or reasons he should have known in the first place!!! What comes around goes around buddy.

I thought I had heard it all, but now someone is mad at Tubby for not being able to foresee the future. Awesome.

I would like to nominate Jacki0 for dpodoll's and blizzard's ...epic-unheard-of-level-of-dumbassery list. All in favor?

Oh no...old men are on my case because they don't believe a coach should figure out they probably have character issues before they are recruited. Take notice, none of monsons guys have left. Tubby can't keep any of his dumb a$$ players on board.

Oh no...old men are on my case because they don't believe a coach should figure out they probably have character issues before they are recruited. Take notice, none of monsons guys have left. Tubby can't keep any of his dumb a$$ players on board.

What? Another reason for your nomination. Keep it up.

You really think i care what some old fart from up north thinks regarding the content I put on this message board. Your wrong. How that wasn't logical or feasible to your doctor like brain actually makes me dumb founded. Try re-reading it again. Maybe it will get through your smart a$$ brain.

Yup. I get it. All of these genius hope tubby leaves so that Joel maturi can find a suitable replacement with the u's ample willingness to pay for a coach.

:facepalm:

So far, we have no NAYS

Eat your heart out, Jacki0

Make fun of us old farts all you want, God Bless You and your immature arguing. You are a beauty. But as a Good Proctologist should, I will hereby give you a free exam to help you find your head.

Is 30 considered old?

Cobbs had no character issues out of high school. Carter's sister has cancer. Is that Tubby's fault too? Joseph didn't have any character issues out of high school either. In fact I don't think we heard anything bad about him until this season, his junior year. The only guys you can point at are White and Mbakwe. One has worked out well, the other hasn't.

Just because a guy has "character issues" after he gets to the "U", doesn't automatically mean the kid was a troublemaker or anything in high school. You're assuming way too much.

I'm really starting to believe that posting on GH is a scheduled daily activity at the asylum.

There isn't a coach in the world that could get his team to live up to expectations with the circumstances facing this years team.

Take the starting PG, a backup scoring guard and the first big man off the bench away from any team in the country and they won't be as nearly good.

Blaming Tubby for Carter, Devoe and Royce leaving is absurd. Carter has an ill sister. He left for a very admirable reason. Royce and Devoe couldn't stay out of trouble long enough to stay with the team. Sure Tubby knew about Royce's problems in high school but let me ask you this:

What would all of you in the asylum have said about Tubby's recruiting if he doesn't get Royce?

Say Royce ended up across the St. Croix?

Everyone would have thrown a sh*tfit and it would have been proclaimed far and wide that Tubby is washed up.

Tubby is one of the best coaches of his day but his time at Minnesota has been marred by events that have been out of his control.

Tubby runs a particular scheme but anyone who follows BBall knows that and any kid thinking about playing for tubby knows what to expect for better or worse.

People keep claiming that Tubby is washed up. That's ridiculous. This basketball program won 9 games the year before he arrived. 9. He has brought this team to a level of consistency not seen at the U of M in years.

I want this program to take the next step as bad as the next fan but it hasn't happened for numerous reasons, however calling to get rid of one of the main reason for this hope is absolutely stupid.

I know this was long and I hope everyone viewing from the asylum has time to read it before you alotted time is up. Eventually this team is gonna run into some good luck.

Good day.

I'm really starting to believe that posting on GH is a scheduled daily activity at the asylum.

There isn't a coach in the world that could get his team to live up to expectations with the circumstances facing this years team.

Take the starting PG, a backup scoring guard and the first big man off the bench away from any team in the country and they won't be as nearly good.

Blaming Tubby for Carter, Devoe and Royce leaving is absurd. Carter has an ill sister. He left for a very admirable reason. Royce and Devoe couldn't stay out of trouble long enough to stay with the team. Sure Tubby knew about Royce's problems in high school but let me ask you this:

What would all of you in the asylum have said about Tubby's recruiting if he doesn't get Royce?

Say Royce ended up across the St. Croix?

Everyone would have thrown a sh*tfit and it would have been proclaimed far and wide that Tubby is washed up.

Tubby is one of the best coaches of his day but his time at Minnesota has been marred by events that have been out of his control.

Tubby runs a particular scheme but anyone who follows BBall knows that and any kid thinking about playing for tubby knows what to expect for better or worse.

People keep claiming that Tubby is washed up. That's ridiculous. This basketball program won 9 games the year before he arrived. 9. He has brought this team to a level of consistency not seen at the U of M in years.

I want this program to take the next step as bad as the next fan but it hasn't happened for numerous reasons, however calling to get rid of one of the main reason for this hope is absolutely stupid.

I know this was long and I hope everyone viewing from the asylum has time to read it before you alotted time is up. Eventually this team is gonna run into some good luck.

Good day.

Well done. Just more support for those (not you) whom I nomminate for ...epic-unheard-of-level-of-dumbassery list.

Go Gophers!!!!!

Top Bottom