Who do you hate more Wis. or Iowa?

Wisconsin, by a large margin. As others have said, my hatred of Michigan trumps that of Iowa....though, other than N'Western I have a large distain for the rest BigTen

Wisconsin.

However, in 2008 it was Iowa. I would have sworn Iowa fans believed they were the best team in the country after beating Penn State. Seriously, before the game was bad but after the game I wanted to break a bottle over the top of an Iowa fans head after he bumped in to me and started bragging and yelling at me about the game after he saw I was wearing a Gopher shirt. 0 class.

What do you mean? Hate a whole state? I have friends and relatives in both. Maybe a better question might be which state do you most want to beat in athletic competition? :confused:

Nope, it was a correct question. I hate the entire state. I hate Iowa as a state more than Wisconsin, but I hate Becky more than the Hogeyes.

Iowa fans are really stupid, but they don't even come close to Wisky fans. I really hate the Wisconsin Badgers---I mean a lot. I just hate Iowa. I'd rather live in Wisconsin than Iowa if forced though..

all iowa has is an earlier muskie fishing opener than MN. nothing else worth while.

Like I have said before....It is so windy in parts of MN because Iowa really sucks.

But then again, so does Wiskey.

Dr. Don,
You didn't get it quite right.

Q: Why is it so windy in Minnesota?
A: Because Iowa sucks and Wisconsin blows.

Your answer should be the other way around to make the most sense...

I hate wisconsin the most, it's the rivalry. Iowa is football only, and it's enough to make me hate them, but I'd agree with many -- michigan is the next most hated.

I definately hate wisconsin more. I hate everything about the state from the badgers to the packers to the brewers and so on. I also hate when people from Wisconsin refer to the University of Wisconsin as 'Madison.' We dont call The U "Minneapolis." Just little things about the state make me mad.

I really don't think you should be too upset about the "Madison" thing. When someone goes to Duluth, do they say that they go to the U of MN - Duluth? No, they either say UMD or Duluth. Crookston and Morris are the same way - not U of MN Morris or U of MN Crookston.

Granted they can just go with Wisconsin like the U does with Minnesota, but because of the number of different U of WI schools, locals usually narrow it down the the city. "Madison" can't go with UWM because that's the nickname for Milwaukee so they kind of have to go with just "Madison".

They both suck, it's North Dakota that blows. Why do you suppose predominant winds are from the northwest?

Wisconsin by far

Big fan of hockey so that probably plays into it

(and while this is unpopular - I like Michigan :eek:)

Who do you hate more Wis. or Iowa?

I hate them equally, but for different reasons. I hate Iowa because their fans have this thing where they constantly over dramatize the importance of Iowa. They constantly google any mention of "Hawkeyes" on any legitimate sports news source and start forwarding it around as evidence that Iowa is on par with Notre Dame or U.S.C. They think that having the University of Iowa is the same as having a major DI school plus 4 pro sports, plus multiple theaters, plus more than 3 non-chain restaurants. They ignore the fact Iowa has no winning tradition and has been good in 2-3 year spells here and there throughout the decades.

I hate Wisconsin because they have been good for a few of the past 7 or so years and this legitimately makes them feel superior to Minnesotans. This, of course, is just faking it. They are really jealous that they are not Chicagoans (if they are from eastern Wisconsin) or Minneapolitans (if they are from western Wisconsin.) Like Iowa, Wisconsin has no football or basketball tradition.

Growing up in Duluth...

You learn that wisconsin's ignorance and stupidity knows no boundaries. The hate of them has no bottom or middle. Everytime you think you have seen it all, something new comes along. As for the flatlanders, this says it all...Idiots Out Wandering Around. The hate of them is tempored by pity. Last time I was there, a month ago, it was still 1995 in Des Moines, and that is what passes for a big city there. Madison has no excuse, since people go there to "learn", but leave dumber. Iowa City is rural for all intents and purposes.

I get a weird feeling when Wisconsin plays Iowa

It's something like how can our enemies hate each other? Too weird to explain but it seems very unholy and maybe evil.

You learn that wisconsin's ignorance and stupidity knows no boundaries. The hate of them has no bottom or middle. Everytime you think you have seen it all, something new comes along. As for the flatlanders, this says it all...Idiots Out Wandering Around. The hate of them is tempored by pity. Last time I was there, a month ago, it was still 1995 in Des Moines, and that is what passes for a big city there. Madison has no excuse, since people go there to "learn", but leave dumber. Iowa City is rural for all intents and purposes.

Love this^

Wisconsin by far though. Seems like more of them infiltrate our fine city. The number of ridiculous stories of idiocy coming from that state is out of control. We NEED to turn the corner on them in football! Has to happen! I hope Bret can bring them back to mediocrity for good. They think they've been a great team forever.

This became complicated for me because I fell in love and married a girl from Wisconsin who went to Madison. She lived in the Twin Cities area at the time and still does. I dislike Wisconsin less then I did, as I've met many great people from there, it's almost identical to Minnesota. For that matter people in the five state area are very similar to each other and 99.9% are all good people.

My wife and I made an agreement to support each other's school when we're not playing them. My wife is simply a better person then me as she supports the gophers better then I do and she takes losses better, I'm much grumpier.

Our biggest question is who our daughter roots for. We're trying not to mess with her head to much, but she's 2 years old and with grandparents from different states she's good goldy and bucky stuff everywhere. We joke she'll pick to go to Iowa and piss us both off (but she's not getting any of her college savings if she does that).

I enjoy beating Wisconsin the most because the rivalry is better and it means more. I've been treated better wearing maroon and gold in Wisconsin then Iowa. The one and maybe only time I went to Iowa for a football game the people were so drunk and so mean, and when we were driving out of the parking lot people actually keyed our cars (with us in them).

While I hope to crush both of these schools each time we play them, I'm taking the high road and while I like to engage in friendly verbal taunting, I'll always be a hospitable host when in Minneapolis. I expect them to treat us respectfully (with fair ribbing) when they're visitors and likewise. The college atmosphere is great and better sportsmanship makes the experience better. I've heard from friends that Penn State people are the best hosts for football games and were extremely gracious in sharing food and beverages, even after a defeat at home.

Why should I hate anybody?

The Gophers are a member of the Big Ten Conference. We have a lot of rivals. To me, it depends on the standings in the Big Ten Conference in any given year. If a win over the Badgers would do the Gopher's standings in the Big Ten Conference the most good, the biggest boarder rival would be Wisconsin. If a win over Iowa would do the Gophers the most good, a win over the Hawkeyes would mean the most to me. However, if a win over Purdue, Illinois, Michigan, MSU, PSU, OSU, NU or Indiana would do the Gophers the most good, they are the most fierce rival for the week. Of the border battle games, it depends from year to year.

Quite frankly, as far as I am concerned, all the teams in the Big Ten are respected rivals. The reason the U of M has been in the Big Ten Conference for so long is because of these rivalries. They keep score. They keep records of the wins and losses and conference stadandings. OOC games are only for making money and feeding the hungry non-revenue sports. Big Ten Conference games are about pride, tradition and honor. According to the all-time standings, the University of Minnesota is about the middle of the standings. Every Big Ten win is something to be treasured. Go Gophers!

iowa. i don't hate wisconsin, but i love to see them lose.

Wisconsin and its not even close. Saying you hate Iowa is lowering us to their level. That isn't even a real state.

Top Bottom