Who Coaches the Quarterbacks?

BroncoRedux

Reaction score
This was a position of great improvement in 2019. With KC leaving, I'm thinking the position coach for the quarterbacks is as an important hire as the offensive coordinator.

Zack Annexstad will be coaching the QB's in about 3 years.

Tanner Morgan’s hip movement coach.

Whoever he is, he better be a quarterback whisperer.

Jimmy Zeb is in buffalo. His resume says he put me qbs on the map. Every week I am sure he convinced Jerry that everything was 100 percent

Why not give it to Patterson? He coached multiple QBs in his record-setting JUCO offenses.

I'm not sure there really are any of those.
Andy Reid is the first name to come to mind credited with being a quarterback whisperer.
Harbaugh with Baltimore has seen incredible results this season.
They exist for certain.
KC with Tanner Morgan.

Andy Reid is the first name to come to mind credited with being a quarterback whisperer.
Harbaugh with Baltimore has seen incredible results this season.
They exist for certain.
KC with Tanner Morgan.

The QB role is so important I would think if there were guys who were that great with QBs ... they would be a hotter commodity than any other coach.

Some guys just meet up with better QBs than others.

I'm convinced great QBs are just born, nobody can mold even a "good" QB into a great one or anything like that.

The QB role is so important I would think if there were guys who were that great with QBs ... they would be a hotter commodity than any other coach.

I'm convinced great QBs are just born, nobody can mold even a "good" QB into a great one or anything like that.
Joe Burrow, Tanner Morgan two guys not highly recruited. Somebody has to believe in them and whisper the vision that can do this.
A coach believing in a player - the bond, the relationship can develop a player that their parents, the player themselves, never saw or thought imaginable. It can happen.

It can not happen without the opportunity. There are QBs born to be great who never get the opportunity because their coach did not think they could.

Didn't the tweet say that the Offensive Quality Coach was coaching them for the week?

My first thought with KC leaving was QB coach. But wondering if he was an amazing QB coach or is Morgan just really good. Not like have had an embarrassment of riches in the QB department lately.

My first thought with KC leaving was QB coach. But wondering if he was an amazing QB coach or is Morgan just really good. Not like have had an embarrassment of riches in the QB department lately.
Morgan is really gud.

Joe Burrow, Tanner Morgan two guys not highly recruited. Somebody has to believe in them and whisper the vision that can do this.
A coach believing in a player - the bond, the relationship can develop a player that their parents, the player themselves, never saw or thought imaginable. It can happen.

It can not happen without the opportunity. There are QBs born to be great who never get the opportunity because their coach did not think they could.

I wouldn’t call Joe Burrow lightly recruited.

I wouldn’t call Joe Burrow lightly recruited.
Well, he had potential for sure but according to Urban Meyer he was not a Top 350 recruit.
Urban’s development helped make Joe the guy is today...according to both.

I would Tx

I would disagree with the suggestion that great QBs are just born.

You need to be born with arm takent and the feet, but that doesn’t guarantee you anything. The characteristics that make you great involve years of studying defenses, repetition, and dedication. It requires mentoring, coaching and a lot of work.

it also depends on how you define great? Stats only, winning, QBR? Your definition of great and mine might not be the same.

Top Bottom