Who can fall into our laps...

nemosgold

Reaction score
I hope Maturi is working the phone lines behind Brew's back in case someone better is out there. This program is in a lot better shape than it was 15 years ago with the new stadium. I don't think we improved our coaching going from Mason to Brewster, I even question our recruiting. Shouldn't we be getting higher ranked classes with the new stadium? I know we need to probably wait a year but if the right guy was out there I'd make the move.

Brewster is a far better recruiter than a new stadium would yield. He's also a stand up guy who brings excitement and positive energy to these players AND students.

The problem is that he keeps changing his coordinators and play styles. You can't be effective when you have to relearn a system every year, or if you enter a system that you were NOT recruited to play in.

He just got a 3 year extension, and unfortunately, he may need to start over as if this was year #1 (assuming his coaching staff stays -- and I don't know if anyone really wants that).

I think Brewster has done an good job. Minnesota was fairly competetive today.

The problem is that PSU was beatable. They are probably going to drop 2 or 3 more games this year.

At some point Minnesota is going to have to move to the next level. And it can't happen without beating teams like PSU today.

But look at this way: Bo Pelini and Nebraska just got hammered at home by a Texas Tech team that is totally irrrelevant and vastly inferior to Penn State.

Brewster is a far better recruiter than a new stadium would yield. He's also a stand up guy who brings excitement and positive energy to these players AND students.

The problem is that he keeps changing his coordinators and play styles. You can't be effective when you have to relearn a system every year, or if you enter a system that you were NOT recruited to play in.

He just got a 3 year extension, and unfortunately, he may need to start over as if this was year #1 (assuming his coaching staff stays -- and I don't know if anyone really wants that).

Who did?

Rumor has it Tony Dungy is waiting eagerly by his phone.

Fact has it that Dungy's wife won't live in a cold weather area. Indianapolis was seriously pushing it for her.

And the guy is THE ultimate family values man. He wont do that to his wife.

I really hope she changes her mind. But i doubt it.

The monday after the Wisconsin game? Unless I misread it...

Our offense is WAY worse this year than it was last year. We were terrible offensively. I thought out defense did a decent job of keeping us in the game.

I think Brewster has done an good job. Minnesota was fairly competetive today.

The problem is that PSU was beatable. They are probably going to drop 2 or 3 more games this year.

At some point Minnesota is going to have to move to the next level. And it can't happen without beating teams like PSU today.

But look at this way: Bo Pelini and Nebraska just got hammered at home by a Texas Tech team that is totally irrrelevant and vastly inferior to Penn State.

I think if Brewster got an extension more would have been made of it. I think they'll wait until the season is over and discuss it.

What is the source?

I must be wrong. I'm not going to try to dig it up now, I just know it was 3 weeks ago... actually happy to know that it may not have happened!

At least as of October 13, Brewster did not have a contract extension. Link:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_13551381?source=rss

Pertinent quote from Maturi: "As for the Gophers football program, in the third season under coach Tim Brewster, Maturi said he's "pleased."

"I really am," he said. "We're 4-2, and I think at one time or another we've been behind in every one of those games. Historically, that's not been Gopher football. I'm really pleased with the resiliency of the coaches and the kids. We're finding a way, and that's a real positive sign."

Maturi wouldn't say whether he's considering a contract extension for Brewster, who has two years remaining on his deal.

"We'll talk about that at the appropriate time," he said.

The message must be clear and strong to Maturi. Don't extend Brewters contract even if we come through with 2 or 3 more wins. It should have been clear with Monson and Mason that mediocre teams are not good enough.

As for Dungy, he had the same wife when he was assistant coach for the Vikings. College football is a shorter season than the Vikings and they can be back in Florida for most of the winter. Go for Tony.

we need to go get the Kelly guy at Cincinnatti...that is one helluva coach

we are lucky to win 2 more games this year folks-I am sad to say it, but this team is absolutely lost

nothing has changed with since mason-better players, yes, but same results....6 or 7 wins and an also ran bowl is as good as it gets. Nothing wrong with that, but i think we fans deserve better. those of you who traveled to the game should demand that the athletic dept reimburse you for your expenses-we as fans deserve better than what was on display today-beyond bad

He'd be near the top of my list!

we are lucky to win 2 more games this year folks-I am sad to say it, but this team is absolutely lost

nothing has changed with since mason-better players, yes, but same results....6 or 7 wins and an also ran bowl is as good as it gets. Nothing wrong with that, but i think we fans deserve better. those of you who traveled to the game should demand that the athletic dept reimburse you for your expenses-we as fans deserve better than what was on display today-beyond bad

Brian Kelly is a great coach but quite frankly he can and will hold out for a better job than Minnesota such as Notre Dame.

Top Bottom