Who are your four favorite Gophers running backs?

Just to shake up some memories for the older crowd and maybe encourage the youngsters to check the old stats.
These guys are from back when Ray Christenson on the radio was our access to Gopher Football.
Barry Mayer
Jim Carter
John King
Rick Upchurch
I think there were 2 different radio networks that carried the Gophers in the late 60’s and early 70’s.

Rick Upchurch
Marion Barber I
Darrell Thompson
David Cobb

Need to put all the guys mentioned above and put them on a poster like the first one on this thread. Hopefully though someone's feelings aren't hurt as to being left off.

If DT sticks around for another 2 years and our OLine can figure things out...and if he can stay healthy...and if we can keep winning games...

He has a chance to crack this list

The pic in the OP is pretty tough to top. But since I wasn't really paying close attention during DTs years I would swap him out for Thomas Hamner.

1. MB3
2. Maroney
3. Mo
4. Hamner

Thompson
Cobb
Mo
Barber

New rule I apply for considering amongst Gopher greatest is playing four seasons.

When Maroney was a freshman, there were a couple of times that he took my breath away. His talent was so special. Whether he was the best is hard to say but one thing we’ve been blessed with is great talent at that position it’s been fun to watch these kids play through multiple decades.

Only gonna go with guys in my fandom.

Cobb-nobody did more with less. Tough as hell runner even without big holes
Mo-a warrior. Never seemed to fail to fall forward.
Maroney- opposite of the first two. But ran like deer when there was daylight.
Tapeh- not gigantic numbers like others but ran well when given the ball and was a bull of a blocker.

Top Bottom