Who are the better head coach candidates?

Reaction score
I don't think Brewster survives the season. Both offensive coordinators have been terrible the past 2 years and Cosgrove is a joke so far.

I think he has done a decent to good job of recruiting but I'm not sure anyone else couldn't do the same with a new stadium on campus.

There are so many things to rip, but not knowing the rule on the onside kick is pretty pathetic. Undying loyalty to Weber is a joke, as well. Gray needs to start playing QB more and throwing the football.

Someone needs to just bleeping teach Weber how to throw the dang ball away.

There was only play today where Weber could've and should've thrown the ball away. The other times, he was still in the pocket which means if you throw it away that's intentional grounding.

I actually like Brew but if it is even a remote possibility to land Dungy then you pull the trigger immediately. I don't think that is the case, though.

I don't think Brewster survives the season. Both offensive coordinators have been terrible the past 2 years and Cosgrove is a joke so far.

I think he has done a decent to good job of recruiting but I'm not sure anyone else couldn't do the same with a new stadium on campus.

There are so many things to rip, but not knowing the rule on the onside kick is pretty pathetic. Undying loyalty to Weber is a joke, as well. Gray needs to start playing QB more and throwing the football.

Someone needs to just bleeping teach Weber how to throw the dang ball away.

It's a top-25 job in the country now w/ TCF, but can't see how Maturi/Bob. B make the move, nor should they at this point...the hot candidate = the Houston coach, Sumlin

It's a top-25 job in the country now w/ TCF, but can't see how Maturi/Bob. B make the move, nor should they at this point...the hot candidate = the Houston coach, Sumlin

No, it's not even close to a top 25 job in the country. Are you being serious?

you are such a fool. how about you go and punch your dog in the face or something?! you seem like that kind of guy. :rolleyes:

You're just getting desperate now. You seem to find time to respond to every anti-Gopher post on here. Why is that? I'm trying to understand you, but it just doesn't make sense. Come back down to reality and then make an accurate assessment of the Gophers.

Yes...only D-1 school in state, good enough in-state talent, large metropolitan area to recruit to is a benefit in my book...quick list of better jobs = ND, Mich., Wis., OSU, PSU, Ill., Texas, Texas A & M, Okla St., Okla., USC, UCLA, Cal., Oregon, Clemson, Flor. St., Miami, Florida, South Carolina, LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Tenn., Georgia, Va. Tech., and others....OK, top-25 a bit too high, still a great job

and maybe a couple on my quickie list could be debated...top-30 or top-35 then

we need a coach like Kirk Ferentz.

I've supported Brew all along but I'm finally fed up. The wasting timeouts, leaving BIG PLAY TREY in there after his taunt (and all his bad plays), keeping Weber in and constantly praising how great he is....come on

There was only play today where Weber could've and should've thrown the ball away. The other times, he was still in the pocket which means if you throw it away that's intentional grounding.

You don't have to make it catchable, just within a few yards of a WR. A ground ball is plenty good to just get rid of the ball. He holds it FOREVER.

You're just getting desperate now. You seem to find time to respond to every anti-Gopher post on here. Why is that? I'm trying to understand you, but it just doesn't make sense. Come back down to reality and then make an accurate assessment of the Gophers.

because most of the anti-gopher posts are f-ing cluless. that's why. you are a great reflection of that. oh, and i have made realistic assessments of the gophers. i am now just focused on making an accurate assessment of a crazy loon like yourself. my conclusion of that assessment will be coming shortly, but i think i already know what it is going to be. :rolleyes:

i like brew and i think making a change at this point would be a mistake. we need to keep our OC and DC for a few years and get an identity. the longer you play in the same system the better. i think this loss goes on weber and not brew. he needs a ticker in his head to get rid of the ball and to learn how to manage a game

Remember, Bronko is the guy who thinks Minnesota hockey fans would rather play Ohio st. than North Dakota. Reality clearly isn't his strong point.

because most of the anti-gopher posts are f-ing cluless. that's why. you are a great reflection of that. oh, and i have made realistic assessments of the gophers. i am now just focused on making an accurate assessment of a crazy loon like yourself. my conclusion of that assessment will be coming shortly, but i think i already know what it is going to be. :rolleyes:

Learn how to spell. Let's see if you can find your mistakes...

Remember, Bronko is the guy who thinks Minnesota hockey fans would rather play Ohio st. than North Dakota. Reality clearly isn't his strong point.

who gives a rip about frickin no dak today or anyday?! this is a football board you idiot. try to stay on topic. :rolleyes:

yeah like weber turning it around or we are done for the season. we need to package plays with gray. we need to mix in more plays for our playmakers like stoudemire, hayo, green and even tow-arnett

ohhhhh.......the vaunted "spelling" comeback. those are always priceless. man, are you pathetic fargo boy. :rolleyes:

You are the most clueless person on this site. I honestly think you have no idea what you are talking about. Your "posts" are nonsensical. Your pure ignorance does not allow you to see what is happening right in front of you. Minnesota is nothing more than a below average football program right now. Who knows, maybe the things will turn around someday, but that's not going to happen anytime soon. I love the Gophers, but right now, I'm just fed up with all that is happening with the program (which hasn't won a Big Ten title in decades!).
You need to step away from your computer and stop making yourself look like such an idiot. Quit before you fall any further behind.

On the bright side, if they keep Brewster around for a few more years, a lot of us are going to get some pretty sweet seat upgrades!

You are the most clueless person on this site. I honestly think you have no idea what you are talking about. Your "posts" are nonsensical. Your pure ignorance does not allow you to see what is happening right in front of you. Minnesota is nothing more than a below average football program right now. Who knows, maybe the things will turn around someday, but that's not going to happen anytime soon. I love the Gophers, but right now, I'm just fed up with all that is happening with the program (which hasn't won a Big Ten title in decades!).
You need to step away from your computer and stop making yourself look like such an idiot. Quit before you fall any further behind.

take your own advice fool.

I think someone should at least check and see if Dungy is even remotely interested in coaching again...

If Dungy wants the job he gets the job. He is truely a wonderful person, being here in Indiana I haven't meet a person who doesn't rave about him. It would really say alot about him if he comes back to alma mater to coach a mediocare program.

Other than that the person on the top of my list is Chris Peterson out at Bosie State. I'm pretty sure he has had multiple offers to leave already and turned them all down but if I was an AD in search of a football coach he would be my first call. After that the guy from Utah is up there along with BYU. Then there has to be an coach from Florida that is about due to find a huge coaching job.

first of all people are all pissed off on this board about the star trib story about brewster's future being in question and now everyone either thinks he is gone before the season ends or should be fired and are thinking about coaching candidates. this is the funniest posting board in the history of man.

the jury is still out whether brewster will be os is a good head coach but the recruiting has been upgraded under his watch the problem is the revolving door of assistant coaches in the coordinatior positions. that is where a problem may be. need to have some consistence ther for more than a couple of seasons.

what brewster can't do is go and try and change the systen again. he is already on his second offensive system.

Top Bottom