Who are the better head coach candidates?

Reaction score
Who are the better head coach candidates around college football? Bringing in an NFL guy was obviously a mistake.

Bart "Skippy" Shumaker out of West Kensington-St. Donahue-Gilco Junior High School.

Kevin Sumlin, Houston
Randy Edsall, UConn
David Cutcliff, Duke
Leach
Jim Lovitz

and many others

Kevin Sumlin, Houston
Randy Edsall, UConn
David Cutcliff, Duke
Leach
Jim Lovitz

and many others

Jim Lovitz from SNL? Oh you meant Leavitt the former USF coach. ;)

Leach would be awesome but Maturi is too 'nice' to hire him. He just doesn't have the balls to do it.

If Brewster is fired, Maturi should be the next to go. He has done enough damage.

Jim Lovitz from SNL? Oh you meant Leavitt the former USF coach. ;)

lol. Yes sorry. I'd rather have Jon Lovitz at this point. At least his press conferences would be better.

Who's the TE coach in Denver? I'd put my money on whoever that is.

Al Golden wouldn't evem cosider this job if it opens. He probably is in line for the Penn St job.

The gophers need a coach with a tough personality that will turn around soft players on the team right now.

Brewster has been too nice to this team. They play like pampered babies.

This would probably be done by an experience d coordinator.

I wouldn't call Brewster an NFL guy, he's got way more college experience than pro experience. I would be more than happy with Leslie Frazier, the Vikings Defensive coordinator. I am not saying he's my choice or he would want the job, just that I certainly would not eliminate NFL guys due to Brewster.

Bob Nielson - UMD

This guy beats DII schools from CA and builds a program in Duluth. Hasn't lost a road game in 3 years. I think Ohio St is pretty happy with the DII coach they brought in - along with other schools.

HIRE THE FOOTBALL COACH ATHLETIC DIRECTOR FROM...UMD

RIGHT AFTER YOU FIRE BREWSTER'S ASS .......TONIGHT!

Tressel had experience at the D1 level, Nielson is very good and has done a tremendous job in Duluth, but he doesn't have that experience

HIRE ................BOB NIELSON..............TONIGHT!!!!!

NIELSON HAS ONE EHLL OF A LOT MORE EXPERIENCE THAN BREWSTER!

As I said before, I'd love Harbaugh at Stanford, but no chance to get him mid-season. I'd love Sarkisian from Washington, but no chance getting him either. Craig Bohl wouldn't be too bad. I seriously would consider Mike Leach. He may be an ass, but he sure won a lot. I'd like June Jones, but can't see him coming here. Think we could steal Mike Stoops from Arizona? He's no sure thing, but you never know. Tony Dungy would be a no brainer. He'd at least consider the job...

Do you guys not listen to Dungy when he says he doesn't want to coach in college or do you just assume he's lying?

As I said before, I'd love Harbaugh at Stanford, but no chance to get him mid-season. I'd love Sarkisian from Washington, but no chance getting him either. Craig Bohl wouldn't be too bad. I seriously would consider Mike Leach. He may be an ass, but he sure won a lot. I'd like June Jones, but can't see him coming here. Think we could steal Mike Stoops from Arizona? He's no sure thing, but you never know. Tony Dungy would be a no brainer. He'd at least consider the job...

I like the Stoops idea but I doubt we can get a Stoops that is currently a head coach. So what about the Stoops who is currently the D Coordinator at FSU?

Top Bottom